OT Migraine Purrs

Old January 26th 05, 09:28 AM
Jean Hobbs

now I'm ROFL, do you take the 3 cats with water or milkbone
Glad you got a laugh out of the milk bone, more than ever now.
Migraine and Sinus purrs on their way. I used to suffer with acute sinusitus
when I was about 20 it is a pain. Jean.P.
Karen Chuplis wrote in message
I'm absolutely desparate. I am going on day 10 of a sinus/migraine/which

led
to tension and back to migraine cycle. I am taking what seems like four
billion drugs that don't seem to be helping. I just took one I used to

take
a long time ago and while you are supposed to take it at the onset of the
headache, well....there is no onset because it has just been a long
continous one. I just want to feel OK again. I've never had anything go on
this long and I am really miserable now. So any kitty migraine go away

purrs
you could send dwould be mightily appreciated. I can't even read clear
through the group right now. I'm taking three cats and going to bed.

Old January 26th 05, 01:13 PM
Karen Chuplis

in article , mlbriggs at
wrote on 1/26/05 12:37AM:

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 21:36:57 -0600, Karen Chuplis wrote:

I'm absolutely desparate. I am going on day 10 of a sinus/migraine/which led
to tension and back to migraine cycle. I am taking what seems like four
billion drugs that don't seem to be helping. I just took one I used to take
a long time ago and while you are supposed to take it at the onset of the
headache, well....there is no onset because it has just been a long
continous one. I just want to feel OK again. I've never had anything go on
this long and I am really miserable now. So any kitty migraine go away purrs
you could send dwould be mightily appreciated. I can't even read clear
through the group right now. I'm taking three cats and going to bed.

Have you seen a doctor? There are new meds now that control migraines
effectively. My granddaughter takes them and they have helped a lot. I
had migraines from the time I was 10 years old. They left when I was in
my 50s. Purrs that you will find something to give you relief. MLB

Yes, I went on Monday. I think I may be seeing the night. Last night was
rough, but I took what seems an exhorbitant amount of medication (but what
was recommended on the bottles.) and right now I am tentatively headache
free. However guilty I feel, I believe I am calling in because it seems
everyhing gets worse under florescent lights and I just think I could use a
pain free day away from them to make sure. I feel like it's a big green Ogre
hiding behind a thin little tree waiting to pounce. i will be more confident
if it is still gone later today and tomorrow.

Old January 26th 05, 01:14 PM
Karen Chuplis

in article , MaryL at
AKE-OUT-THE-LITTER wrote on 1/26/05 2:04AM:

"Karen Chuplis" wrote in message
I'm absolutely desparate. I am going on day 10 of a sinus/migraine/which
led
to tension and back to migraine cycle. I am taking what seems like four
billion drugs that don't seem to be helping. I just took one I used to
take
a long time ago and while you are supposed to take it at the onset of the
headache, well....there is no onset because it has just been a long
continous one. I just want to feel OK again. I've never had anything go on
this long and I am really miserable now. So any kitty migraine go away
purrs
you could send dwould be mightily appreciated. I can't even read clear
through the group right now. I'm taking three cats and going to bed.

Karen,

I suggest that you go to a doctor in the morning. I used to get migraines
regularly, especially if I did not take medication at the very first signs
(fortunately, that is one thing that often disappears as we get older -- and
mine did). When it would get as bad as you described, I sometimes had to go
to a doctor for an injection because none of the prescriptions I had would
work at that time. I think my doctor used an injection of Torodol (also
available by prescription, but only the injection seemed to work if the
headache had already lasted for many days).

MaryL

Thanks Mary. I went Monday. I haven't ever had to have the shot, although
most people I know with them have. I think maybe just maybe I've got killed.
Cross your fingers!

Old January 26th 05, 01:32 PM
Christine Burel

I am sorry, Karen; it sounds awful. Please know 5 kitties are sending purrs
for your poor head. I don't know if a muscle relaxant would do any good or
if you've tried that -- gentle hugs,
Christine

Old January 26th 05, 02:16 PM
Holly via CatKB.com

Karen,
I understand how you feel, they hurt like hell,
The only thing that helps mine is a shot of demerol
I would suggest that you see your doctor there really have
been alot of new breakthroughs with medications.
Quite purrs from my crew that you feel better fast.

Old January 26th 05, 03:00 PM
Victor Martinez

Lots of anti-migraine purrs going your way. One thing I've discovered
works for me sometimes better than the Rx stuff is plain-old Excedrin.
My doctor gave me some samples of Imitrex to try, but I haven't had a
chance to, thank goodness.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old January 26th 05, 03:01 PM
Victor Martinez

L. (usenetlyn) wrote:
year. The only thing that kills them for me are Vicodin - none of the
migraine meds work.

I have vicodin too, but in my case it just numbs the pain, which I guess
it's good enough. The problem I have with it is that it gives me insomnia!

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old January 26th 05, 03:03 PM
Victor Martinez

Oh yea, I forgot. I take atenolol every day as a preventative for
migraines. You might want to talk to your doctor about it. I'd rather
take a small pill every morning than to deal with a migraine.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old January 26th 05, 03:07 PM
Helen C Simmons

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
Oh yea, I forgot. I take atenolol every day as a preventative for
migraines. You might want to talk to your doctor about it. I'd rather take
a small pill every morning than to deal with a migraine.

Sadly atenolol doesn't work for everyone. Great if you've got high blood
pressure, but if you haven't, take atenolol and you can have problems, as
it's a high blood pressure medication ( I can faint if given atenolol!).
It's the same with the usual abortives & preventatives - there's so many
causes of migraine that what works for one person doesn't for another.

Cheers, helen s

Old January 26th 05, 03:07 PM
Kreisleriana

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 21:36:57 -0600, Karen Chuplis
yodeled:

I'm absolutely desparate. I am going on day 10 of a sinus/migraine/which led
to tension and back to migraine cycle. I am taking what seems like four
billion drugs that don't seem to be helping. I just took one I used to take
a long time ago and while you are supposed to take it at the onset of the
headache, well....there is no onset because it has just been a long
continous one. I just want to feel OK again. I've never had anything go on
this long and I am really miserable now. So any kitty migraine go away purrs
you could send dwould be mightily appreciated. I can't even read clear
through the group right now. I'm taking three cats and going to bed.

Powerful purrs, and tell those kitties to take good care of you.

Theresa

Purrs for Rosie Jo Firey Cat anecdotes 137 October 15th 04 11:36 AM
Truck Purrs jmcquown Cat anecdotes 18 October 5th 04 02:40 PM
Request for purrs (kinda long) Denise VanDyke Cat anecdotes 57 August 18th 04 01:50 PM
Travel purrs Karen Chuplis Cat anecdotes 33 August 13th 04 06:00 PM
Purrs for Lacey Julie Cook Cat anecdotes 25 November 19th 03 05:20 AM