You won't believe this...

Old July 5th 04, 06:04 PM
Steve Touchstone

On Mon, 05 Jul 2004 05:35:04 GMT, kworley wrote:

we think so... that was what drew my attention at the shelter- I'd
never seen socks on a Siamese, but do a Google on "Birman cat" and
you'll turn up a whole breed. I don't think Ming is a Birman, he's a
shorthair, but the breed is truely beautiful. I think he's just a
mixed breed with an odd combination of tuxedo and siamese markings (he
also has a white bib that's kind of hard to see on his cream colored
chest). Since he's a darkish sealpoint, those white socks show up when
he's sneaking down the hall to pounce on the kitten. He's got the
sweetest personality- He's very affectionate, and will practically do
headstands if you scritch the base of his tail. He'll put the top of
his head down between his front paws to get his butt up. There have
been a few times when his butt is so high and his head so low that he
ends up doing a summersault when he loses his balance. That puts him
in the perfect position for a tummy rub.

Rocky is the only one of mine who doesn't like having his back rubbed.
He loves rubbing around his head, and will sometimes accept belly
rubs, but anything from about half way down his back to his tail is a
no-no. Not that he gets agressive, he just whips around and dticks his
little furry head against you hand. He likes his back to be brushed,
though, as well and being rubbed with a washclothe when he's wet -
he's my crazy cat who will sit out in the middle of the yard in a
light rain.
--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page:
Old July 5th 04, 06:55 PM
kworley

On 2004-07-05 10:04:15 -0700, Steve Touchstone said:

[...]

My old cat Scamper liked to sit in the rain, in the shower or in the
sprinklers. When she was young she also liked playing in puddles. I
had one cat long ago who wouldn't tolerate any touching of her tail,
but every other cat I've had liked tail rubs. Scamp (she of the water
cult) liked having her tail tugged. I'd grab the last 2-3 inches and
pull her tail straight up enough that her back feet would "bounce" on
the floor. She'd crouch down and purr....

Katrina

Old July 5th 04, 06:55 PM
kworley

Old July 6th 04, 05:14 PM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

Felix *loves* brushing. Just show him his brush and he's right there,
purr motor on high.

Waffles too. She *adores* being brushed and combed. She loves the flea comb
even more than the brush (even though she has no fleas) - she seems to revel in
it getting deep into her fur.

Francis also likes to be brushed by Psychocat From H*ll, a.k.a. Marble
*loathes* being groomed.

Cheers, helen s

**$om $