The REALLY HUNGRY Roadcat

Old November 15th 07, 02:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Daniel Mahoney

Default The REALLY HUNGRY Roadcat

Mornings in our house can get interesting. Nancy gets up before I do, and
she usually has a couple cats helping her get ready for work. I get about
when Nancy's leaving for work. I usually get a visitor while I shower
(Ranger jumps up to the top of the shower door), then anywhere from one to
four cats help me dry off and brush my teeth. Amelia, Tabitha, Harri, and
Ranger all like to ride on my shoulders after I'm dry so there's usually a
competition to see who gets into place for shouldering first.

Yesterday morning Tabitha was the only cat waiting for shouldering, so no
contest. I dried off, put on my robe, and allowed Tabitha to hop up. As
soon as she settled on my shoulders Harri came running into the bathroom.
Not ambling in like usual, but actually running. When she arrived she
started talking to me - a lot. She usually gives me a couple of
"meep-meep"s when she walks in, but not yesterday morning. She treated me
to a long discourse in kitty squeaks. And they were delivered with an
urgent tone - you know those kitty meows that you can tell are really
important, like "Hurry, Pa, Timmy just fell in the well!" sorts of meows?
That's the kind of squeaks I was getting from Harri. She then ran out of
the room and went thumping down the stairs.

After making sure that Tabitha was well settled on my shoulders, I left
the bathroom and headed for the stair. I got down to the bottom of the
stairs and saw Harri sitting in the door to the kitchen. I checked out
everything I could think of to check - Nancy had gone to work and didn't
lock herself out, nothing was on fire, nobody was trapped in the basement.
Everything looked fine to me. I then walked into the kitchen.

Harri was sitting right in front of the kibble feeder. The empty kibble
feeder. Sitting in front of it and staring at me. You know that look cats
can give you? That "How could you? Don't you love us anymore?" look?
That's the look I was getting from Harri. I had the nerve to allow the
kibble feeder to become empty, and I hadn't yet opened up a can of gooshy
food for the kitties.

We'll ignore for now the fact that Amelia is very round, and that Harri is
pretty round herself . My kitties were demanding food, so I fed them then
returned upstairs to finish brushing my teeth.

When I left the house 20 minutes or so later all was forgiven.

Old November 15th 07, 02:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_2_]

"Daniel Mahoney" wrote in message
news
[...]

Your kitties love you.

Old November 15th 07, 04:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Exocat[_2_]

"Daniel Mahoney" wrote

Harri was sitting right in front of the kibble feeder. The empty kibble
feeder. Sitting in front of it and staring at me. You know that look cats
can give you? That "How could you? Don't you love us anymore?" look?

BAD SLAVE, BAD!!!

Brownie points for putting it right so promptly, though

Purrs
Gordon & the FF

Old November 15th 07, 04:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Daniel Mahoney

BAD SLAVE, BAD!!!

Brownie points for putting it right so promptly, though

Purrs
Gordon & the FF

She normally just waits until I've showered and dressed and gone down to
the kitchen. If I'm moving too slowly she prods me along by standing on
her hind paws with her front paws on my leg, then s-l-o-w-l-y flexing her
claws until they dig into my leg. But yesterday morning that wasn't enough.

Funny little girl.

Old November 15th 07, 07:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
mlbriggs

On Thu, 15 Nov 2007 08:16:00 -0600, Daniel Mahoney wrote:

[...]

You probably forgot the time change, but they are still on ""stomach
time".
MLB

Old November 15th 07, 10:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jofirey

[...]

We get that routine fairly often..

I fill their bowl with kibble and then when its gone, replace it with
another clean full bowl of kibble.

Good service only gets you taken for granted around here. As it is, Jake
and Molly like to think they are totally independent masters and we are
incompetent slaves.

Besides I get a kick out of how indignant Molly can get over an empty food
bowl.

What she doesn't know, it gets her into the house more often to check up on
us. And increases the odds of getting her in at night.

Jo

Old November 16th 07, 05:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Daniel Mahoney wrote:
Harri was sitting right in front of the kibble feeder. The empty kibble
feeder. Sitting in front of it and staring at me. You know that look cats
can give you? That "How could you? Don't you love us anymore?" look?

LOL! I know that look so well. I'm getting it from Caliban right now,
though I fed him an hour ago.

Old November 18th 07, 07:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ginger-lyn

Daniel Mahoney wrote:
[...]

Too funny.

I just love that chatter thing; Merlyn does it a lot. I nod and go
"Uh-huh", having no idea what she's talking about. Well, that's not
true; it's usually pretty easy to figure out. And it's no contest when
it comes to food. I usually have 5-9 cats in the hallway, glaring at me
as I come out of my Inner Sanctum (in other words, the Bedroom) to feed
them. A few of mine are quite round as well. Heh.

Glad you took care of Harri's demands like a good cat slave ;-)

Ginger-lyn

--
Home Pages:
http://www.moonsummer.com
Old November 18th 07, 10:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

Daniel Mahoney wrote:

snip
Harri was sitting right in front of the kibble feeder. The empty kibble
feeder. Sitting in front of it and staring at me. You know that look cats
can give you? That "How could you? Don't you love us anymore?" look?
That's the look I was getting from Harri. I had the nerve to allow the
kibble feeder to become empty, and I hadn't yet opened up a can of gooshy
food for the kitties.

We'll ignore for now the fact that Amelia is very round, and that Harri is
pretty round herself . My kitties were demanding food, so I fed them then
returned upstairs to finish brushing my teeth.

When I left the house 20 minutes or so later all was forgiven.

Thanks for the laugh!
Best wishes,
Polonca and Soncek