Uh-oh!!! Monday morning d*g house!!

Old August 23rd 05, 12:34 AM
Nan

On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 23:10:57 +0100, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

Too true.
Although I think the regulars pretty well know what each other is like and
the type of thing they might say (even allowing for a bad day!)
We are all different characters but mainly are identifiable by the way we
post.
For example: If someone had a very sick cat and Polonca posted something
like "it's time you had it put down anyway" we would all know it wasn't
her. It just isn't in her sweet nature to say such a thing.

I don't know why the trolls keep attacking this group. Unless they are
jealous that they haven't got what we have here in their own group.
This is a unique and very special group which cannot be destroyed by idiots.

Tweed

A troll isn't happy unless they are stirring up trouble.

Purrs and Hugs,

Nan
Old August 23rd 05, 01:15 AM
John Smith

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

This is a unique and very special group which cannot be destroyed by

idiots.

I guess you have never met boB.

JS

Old August 23rd 05, 01:28 AM
Christina Websell

"John Smith" wrote in message

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

This is a unique and very special group which cannot be destroyed by

idiots.

I guess you have never met boB.

JS

I have a very dear and special friend whose real name is John Smith. I would
guess it isn't you.

Tweed

Old August 23rd 05, 02:15 AM
Richard Underwood

John Smith wrote:

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

This is a unique and very special group which cannot be destroyed by

idiots.

I guess you have never met boB.

JS

I have met boB.

I would love to see more of boB.

Where has boB been keeping himself?

Old August 23rd 05, 02:45 AM
Charlie Wilkes

On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 00:20:05 +0100, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

"Eagle Scout" wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 23:10:57 +0100, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

My Dear Ms. Websell:

You won't protect your franchise, such as it is, by burying your head
in the sand. You would never have had to ask your first idiotic
question of the day had you been reading what is posted here instead
of using filters in a vain effort to keep your heart and desktop pure.

BY THE WAY, since you are so fastidious about what meets with your
approval... have you ever bothered to ask a veterinarian about whether
it is advisable to administer anesthetic prior to amputating a
chicken's toe?

I have consulted two of them, and they both expressed the same opinion
with not a trace of uncertainty. Can you guess what it is???

If you want to avoid "trolls" in your precious group, you should mind
your Ps and Qs and not hasten to pass judgement when you are
ill-informed.

Charlie

Hello, Charlie Wilkes

So I meet you again out of the chicken group. My vet remains firmly on the
side of at least local anaesthetic to amputate a rooster's toe, unlike
yourself.

"At least" a local, eh? Perhaps a general anesthetic would be better,
with a tiny little beak-shaped respirator and a miniature EKG machine
to monitor the patient's vital signs.

Either you're lying (the most likely answer) or your vet is a complete
quack.

Leaving aside the fact that I was on a remote island with no vets or
ready access to medical supplies, it would be interesting to know how
to administer this anesthetic and what exact medication is to be used.

The problems that have been presented to me a

1. Anesthetics are risky because of a bird's rapid metabolism. It is
hard to titrate the dose, and the dangers are shock and cardiac
arrest.

2. The stress/discomfort of administering the anesthetic greatly
outweighs that of a quick pruning operation with a clean, sharp
instrument. Which would be consistent with my observation that the
bird didn't really seem to notice when I cut off his toe. It was
already covered with scabrous tissue from the leg mites. The acute
discomfort I ~may~ have caused was momentary and remains hypothetical.
The chronic discomfort he was experiencing was manifest. I had to
act.

I will not argue with you, Charlie. Unlike yourself, I do not bear malice.
You should have got some sort of anaesthetic for your chicken before you cut
off his toe and it's no good to get annoyed with me on *this* group because
you got slammed for it by several people other than me on the chicken group.

Really??? I remember you and someone named Molly. Everyone else in
that group was understanding, and helpful in providing me with a
diagnosis and a treatment plan until I could get the bird to a vet,
which took place shortly after I started this process.

You deserved it.

Well, then, if that is your attitude -- that I deserve rebuke for
helping a bird who wandered into my yard, apparently after being
kicked out of a barnyard by other roosters, then I hope you will
understand why I am inclined to give your little cat clique a
sustained ration of ****. You think I deserve to be abused, and I
think the same way about you and your friends.

So let's not hold back, eh?

Charlie

This is my one and only response on this subject.
Goodbye.

Old August 23rd 05, 02:29 PM
pammyT

wrote:

[...]

So speaks a proper Charlie folks.

Old August 24th 05, 01:22 AM
John Smith

"Richard Underwood" wrote in message
news:aHlwYXRpYQ==.08b66594c6dbe59c3a7f28a68eebd48f @1124759703.nulluser.com...
John Smith wrote:

"Christina Websell" wrote in

message

This is a unique and very special group which cannot be destroyed by

idiots.

I guess you have never met boB.

JS

I have met boB.

I would love to see more of boB.

Where has boB been keeping himself?

Last I heard he had lost his job, and was working as a live in gardener on a
property owed by a wealthy friend somewhere in the tropics.