Have a look at this

Old December 11th 13, 10:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Have a look at this

I guarantee it will make you laugh

if anyone ever wondered about the quality of Google translate...

http://distractify.com/fun/fails/the...s-of-all-time/

I loved it.
Tweed

Old December 12th 13, 03:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

On Wed, 11 Dec 2013 22:24:13 -0000, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

I guarantee it will make you laugh

if anyone ever wondered about the quality of Google translate...

http://distractify.com/fun/fails/the...s-of-all-time/

I loved it.
Tweed

Chicken rude and unreasonable

Old December 12th 13, 03:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

wrote:

I guarantee it will make you laugh

if anyone ever wondered about the quality of Google translate...

http://distractify.com/fun/fails/the...s-of-all-time/

I loved it.
Tweed

Chicken rude and unreasonable

Carefully fall in the river... you wouldn't want to fall in all willy
nilly!

Jill
Old December 12th 13, 09:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote:

I guarantee it will make you laugh

if anyone ever wondered about the quality of Google translate...

http://distractify.com/fun/fails/the...s-of-all-time/

I loved it.
Tweed

Chicken rude and unreasonable

I had a few of those when I was breeding rare breed fowl. Some of the boys
were very aggressive and certainly met the rude and unreasonable criteria
;-)

I hope you enjoyed the post.

Tweed

Old December 12th 13, 11:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

wrote:

I guarantee it will make you laugh

if anyone ever wondered about the quality of Google translate...

http://distractify.com/fun/fails/the...s-of-all-time/

I loved it.
Tweed

Chicken rude and unreasonable

I think the person who wrote the comments for each picture got it right -
it was probably meant to say "jerk chicken," LOL.

--
Joyce

I want freedom, the right to self expression, everyone's right to
beautiful radiant things. -- Emma Goldman
Old December 13th 13, 02:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

On Thu, 12 Dec 2013 23:57:02 +0000 (UTC), Bastette
wrote:
dgk wrote:
Chicken rude and unreasonable

I think the person who wrote the comments for each picture got it right -
it was probably meant to say "jerk chicken," LOL.

That's an interesting insight - but that means that they translated it from
English to Chinese to English!?
Old December 13th 13, 06:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

news
wrote:
dgk wrote:
Chicken rude and unreasonable

I think the person who wrote the comments for each picture got it right -
it was probably meant to say "jerk chicken," LOL.

That's an interesting insight - but that means that they translated it
from
English to Chinese to English!?

Dunno. I tried google translation once into German for Nüle. Just to say
I'd have an attempt. she fell about laughing. Lovely mother, who I've met
(who doesn't speak English) has also tried translation services from her to
me. Incomprehensible.

Old December 13th 13, 07:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

news

wrote:
dgk wrote:
Chicken rude and unreasonable

I think the person who wrote the comments for each picture got it right -
it was probably meant to say "jerk chicken," LOL.

That's an interesting insight - but that means that they translated it
from
English to Chinese to English!?

Dunno. I tried google translation once into German for Nüle. Just to
say I'd have an attempt. she fell about laughing. Lovely mother, who I've
met (who doesn't speak English) has also tried translation services from
her to me. Incomprehensible.

I have no idea whether it's true or not, but I once read that one of the
earlier translation computer programs was used to translate "The spirit is
willing, but the flesh is weak" into Russian, then back to English. The
result was "The vodka is good, but the meat is rotten."

Joy

Old December 13th 13, 08:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

wrote:
dgk wrote:
Chicken rude and unreasonable

I think the person who wrote the comments for each picture got it right -
it was probably meant to say "jerk chicken," LOL.

That's an interesting insight - but that means that they translated it from
English to Chinese to English!?

Maybe it was different people? One person translated "jerk chicken" incorrectly
to "rude and unreasonable chicken" in Chinese, and then later, whoever made
the sign, translated the Chinese back to English, correctly? I don't know.

--
Joyce

If your kid comes out of the bedroom and says he just shut down the
government, it seems to me he should at least have an outfit for that."
-- John Waters, on the sorry style of today's rebels

Old December 13th 13, 08:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Joy wrote:

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

news

wrote:
dgk wrote:
Chicken rude and unreasonable

I think the person who wrote the comments for each picture got it right -
it was probably meant to say "jerk chicken," LOL.

That's an interesting insight - but that means that they translated it
from
English to Chinese to English!?

Dunno. I tried google translation once into German for N?le. Just to
say I'd have an attempt. she fell about laughing. Lovely mother, who I've
met (who doesn't speak English) has also tried translation services from
her to me. Incomprehensible.

I have no idea whether it's true or not, but I once read that one of the
earlier translation computer programs was used to translate "The spirit is
willing, but the flesh is weak" into Russian, then back to English. The
result was "The vodka is good, but the meat is rotten."

I've heard that story for many years - it's popular in computer science
circles - and I don't have any reason to doubt it. It's certainly no worse
than what Google translate comes up with, and at least it makes some poetic
sense.