Purr request for Hobbes

Old May 22nd 08, 03:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
GaDragonfly

Default Purr request for Hobbes

While I'm here, may I ask that you add Hobbes to your purr list. Last
night I looked at him and he looked snarly with one side of his lip
raised up. When I finally got a good look (holding down a 23 lb cat
isn't easy), I discovered that his left bottom fang is possibly
broken. I can't really tell what is going on with it but it is
protruding out from his mouth, outside his upper row of teeth like it
is loose and coming out. His lower right fang has fallen out or
broken off at the gum line. I took him to the vet this morning and
they examined him and said he was going to have to have a dental with
extraction. The problem is that they couldn't do it today, didn't
feel it was an emergency and we're leaving town tomorrow! I have the
annual conference that I have to work. Right now, our plans are that
he will have his dental when return June 2nd. He had his blood work
today and we'll get the results tomorrow. He is on antibiotics for a
week prior to the procedure and I have been given pain pills in case
he appears in any pain. We have a terrific cat sitter who will be in
twice daily to feed and check on all of our cats and she knows if she
thinks Hobbes needs to go to the vet she has our permission to take
him wherever she feels necessary. He doesn't appear to be in pain, it
just looks terrible. He is eating, drinking, and jumping onto the
couch for pettings. But I would appreciate any purrs you might be
willing to send him.

Speaking of my upcoming trip. Many of you know I have a ritual
associated with this trip. I will be on the beach in Florida and I
write a list of Rainbow Bridge cats and anyone needing purrs right now
and one night when the moon is right I burn the list and send the
names out over the ocean to be caught by the gods of moonlight and
oceans in memory and honor and search for healing. I may not reply to
purr requests right now because I'm trying to get ready for my trip,
but I will read the messages and compile a list of names. My crew
will be sending out purrs as well.

Julie, Hobbes, Lacey, Sam and Barnabus

sighs Barnabus, get out of the suitcase please........
Old May 22nd 08, 04:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat[_2_]

Purrs for Hobbes coming from my entire clowder. Please add Abelard to the
moon list.

Thanks and have a great trip.

Old May 22nd 08, 05:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
GaDragonfly

On May 21, 11:22 pm, ":-\)Liz" wrote:
[...]

I will put Albelard, Farkie and Gar as well as their human's on the
moon list...I like that name Pat. I will probably not answer all the
requests, but will let you know before I finalize the list in case
anyone needs to add to it.
Julie
Old May 22nd 08, 07:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Purrs are on the way.

--
Joy

Constant change is here to stay.

Old May 22nd 08, 11:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

GaDragonfly wrote:
While I'm here, may I ask that you add Hobbes to your purr list.

Purrs on the way.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old May 22nd 08, 01:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

GaDragonfly wrote:
[...]

Purrs on the way for Hobbes' dental. And what a very nice ritual, I like
that idea a lot

Jill

Old May 22nd 08, 01:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Daniel Mahoney

Poor guy! Sending our best feel-better purrs.

Speaking of my upcoming trip. Many of you know I have a ritual
associated with this trip. I will be on the beach in Florida and I
write a list of Rainbow Bridge cats and anyone needing purrs right now
and one night when the moon is right I burn the list and send the
names out over the ocean to be caught by the gods of moonlight and
oceans in memory and honor and search for healing. I may not reply to
purr requests right now because I'm trying to get ready for my trip,
but I will read the messages and compile a list of names. My crew
will be sending out purrs as well.

That sounds like a wonderful ritual.

Dan

Purr request Joy Cat anecdotes 14 November 19th 07 08:52 PM
Purr request Joy Cat anecdotes 41 June 30th 07 02:53 PM
purr request John F. Eldredge Cat anecdotes 12 May 8th 05 03:58 AM
OT Job purr request :o/ Helen Miles Cat anecdotes 14 April 13th 05 05:55 PM
Purr request for Sam Karen Cat anecdotes 60 September 17th 04 11:49 PM