Fish food for cats

Old April 12th 05, 05:11 PM
Mary

"-L." wrote:

Also, be sure to store
unused cat food in the fridge - it wasn't clear if that was what you
were doing or not.

good luck,
-L.

If he does not know to store opened cat food in the refrigerator
he needs a whole lot more than luck. What an asinine comment.

Old April 12th 05, 05:12 PM
Mary

"Eddie2005 via CatKB.com" wrote in message
I feed him half a can in the morning 8am - he usually gobbles down half to
3/4 of it..then nibbles on the rest till 8pm...Then he gets the other
refrigerated half. He gobbles down half to 3/4 of that..then nibbles on

the
rest till 8am. Hi diddlee-dee - the Catty life for me.

I think the fish just doesn't keep as well. I have been feeding him the
meat/fish Wellness brands..but the weather has gotten a lot warmer, so

that
might have something to do with it.

I did find this other thread, sort of related.

http://www.catkb.com/Uwe/Forum.aspx/...ctive-Wellness

Wellness has a very "active" user group - lots of back and forth with the
company. Times sure have changed since I was a kid and we fed our mutt
Gainesburgers!!

He did fine on Gainesburgers, too, didn't he? A lot if the success
of the "designer" foods is marketing. More for the owners than the
pets.

Old April 13th 05, 12:34 AM
-L.

Eddie2005 via CatKB.com wrote:
snip

Wellness has a very "active" user group - lots of back and forth with

the
company. Times sure have changed since I was a kid and we fed our

mutt
Gainesburgers!!

No kidding! I wonder how many people remember those things...

-L.

Old April 13th 05, 01:06 AM
Justin L

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005 12:09:58 -0400, "Mary"
wrote:

snip
I trust you say the thread regarding the improved nutrition
in FF since Nestle/Purina bought the company?

yes, yes I did!

Some of the
chicken and turkey flavors have as a first ingredient actual
chicken or turkey! The sign of a premium cat food. (As
opposed to "meat byproducts" or "chicken byproducts"
being the first ingredient.) Have you tried the beef flavors?

Tried the grilled beef flavor tonight, and it was a definite success!!

My cats love them. Even the salmon has salmon as a
first ingredient.

Used to be (maybe six months ago) that the first ingredient
in all FF flavors was some sort of byproduct.

Do you know if they have raised their prices since then?

nd, it used
to be that the "chopped grill" was the only flavor my
cats would clean their plates for. Now they do for most
of the flavors. You might want to compare the nutrients
in Wellness with FF to see how it fares, since it does have
the "flavor factor" that ensures your cats are eating well.

I am not sure what to compare to be honest. I really don't think Fancy
Feast is *that* cheap. I paid about $0.42 for 3 oz. cans of Fancy
Feat, and $1.05 for a 5.5z. can of Wellness (and the cats *always*
leave a small amount of the Wellness in their dish, wasting it.)

The grilled varieties I have been trying of the Fancy Feast look and
smell pretty decent (like actual turkey or chicken) and like I said,
Jake gobbles them up!!

Do you know if it is only the "grilled" varieties they improved, or
all of their flavors/styles?

Justin
Old April 13th 05, 01:09 AM
Mathew Kagis

"-L." wrote in message
ups.com...

.. Times sure have changed since I was a kid and we fed our
mutt
Gainesburgers!!

No kidding! I wonder how many people remember those things...

-L.

MMMMMM, Gainsburgers!! Wait, you mean those were for DOGS???
Eeeeewwwwwwww!
--

Mathew
Butler to 2 kittens: Chablis & Muscat

Old April 13th 05, 01:19 AM
Mary

wrote:

snip
I trust you say the thread regarding the improved nutrition
in FF since Nestle/Purina bought the company?

yes, yes I did!

Some of the
chicken and turkey flavors have as a first ingredient actual
chicken or turkey! The sign of a premium cat food. (As
opposed to "meat byproducts" or "chicken byproducts"
being the first ingredient.) Have you tried the beef flavors?

Tried the grilled beef flavor tonight, and it was a definite success!!

My cats love them. Even the salmon has salmon as a
first ingredient.

Used to be (maybe six months ago) that the first ingredient
in all FF flavors was some sort of byproduct.

Do you know if they have raised their prices since then?

Not at my local stores! They are 44-49 cents a 3-oz can sometimes
2 for 80 on sale and have been for a few years. I buy them at
Kroger, Lowe's Foods, Harris Teeter, Food Lion and Winn Dixie.

nd, it used
to be that the "chopped grill" was the only flavor my
cats would clean their plates for. Now they do for most
of the flavors. You might want to compare the nutrients
in Wellness with FF to see how it fares, since it does have
the "flavor factor" that ensures your cats are eating well.

I am not sure what to compare to be honest. I really don't think Fancy
Feast is *that* cheap. I paid about $0.42 for 3 oz. cans of Fancy
Feat, and $1.05 for a 5.5z. can of Wellness (and the cats *always*
leave a small amount of the Wellness in their dish, wasting it.)

I guess more than cost I was thinking of the flavor factor, meaning
less waste because the cats will actually eat it. But of course we all
need to get good values, too.

The grilled varieties I have been trying of the Fancy Feast look and
smell pretty decent (like actual turkey or chicken) and like I said,
Jake gobbles them up!!

Do you know if it is only the "grilled" varieties they improved, or
all of their flavors/styles?

I don't know, but honestly, I could not find a single flavor
a few months ago that did NOT have byproducts as a
first ingredient and now there are many. Especially look
at the ones that say "gourmet," they almost all have
real meat or fish as a first ingredient.

There are lots I cannot buy because my cats only eat
all of the flaked or ground varieties--the chunks with
gravy result in just the gravy getting licked off. Little
monsters!

Old April 13th 05, 01:23 AM
mlbriggs

On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 00:09:05 +0000, Mathew Kagis wrote:

"-L." wrote in message
ups.com...

. Times sure have changed since I was a kid and we fed our
mutt
Gainesburgers!!

No kidding! I wonder how many people remember those things...

-L.

MMMMMM, Gainsburgers!! Wait, you mean those were for DOGS???
Eeeeewwwwwwww!
--

Mathew
Butler to 2 kittens: Chablis & Muscat En Vino Veritas

There was a large can of dog food called "Vets" 10 cents a can -- really
stinky, but Rex loved it. MLB

Old April 13th 05, 01:35 AM
Mary

"mlbriggs" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 00:09:05 +0000, Mathew Kagis wrote:

"-L." wrote in message
ups.com...

. Times sure have changed since I was a kid and we fed our
mutt
Gainesburgers!!

No kidding! I wonder how many people remember those things...

-L.

MMMMMM, Gainsburgers!! Wait, you mean those were for DOGS???
Eeeeewwwwwwww!
--

Mathew
Butler to 2 kittens: Chablis & Muscat En Vino Veritas

There was a large can of dog food called "Vets" 10 cents a can -- really
stinky, but Rex loved it. MLB

I have seen web sites that recommend feeding Gaines Burgers to
turtles.Apparently Quaker still makes them.