My cat is attacking new small dog

Old January 24th 04, 06:07 PM
Kailey11

Default My cat is attacking new small dog

My young 15 pound cat has started stalking and lunging for my new small, timid
yorkie rescue I brought home last Sat. The dog just cowers and the cat knows he
can do whatever he wants to and she won't fight back. Thus far, I have been
able to stop it before he hurts her. I think he thinks she is prey of some sort
- like a squirrel. All the literature I can find on the net is about dogs
attacking cats. Has anyone else experienced this with their cats? Any
suggestions? I keep them separated as best I can. This poor little yorkie has
had a horrible life and deserves better than this. I have tried to give the cat
extra attention but that hasn't worked. The first couple of days they were
fine. It has been getting worse. I don't know what to do to improve things.
Help!! Thanks!
Old January 24th 04, 08:59 PM
Knack

"Kailey11" wrote in message
[...]

You haven't owned the dog very long; certainly not long enough to form the
same bond that you have with your cat. Like you said already, the dog
deserves a better home; so simply give the dog back.

There are other needy dogs that could do just fine in your home. Why go thru
a lot of trouble experimenting with changes in your home that would never be
as good for that particular dog as a better home than yours?

Old January 24th 04, 09:03 PM
Mary

"Kailey11" wrote in message
My young 15 pound cat has started stalking and lunging for my new

small, timid
yorkie rescue

Is your cat neutered?

Old January 25th 04, 01:00 AM
Cat Protector

I have to agree. Give the dog back. I have to wonder why people mix cats and
dogs to begin with in the same household? If the OP wanted another animal
then get another cat so they can keep each other company.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

Old January 25th 04, 03:21 AM
Kailey11

Yes,he is neutered. Since he was 6 weeks old (much to early for my preference).