Indiana Feral Park Cats: Final Update (I hope)

Old May 1st 05, 09:12 AM
-L.

Candace wrote:
-L. wrote:

Gotcha. I grew up in IL but lived and worked in Indy for 9 years

from
89-98. Did a lot of joint research with Purdue. My Mom lived in

IL
still, so I did a lot of driving I-65 over those 9 years.

Where in IL? I was born in Rockford and my father's side of the

family
were all in Chicago.

Candace

Kankakee - about 50 miles south of the city. I grew up on the river.
My Mom lived in the same house from '69 until she died in '01.
My sister has her house now.

-L.

Old May 1st 05, 01:54 PM
Justin L

On 1 May 2005 00:41:16 -0700, "Candace" wrote:

snip

Where in IL? I was born in Rockford and my father's side of the family
were all in Chicago.

No Way!! I live in Rockford now!!

neato!!

Justin
(grew up in Frankfort,IL)

Old May 1st 05, 04:08 PM
Mary

"-L." wrote in message
oups.com...

Candace wrote:
-L. wrote:

Gotcha. I grew up in IL but lived and worked in Indy for 9 years

from
89-98. Did a lot of joint research with Purdue. My Mom lived in

IL
still, so I did a lot of driving I-65 over those 9 years.

Where in IL? I was born in Rockford and my father's side of the

family
were all in Chicago.

Candace

Kankakee - about 50 miles south of the city. I grew up on the river.
My Mom lived in the same house from '69 until she died in '01.
My sister has her house now.

-L.

Now why is this not surprising at all? LOL

Old May 1st 05, 04:25 PM
Rhonda

Me too! Spent the first 25 years of my life there.

I'm glad the kitties were helped.

Rhonda

Candace wrote:

That's great! As a former Hoosier, I'm glad Indiana wasn't backward
this time.

Candace

Old May 1st 05, 07:18 PM
Candace

Justin L wrote:

No Way!! I live in Rockford now!!

neato!!

Justin
(grew up in Frankfort,IL)

Cool! The Forest City or something like that, isn't it? Lotsa trees.
I haven't been there in a long time but my mom goes at least once a
year. We still have a few relatives there and she has a lot of
friends.

Candace

Old May 1st 05, 07:22 PM
Candace

-L. wrote:

Kankakee - about 50 miles south of the city. I grew up on the river.
My Mom lived in the same house from '69 until she died in '01.
My sister has her house now.

-L.

K3, cool, one of my cousins has a cottage or summer house or something
on the river there (K3). I believe it sustained quite a bit of damage
a few years ago due to flooding.

Candace

Old May 1st 05, 08:05 PM
Candace

Diane L. Schirf wrote:
In article .com,
"Candace" wrote:

(grew up in Frankfort,IL)

Cool! The Forest City or something like that, isn't it?

It's known as "Historic Frankfort" and has cool little shops, like a
candy/ice cream store, a very interesting furniture store with
Amish-type pieces, and a quirky restaurant called Cactus Carol's that

my
former beau took me to a couple times. See
http://www.slywy.com/carols.jpg.

Sorry, I meant Rockford, I thought it was called the Forest City. I
think I read that somewhere a few years ago in some trivia stuff.

Candace

Old May 2nd 05, 02:54 AM
-L.

Candace wrote:
K3, cool, one of my cousins has a cottage or summer house or

something
on the river there (K3). I believe it sustained quite a bit of

damage
a few years ago due to flooding.

Candace

yeah, my brother's house is on the river, and it neared his back deck
but never made it to the house. My sister's house is about a block or
so away - so it was safe.

-L.

Old May 2nd 05, 08:03 AM
-L.

Candace wrote:
Well, it's nice you have a whole state figured out but, sorry to
disappoint, I was born in a suburb of Chicago and lived there until I
was 9 when we moved to Indiana, northern Indiana. My speech patterns
were already established by then and, anyway, people from northern
Indiana don't have the same accent as those from southern Indiana.

But thanks for caring.

Candace

Oh, Candace, you probably don't even have the loverly South Chicago
drawl..."Chi-cawh-go!"

-L.