Dot escaped into the cold outside

Old December 11th 13, 03:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

Default Dot escaped into the cold outside

Dot managed to dash past me into the dark and icy night as I was bringing
home groceries! I couldn't stop her because of my larger than usual armful
- I had bought drinks and things for my students who are presenting their
masters theses this week.

At least initially, Dot must've been delighted at this opportunity at
escape. She's fleet of foot, but always stops as soon as she encounters
some grass, and she loves to nibble, and lie and roll around in the sun.

Except that today, it was pitch dark and freezing, the ground covered with
rime and snow. Dot ran and ran to try to find her grass, warm sun, and flit
of bluebottles. But all she encountered was cold and hard. The bitter wind
flailed at her like frenzied poltergeists.

Dot's joy had instantly turned to despair, and if a kitty could ever
regret, she now did just that. Dot was sorry that she'd been naughty and
ran outside. Dot was sorry that she didn't yet gotten her plate of dinner.
She missed warm laps, cuddles under the covers, her family, Buster and
Spicey.

"Maoouuu!" Dot cried her saddest, most soulful cry.

Good girl! I found her and scooped her up. When I brought her inside, she
decided that she wanted to spend the rest of the evening on my lap.

Dot, seasons turn. You're 14 years old, but I know you'll see a few more
springs, a few more summers, if you're patient. And we'll see them
together, you and I.
Old December 11th 13, 03:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 12/10/2013 10:08 PM, Takayuki wrote:
[...]

Awwwww! Now Dot knows better. She can watch those seasons with you.
From where it's comfortable.

Jill
Old December 13th 13, 02:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

On Tue, 10 Dec 2013 22:49:52 -0500, jmcquown wrote:
On 12/10/2013 10:08 PM, Takayuki wrote:
Dot, seasons turn. You're 14 years old, but I know you'll see a few more
springs, a few more summers, if you're patient. And we'll see them
together, you and I.

Awwwww! Now Dot knows better. She can watch those seasons with you.
From where it's comfortable.

I'm not sure whether she's learned her lesson. She's a cat that wants to
live a full life every day. I'm sure she's hatching more kooky plans in her
furry little head.
Old December 13th 13, 07:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote:
On 12/10/2013 10:08 PM, Takayuki wrote:
Dot, seasons turn. You're 14 years old, but I know you'll see a few more
springs, a few more summers, if you're patient. And we'll see them
together, you and I.

Awwwww! Now Dot knows better. She can watch those seasons with you.
From where it's comfortable.

I'm not sure whether she's learned her lesson. She's a cat that wants to
live a full life every day. I'm sure she's hatching more kooky plans in
her
furry little head.

Make sure she can't get outside when she is a lot older. We all know what
happened to Kitty Farmcat. She was confused because I went into hospital,
and decided to go out to look for me. She was snatched from the street and
put down by the RSPCA. Thanks a bundle for that, RSPCA.
When she went missing, June was gutted as she was was looking after her for
me.
I took me ages to find out what had happened to her.
RSPCA, I would not give you a donation if I lived to be a hundred.
Kitty FC was getting vet care from her own vet.
It still bothers me now.

Tweed

Old December 13th 13, 07:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

wrote:
On 12/10/2013 10:08 PM, Takayuki wrote:
Dot, seasons turn. You're 14 years old, but I know you'll see a few more
springs, a few more summers, if you're patient. And we'll see them
together, you and I.

Awwwww! Now Dot knows better. She can watch those seasons with you.
From where it's comfortable.

I'm not sure whether she's learned her lesson. She's a cat that wants to
live a full life every day. I'm sure she's hatching more kooky plans in
her
furry little head.

Make sure she can't get outside when she is a lot older. We all know what
happened to Kitty Farmcat. She was confused because I went into hospital,
and decided to go out to look for me. She was snatched from the street and
put down by the RSPCA. Thanks a bundle for that, RSPCA.
When she went missing, June was gutted as she was was looking after her for
me.
I took me ages to find out what had happened to her.
RSPCA, I would not give you a donation if I lived to be a hundred.
Kitty FC was getting vet care from her own vet.
It still bothers me now.

