Cat got shut in the closet for 5 hours

Old March 14th 08, 01:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
stonej

Default Cat got shut in the closet for 5 hours

Going to work yesterday morning I didn't notice that one of our cats
went into the closet
when I got my coat out and I shut the door behind him trapping it
inside, when I got home
at noon I heard this very sad and scared cat cry but couldn't figure
it out for a moment where it was coming from then I noticed it was
coming from the closet. When I opened the door he
bolted out.

I guess the moral of the story is be aware of your cats movements if
they have a tendency
to want to get into a closet.
Old March 14th 08, 11:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
MoMo via CatKB.com

I had the same thing happen to me a few months ago. I went into my linen
closet one morning, did not shut it right away, but then did shut it before
going to work. When I came home from work that evening I could not find one
of my cats and I was going crazy trying to find him, and lo and behold, he
was sound asleep in the linen closet. Saying I felt TERRIBLE does not even
touch on how I felt. To this day, I don't shut any of my closet doors.

Old March 15th 08, 01:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
stonej

On Mar 14, 7:56*pm, "Matthew" wrote:
"stonej" wrote in message

Going to work yesterday morning I didn't notice that one of our cats
went into the closet
when I got my coat out and I shut the door behind him trapping it
inside, when I got home
at noon I heard this very sad and scared cat cry but couldn't figure
it out for a moment where it was coming from then I noticed it was
coming from the closet. * When I opened the door he
bolted out.

I guess the moral of the story is be aware of your cats movements if
they have a tendency
to want to get into a closet.

Bad catslave * before you leave your house you are supposed to know where
your children are ;-)

Slave is right, cats really are the owners, not the other way
around.
Old March 15th 08, 05:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
mlbriggs

On Fri, 14 Mar 2008 06:50:40 -0700, stonej wrote:

Going to work yesterday morning I didn't notice that one of our cats went
into the closet
when I got my coat out and I shut the door behind him trapping it inside,
when I got home
at noon I heard this very sad and scared cat cry but couldn't figure it
out for a moment where it was coming from then I noticed it was coming
from the closet. When I opened the door he bolted out.

I guess the moral of the story is be aware of your cats movements if they
have a tendency
to want to get into a closet.

This has happened at my house several times. TuTu just curls up and has a
good nap. I try to remember to keep the sliding doors closed all the
way, but sometimes slip up. If I don't see her for a while, I start
checking closets and cabinets. No harm done. If a thunder storms
happens, she wants to go in the closet. MLB
Old March 15th 08, 10:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
---MIKE---

Sometimes Amber sneaks into a closet. When that happens, Tiger just
sits at the door and looks at it until I let her out.

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Meowmie SHUT us OUT!!!!! Mischief Cat anecdotes 17 February 1st 07 06:43 AM
Who Shut the Closet Door? jmcquown Cat anecdotes 14 August 19th 06 07:30 AM
Out of the closet Singh Cat anecdotes 24 August 1st 06 04:50 AM
Helping Meowmie shut up the chickens Christina Websell Cat anecdotes 25 September 13th 05 09:28 PM
Helping Meowmie shut up the chickens Kwwwaaaazzeeeee Kaaaaaattzzz Cat health & behaviour 0 September 12th 05 09:24 PM