A cat forum. CatBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » CatBanter forum » Cat Newsgroups » Cat Information
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

persian cat tear stains

Old May 3rd 05, 05:43 PM

First recorded activity by CatBanter: May 2005
Wink persian cat tear stains

hello i am new to this site and i have been trying to find something that i can use to remove the tear staining of my persian cat as i enter him in cat shows and there is a slight staining which i can't seem to budge has anyone got any suggestions on what to use please. thanks
Old May 12th 05, 06:04 PM

First recorded activity by CatBanter: Apr 2005
Send a message via Yahoo to Fritti

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecu
hello i am new to this site and i have been trying to find something that i can use to remove the tear staining of my persian cat as i enter him in cat shows and there is a slight staining which i can't seem to budge has anyone got any suggestions on what to use please. thanks
You might want to ask your vet for a bottle of physiological natrium-solution, that's what mine gives me to clean my cats' eyes. For more serious stains (this may sound incredibly insane, but it worked on my blue Persian!) try using vinegar. Be careful of course you don't get any in his eyes! Best way to go at that is rolling him tightly into a towel with only his head sticking out, and using a handkerchief moistened with vinegar to gently rub the stains. You might wanna try this with some help, the cat might snap, and in any way it's hard to treat a cat's eyes, because they really don't like that.
Purrs,
Fritti and his gang.