[I] Calling the AFPOracle Cat advice

Old July 19th 04, 07:28 PM
Duke of URL

Default [I] Calling the AFPOracle Cat advice

Loriba wrote:

I know that there are an awful lot of people on here who share their
homes with cats and I was wondering if anyone has any advice on what
to do about a problem my Mum has with hers.

She has two burmese cats who will be 5 in September. They are sisters
and have only ever been apart when one has had to go to the vets. A
few months ago, one of them started throwing up after every meal and
the vet said she had a problem with her pancreas, put her on
antibiotics and said to just feed her tuna and other low fat stuff for
a while. She now appears to have recovered completely. The problem
is that while she was sick she was in a lot of pain and this was
causing her to attack her sister all the time. Now she's feeling a
lot better and her aggression has dissipated but the cats are still
fighting. I have seen Mistral (the one who was sick) try to approach
Magrat (guess where her name came from g) to try to make up with
her (I think), but Magrat won't let her come near. It's absolutely
heart-breaking to see because they used to be so close.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get them to become friends
again (or at the very least feel comfortable being in the same room
together)? My Mum has started to talk about giving one of them away
which would just be awful.

Any ideas gratefully received.

Thanks,

I'm x-posting this to a cats group - surely someone there have your answer.
--
The One-and-only Holy Mosesâ„¢

Old July 19th 04, 09:02 PM
Karen

It's always a good idea to try getting a Feliway dispenser or two. Pricey
but they do help. I would also try a slow re-introduction as though she were
a totally new cat. Separate room, litter box, etc. Swap them back and forth
for a while. Rub a towel over each of them to get their smells mingled. Then
try short times of exposure with their favorite treats or toys.

Karen

"Duke of URL" wrote in message
Loriba wrote:

[...]

The One-and-only Holy MosesT