Dead Mouse in the cat food bin (question).

Old October 28th 08, 08:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
~*LiveLoveLaugh*~

Default Dead Mouse in the cat food bin (question).

"luvharley" wrote in message
On Oct 27, 3:36 pm, "~*LiveLoveLaugh*~" wrote:
"luvharley" wrote in message

On Oct 24, 7:27 pm, "~*LiveLoveLaugh*~" wrote:
Kreisleriana wrote:

"~*LiveLoveLaugh*~" wrote in message

I've been on vacation and I have a new pet sitter. He didn't seal
the
cat
food bin in the garage, and when I went to fill the cat bowl today,
there
was a dead mouse in it laying on the top. The bin is FULL. I
scooped
the
mouse (of course) and all the food around it about 2 inches in
diameter
and underneath the mouse. Good enough?? Or do I throw out the whole
bin
of food? (Which is about $40 worth of expensive kibble)!!

I'm just thinking about the scene if you'd poured out that dead
mouse
in
front of your cats. Wow, there's a prize inside! Or as the LOLcats
would
put it, "Derez a fud in mai fud."

LOL, my thought exactly!! I also wondered how the mouse knew where it
belonged (ie, with the other cat food)?

Cats eat mice, so unless it's fairly decomposed (and therefore full of
bacteria), I don't see why it would do anything bad to the food. How
long
were you away?

I was away a little over 2 weeks. We also are having quite cold weather,
so
the mouse was rigid and frigid!! And no maggots. If there were, I would
have definitely pitched the entire bin. After I removed the critter, I
sniffed/smelled and practically nibbled on the kibble to make sure it
was
okay. Everyone is eating from the bowl, so all is well!! Thanks to all!

--

·.·´¨ ¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

*~*LiveLoveLaugh*~*

All that I am or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.
~Abraham Lincoln

--
Joyce ^..^

(To email me, remove the X's from my user name.)- Hide quoted text -

ewwwwwwww!! You guys!! now you see why I don't like cats..they bring
home all sorts of dead animals..too. But even with the talking about
dead mice and rats around here, its still better than than ampf ..Jeez
its stinky in there,,,like some dead rat is fermenting!! and bringing
other rats..and they keep coming...

But, harley, my luv... the mouse found it's way into the bin of food.
AFAIK, a cat didn't put it there!!

AMPF does suck, but without flames, it wouldn't exist at all!

I KNOW the cat didn't put it there...I read your story...

---------------------------------------

Okay now... are you grumpy? B/c I hear grumpy!! ??

--

·.·´¨ ¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

Old October 28th 08, 10:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
luvharley

On Oct 28, 3:04*pm, "~*LiveLoveLaugh*~" wrote:
"luvharley" wrote in message

AFAIK, a cat didn't put it there!!

I KNOW the cat didn't put it there...I read your story...

---------------------------------------

Okay now... *are you grumpy? *B/c I hear grumpy!! *??

No you seemed sarcastic implying that I was thinking that your cat put
the mouse in the food....As far as you know he could have. Now I'm
grumpy? sheesh.
but I'm outta here anyways, just came by to find something out, now I
know..

Old October 28th 08, 10:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
~*LiveLoveLaugh*~

"luvharley" wrote in message

AFAIK, a cat didn't put it there!!

I KNOW the cat didn't put it there...I read your story...

---------------------------------------

Okay now... are you grumpy? B/c I hear grumpy!! ??

No you seemed sarcastic implying that I was thinking that your cat put
the mouse in the food....As far as you know he could have. Now I'm
grumpy? sheesh.
but I'm outta here anyways, just came by to find something out, now I
know..

luvharley,

I was not being sarcastic with you at all. I do so apologize that you took
it that way. Honest to betsy, my friend. xo

--

·.·´¨ ¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))

Old October 29th 08, 12:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
luvharley

"luvharley" wrote in message
AFAIK, a cat didn't put it there!!

I KNOW the cat didn't put it there...I read your story...

---------------------------------------

Okay now... are you grumpy? B/c I hear grumpy!! ??

No you seemed sarcastic implying that I was thinking that your cat put
the mouse in the food....As far as you know he could have. *Now I'm
grumpy? sheesh.
but I'm outta here anyways, just came by to find something out, now I
know..

luvharley,

I was not being sarcastic with you at all. *I do so apologize that you took
it that way. *Honest to betsy, my friend. *xo

--

*~*LiveLoveLaugh*~*

All that I am or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother.
~Abraham Lincoln

just forget it...