Tweed

~~~~~~~~~
It would bother me, too. That truly was a tragic event. On the other hand,
it seems to me that it is not fair to blame the entire RSPCA for the
decisions/actions of one member of the RSPCA and one vet. At least in the
U.S., there are vast numbers of animals that need help from various humane
organizations, and the decisions of one person (good or bad) cannot
reasonably be used to exemplify the entire organization. Of course, you may
have other actions that you are using, in addition to what happened to KFC.
I do sympathize with you on that. I would be distraught if that happened to
one of mine.

MaryL

Old December 13th 13, 07:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote:
On 12/10/2013 10:08 PM, Takayuki wrote:
Dot, seasons turn. You're 14 years old, but I know you'll see a few
more
springs, a few more summers, if you're patient. And we'll see them
together, you and I.

Awwwww! Now Dot knows better. She can watch those seasons with you.
From where it's comfortable.

[...]

yes it is fair, they killed my cat when I was in hospital.

Tweed

Old December 13th 13, 08:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

wrote:
On 12/10/2013 10:08 PM, Takayuki wrote:
Dot, seasons turn. You're 14 years old, but I know you'll see a few
more
springs, a few more summers, if you're patient. And we'll see them
together, you and I.

Awwwww! Now Dot knows better. She can watch those seasons with you.
From where it's comfortable.

[...]

~~~~~~~~
Tragic as it is (and it truly is tragic), the entire RSPCA did not kill your
cat. One person (or possibly two--the person who picked her up and the vet)
killed your cat. For example, you did not decide not to ever see another
veterinarian because one vet made a terrible decision. So, I was suggesting
that it is not sensible to blame the entire RSPCA for the decision of one
member *unless* there are other problems of which you are aware.

MarL

Old December 13th 13, 08:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote:
On 12/10/2013 10:08 PM, Takayuki wrote:
Dot, seasons turn. You're 14 years old, but I know you'll see a few
more
springs, a few more summers, if you're patient. And we'll see them
together, you and I.

Awwwww! Now Dot knows better. She can watch those seasons with you.
From where it's comfortable.

[...]

The RSPCA once came after me about my goats. All fine of course.
Neighbour.
They spread themselves on the TV here looking good. Ask them to go out to a
badger or deer knocked down on the road.
They won't.
I m not sure what they do except killing KFC.

Old December 14th 13, 01:44 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_3_]

[...]

I'm so glad she decided being with you was better than being cold and
hungry. Your story reminded me of the two times Shadow managed to get
out through open windows and weak screens. The first time I found him
chewing grass in my yard and scooped him up. He wasn't the least bit
freaked out being out there. The second time, Marley had "pushed" him
through the screen and it was just outside the living room on the ground
floor and he was right where he'd dropped when I went out to get him.

Happy sunshiny seasons forthcoming, Dot!

--
CAPSLOCK–Preventing Login Since 1980.
Old December 14th 13, 09:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

On Fri, 13 Dec 2013 20:44:40 -0500, Cheryl wrote:
I'm so glad she decided being with you was better than being cold and
hungry. Your story reminded me of the two times Shadow managed to get
out through open windows and weak screens. The first time I found him
chewing grass in my yard and scooped him up. He wasn't the least bit
freaked out being out there. The second time, Marley had "pushed" him
through the screen and it was just outside the living room on the ground
floor and he was right where he'd dropped when I went out to get him.

Happy sunshiny seasons forthcoming, Dot!

A former poster who had experience with kitty vacations on a Finnish isle
once said that grass is the great distractor.

I wish mine would stay put when they get out! Both Dot and Buster have hid
when they found themselves stuck outside. Fortunately, that happens very
rarely.