We're pLAAAaaaAAYiNg!!

Old May 15th 05, 07:25 PM
~*LiveLoveLaugh*~

Default We're pLAAAaaaAAYiNg!!

I was hearing a rather loud, playful "yooowwwwl" while I was trimming off
dead flowers outside. Since some of the clouds looked rather luminous, I
decided to put the sheers down for good and investigate what the yowwwwllls
were all about. Last I saw, both Maui and Oscar (the Siamese yowlers) were
upstairs in a puddle of sun... and sound asleep.

I come inside and find Maui with Wooly Sock. It's in his mouth and he's
strolling through the kitchen. Okay, there's one kitty who is amusing
himself quite nicely. Time to look for #2 yowler. I take a step into the
den and find Oscar under the rug at the back door. One paw is sticking out
towards Wooly Sock#2.

I do believe that I heard *duel* yowls, which is funny because usually one
will go see what the other is doing when said yowl comes out!!

I swear, the next time I find myself having too much free time (aka: bored
stiff), I'm gonna try rolling on the floor, crawling on my tummy and
creeping up on Wooly Sock or Wooly Sock#2.

There's got to be a good story I could write about afterwards!!!! Heck, I'm
even gonna try a few yowls!!!!

--

·.·´¨ ¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

*~*LiveLoveLaugh*~* Aloha!!!!!

"There is no remedy for love but to love more"...
~~Henry David Thoreau

Old May 15th 05, 10:35 PM
Smokie Darling (Annie)

~*LiveLoveLaugh*~ wrote:
[...]

=B7.=B7=B4=A8 =A8)) -:=A6:-
=B8.=B7=B4 .=B7=B4=A8=A8))
Laurie
((=B8=B8.=B7=B4 ..=B7=B4
-:=A6:- ((=B8=B8 =B7.=B7

*~*LiveLoveLaugh*~* Aloha!!!!!

"There is no remedy for love but to love more"...
~~Henry David Thoreau

I used to have a Siamese (Nicodemus, Nikki, RB). She yowled alot,
mostly just talking though. I discovered that when I yowled back at
her, she got scared and ran off! Don't know what I said (I *tried* to
copy the intonation she used, honest), but it certainly made things
quiet in my house for several hours. Eventually found her hiding in
the closet of the second bedroom, and had to speak very softly, and
very babyish, to get her to come out. Poor thing, I terrified her.

Smokie Darling (Annie)

Old May 16th 05, 04:35 AM
Marina

~*LiveLoveLaugh*~ wrote:

I swear, the next time I find myself having too much free time (aka: bored
stiff), I'm gonna try rolling on the floor, crawling on my tummy and
creeping up on Wooly Sock or Wooly Sock#2.

LOL! Looking forward to pics of this. ;o) Nikki yowls to her 'prey' too,
though she's an ordinary mog. Come to think of it, I haven't heard her
singing to her piggy in a long time.

--
Marina, Frank, Nikki, and Mere
Old May 16th 05, 12:35 PM
Gabey8

LOL!

When it sounds like there's Kitty Mischief afoot somewhere not in my line
of sight (ie, an adjacent room or on a different floor than I'm on), it's
become habit for me to call out, in my best "ominous" voice, "CAPTAIN AND
STANLEY!" This way, no matter which cat is creating the Kitty Mischief
noises, I've got all my bases covered. ;o)

Not that they stop doing what they're doing until I actually GET UP and go
see what's going on, mind you. But at least they're aware that I'm onto
them. ;o)

Donna, Captain,and Stanley

Old May 16th 05, 01:29 PM
Kreisleriana

On Mon, 16 May 2005 06:35:02 +0300, Marina
yodeled:

~*LiveLoveLaugh*~ wrote:

I swear, the next time I find myself having too much free time (aka: bored
stiff), I'm gonna try rolling on the floor, crawling on my tummy and
creeping up on Wooly Sock or Wooly Sock#2.

LOL! Looking forward to pics of this. ;o) Nikki yowls to her 'prey' too,
though she's an ordinary mog. Come to think of it, I haven't heard her
singing to her piggy in a long time.

Stinky currently has a new BOX. This one is set on its side for a
change. He walks into it like a cave, and claws at the bottom, with
his butt sticking out, and yowls. It cracks me up. Bast knows what
the !@# they're thinking.

Theresa
Old May 16th 05, 01:50 PM
John F. Eldredge

On Mon, 16 May 2005 07:35:54 -0400, "Gabey8"
wrote:

LOL!

When it sounds like there's Kitty Mischief afoot somewhere not in my line
of sight (ie, an adjacent room or on a different floor than I'm on), it's
become habit for me to call out, in my best "ominous" voice, "CAPTAIN AND
STANLEY!" This way, no matter which cat is creating the Kitty Mischief
noises, I've got all my bases covered. ;o)

Not that they stop doing what they're doing until I actually GET UP and go
see what's going on, mind you. But at least they're aware that I'm onto
them. ;o)

Donna, Captain,and Stanley

This reminds me of the time that I heard several items fall off of the
kitchen table (Crash! Thump! Tinkle!), followed by the sound of
running cat feet. When I went to investigate, Annabel Lee came
strolling _very_ casually into the kitchen from the opposite
direction. If she had known how to whistle, I am sure she would have
done so. I wasn't fooled, however.

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from

Old May 16th 05, 02:42 PM
~*LiveLoveLaugh*~

wrote:

[...]

Isn't it funny how they sound after said "crash, thump, and tinkle"....
like horses galloping away from danger!!! I swear, when they're upstairs
playing, you'd think I have a houseful of horses, rather than 3 or 4 soft
padded kitties!!

--

·.·´¨ ¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

Old May 16th 05, 02:45 PM
~*LiveLoveLaugh*~

"Marina" wrote in message
~*LiveLoveLaugh*~ wrote:

I swear, the next time I find myself having too much free time (aka:

bored
stiff), I'm gonna try rolling on the floor, crawling on my tummy and
creeping up on Wooly Sock or Wooly Sock#2.

LOL! Looking forward to pics of this. ;o) Nikki yowls to her 'prey' too,
though she's an ordinary mog. Come to think of it, I haven't heard her
singing to her piggy in a long time.

If I get so bold as to playing w/the Wooly Socks, I will definitely post a
pic for you, Marina!! As far as Nikki goes, maybe you need to put piggy in
spots that would entice her to talk some more!!

Have a good day, Marina!!

--

Old May 16th 05, 05:28 PM
Kreisleriana

On Mon, 16 May 2005 13:42:58 GMT, "~*LiveLoveLaugh*~"
yodeled:

.. .
wrote:

[...]

Or one.