"Cat Fiesta"

Old November 7th 03, 05:11 PM
~*SooZy*~

wrote in message
I think if you are going to get one good cat tree this is probably not
the best, especially since you have a vaulted ceiling which makes the
tension rod problematic and the tree unstable. I do have several similar
trees that I have placed around the house and one of these would be
great for another area of your house where you have lower ceilings. I'm
sure the cat would have fun climbing it and you don't need to have just
one cat tree ;-)

Check out the tiered cat condos and similar he
http://www.createacatcondo.com

I have the 4 tier condo and it was the best investment I've made and is
so well made I have no doubt it will last for many, many years. Also
check out this page (there's a pic of the 4 tier condo there) and look
at the scratching post. You can get it at Petsmart and it is the perfect
height and surface for most cats. I have several of these and my cats
use them constantly:
http://community.webtv.net/zuzu22/scratch

You want to make sure that the tree is sturdy and has comfortable beds
on it that your cat can sleep well in. Most cats really seem to like the
round beds with the raised edge (which keeps them from falling off, too
:-) )

Megan

yes they sure look happy to me playing away, your posts that fit to the
ceiling look good :-)

we had to get something really study for our cats as 2 x 15 to 20lb Ragdolls
climbing up them..... they sure need to be study! LOL

--
Luv'n'Stuff
*~*SooZy*~*

Old November 7th 03, 05:48 PM

Check out the tiered cat condos and similar he
http://www.createacatcondo.com

Yikes! Pricey!
Old November 7th 03, 05:48 PM

Old November 7th 03, 06:20 PM

Mitch wrote:

Check out the tiered cat condos and
similar he
http://www.createacatcondo.com

Yikes! Pricey!

Not really, considering the cost *includes* shipping. Considering a good
cat tree can last for 10 years or more, I consider a few hundred dollars
to be reasonable and justified. I bet you've spent more than that on
home brewing supplies. ;-)

You can also take a look at Petsmart. They have some pretty good cat
trees. I just bought a decent one for $99. It has a round bed on the
bottom, a tube in the middle, and another round bed on the top and
stands about 5 feet tall. My cats took it over as soon as I got it in
the door while it was still in the middle of the living room. :-)

Megan

nothing."

-Edmund Burke

Learn The TRUTH About Declawing
http://www.stopdeclaw.com

Zuzu's Cats Photo Album:
http://www.PictureTrail.com/zuzu22

way."

- W.H. Murray

Old November 7th 03, 06:55 PM
Sherry

Not really, considering the cost *includes* shipping. Considering a good
cat tree can last for 10 years or more, I consider a few hundred dollars
to be reasonable and justified.

The cat trees we've made will probably outlast the house. But it's the carpet
that takes the wear and tear. I've begun to really prefer using upholstery
material. It also wears out and gets clawed up, but it seems so much easier to
replace than the carpet. And if you're so inclined to have your stuff perfectly
coordinated and matched (I'm not!).....there's alot of fabric available to
choose from. I like the sisal on the post parts, too, it seems more durable.
(Does anyone but me collect the claw sheaths off the cat tree? LOL. Thought
not.)

Sherry

Old November 7th 03, 08:31 PM
~*SooZy*~

"Sherry " wrote in message
snip

(Does anyone but me collect the claw sheaths off the cat tree? LOL.

Thought
not.)

Sherry

LOL I always pick them up or off and have a look :-)
what do you do with them Sherry? :-))

Old November 7th 03, 09:41 PM

On Fri, 7 Nov 2003 11:20:24 -0600 (CST), wrote:

. I bet you've spent more than that on
home brewing supplies. ;-)

But I still need so much more....! :-)