Maui finally caved!!

Old June 29th 05, 06:59 PM
~*LiveLoveLaugh*~

Default Maui finally caved!!

After my beloved Sade' died last April (`04), we got Maui that same month.
I wanted a new baby, I needed a new love. Maui is a blue point Siamese.
He's absolutely gorgeous (w/ SKY blue eyes), and looked like a Panda bear
when he was an itty bitty. Well, you can't make anything love you... and
Maui reminded me of this lesson as he grew up. I coddled him, I baby talked
to him, I fed him on the counter so the other cats couldn't eat his kitten
nutrition portion! At first I thought everything was going fine. Mau would
follow me here and there and 'talk' the meezer language of love. Then, all
too suddenly, Maui became infatuated with Joe (hubby). I told Joe that Mau
was amused by him.... "and nothing more". But, oh boy (and a boy he is!),
was I wrong. *My* lap became cold... unless it was visited by my other
three cats. Where Joe went, Maui followed. For a while, it was kinda
funny... and for this reason it still is... Mau likes to mess w/Joe. If
Joe is on the phone doing business calls downstairs, then Maui knocks
something off his desk. If Joe is on the computer in his office downstairs,
then Maui will knock something off the wall, desk, ceiling (yes, ceiling),
book shelves, CD rack, etc. When the day is done, Maui is exhausted. The
"get Daddy's attention game" goes on up here in the den. Joe is on his
computer playin' a game, so Maui goes in the kitchen and knocks something
down. The thing is... *I* don't get up anymore to investigate. It's
usually a pen, or something small (usually!)... but he has Joe hooked. Joe
gets up every 3 minutes, cussing under his breath. Heh... Maui scores
again!!

So, back to my subject line, Maui finally caved!! At night, when we go to
bed, Mau is just absolutely smitten w/Joe when he gets in bed. Mau climbs
on Joe's chest, purrrrrrs and purrsss, meezer whispers and yowls, and he has
to have his paw OVER Joe's hand... to hold on, I suppose. Well, last
night... we finally got a much needed thunderstorm. Joe left for a trade
show on Saturday, so it's just me and the fur gang here. When the
'thundieboomies' started, I was concerned about the new puppy (which btw,
you can see in a.b.p.a). All of a sudden, Mau is in my face and on my
chest. The yowl said "hellllllp me, I'm skeert". I assured Mau that all
was well and gave him looong slow skritches to confirm my words of wisdom.
(I was utterly floored that he was sitting on my chest)!! And finally, the
purrssss started... and ever so gently, he took his paw and put it over my
hand. "Merowwwph", he yowled in a quieter tone....

Heh... "I know, Mau. I love you too".

--

·.·´¨ ¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

*~*LiveLoveLaugh*~* Aloha!!!!!

"There is no remedy for love but to love more"...
~~Henry David Thoreau

Old June 29th 05, 07:24 PM
CatNipped

"~*LiveLoveLaugh*~" wrote in message
[...]

AWWWW! That sounds exactly like Jessie and DH - *man* is she a "daddy's
girl"!

Hugs,

CatNipped

--

·.·´¨ ¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

Old June 29th 05, 08:07 PM
Shirley B.

Rexie does that 'paw on my hand' bit also. (Siamese, 3 yrs this August -
feral but indoor) Don't be fooled. We realized some time ago that Rexie
must always be on top - - it's the dominance thing. You should see him with
hubby sometimes. Jim weighs a good 220 but Rex will sit in front of him when
he's tired of playing and put his paw on Jim's foot. When Jim moves his
foot, Rexie will put BOTH feet on Jim's foot. And he presses down! It's not
affection, it's, "I'm king and you're my servant."
--
Shirley B.
Rexie's Mom

To Reply by email: remove 'nick'

Pictures of His Majesty, Rex are at:
http://community.webshots.com/album/255873683SwWQZJ
AND OUR HOMEPAGE: http://jumi-shirley-butler.com

Old June 29th 05, 09:09 PM
Irulan

such a sweet story. Truth is, Maui has loved you all along. It's just that
DH seemed to be more unobtainable. Don't worry, Maui knows where his
bread...er...kibble is buttered.
Lily & her mama
Jazz, RB

--

Irulan
from the stars we come

Old June 30th 05, 12:25 AM
Mishi

"~*LiveLoveLaugh*~" wrote in message
snip
we finally got a much needed thunderstorm.

Hi Laurie,

I slept right through that storm! A couple of my guys don't like storms, but
all they do is put their ears back and then go upstairs to lay under the
bed.

I checked out your puppy pix - he is adorable!

Patti

Old June 30th 05, 04:58 AM
Marina

~*LiveLoveLaugh*~ wrote:

and ever so gently, he took his paw and put it over my
hand. "Merowwwph", he yowled in a quieter tone....

Heh... "I know, Mau. I love you too".

Awwww! How sweet! melt

--
Marina, Frank and Miranda. In loving memory of Nikki.
marina (dot) kurten (at) iki (dot) fi
Old June 30th 05, 11:52 PM
SuzQ

LOL, guess Joe needs to do more trips.
Suz&Spicey

Old July 1st 05, 05:04 PM
polonca12000

Awww, how adorable!
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

[...]

We're Finally Legal: partly OT Pamela Shirk Cat anecdotes 21 June 19th 05 03:07 PM
Maui the Siamese... ~*LiveLoveLaugh*~ Cat anecdotes 12 May 3rd 05 10:49 PM
[OT] Finally! Yowie Cat anecdotes 6 November 20th 04 11:14 PM
Maui is Home, and a Mowsie is Caught (poor mousie...) Panda ov Toes Cat community 4 November 9th 04 04:05 AM
Purrrrss fur a sad Meowmie. Maui mite hafta find a noo home... Panda ov Toes Cat community 25 October 22nd 04 03:53 PM