OT recipe help

Old April 21st 08, 07:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

Default OT recipe help

I am thinking about chocolate chip cookies, and would like recipe
suggestions, the simpler the better, thanks, Lee

Old April 21st 08, 09:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey

"Stormmee" wrote in message
I am thinking about chocolate chip cookies, and would like recipe
suggestions, the simpler the better, thanks, Lee

Buy a package of Nestles semi sweet chocolate chips. There will be a
recipe on the package. The only changes we make are to use half butter and
half butter flavor Crisco in place of the shortening. Oh and we drop the
oven temp by 10 degrees, but that could just be our oven.

Get a roll of parchment and put a sheet of that over your cookie sheet.

Bake and enjoy.

Jo

Old April 21st 08, 11:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

Stormmee wrote:
I am thinking about chocolate chip cookies, and would like recipe
suggestions, the simpler the better, thanks, Lee

I am a geek. And I have access to some geek toys. So I took the very
carefully calibrated thermal probe home from work and checked my oven.

At the setting of 200 degrees celcius on the oven, my carefully calibrated
temperature probe read 241 degrees celcius.

At the setting of 150 degrees celcius on the oven, my carefully calibrated
temperature probe read 180 degrees celcius.

It was fairly consistent around the oven, but I used the 'fan forced'
option. I didn't bother to check for hot spots and cold spots without the
fan on because I don't tend to use the oven without fan force unless I'm
using it on its lowest setting.

Moral of the story" ovens can be *way* out temperature wise. I had failure
after failure with bread baking until I corrected the temperature, and now I
can make wonderful, perfectly cooked, home made bread (and I will keep using
that a good excuse every time one of my baking projects fails miserably!)

Yowie

Old April 21st 08, 01:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jane

On Apr 21, 2:04*am, "Stormmee" wrote:
I am thinking about chocolate chip cookies, and would like recipe
suggestions, the simpler the better, thanks, Lee

You want simple? I got SIMPLE!

Take one boxed cake mix. Any flavor, but for chocolate chips, yellow
cake works great.
Mix in 1/2 cup of vegetable oil and 2 eggs. Add 1 1/2 cups of
chocolate chips.
Drop by spoonsful onto ungreased cookie sheets and bake for however
long you
bake cookies (10 minutes?) at about 350 degrees.

You can't get much simpler unless you bought cookie mix.

Note: Chocolate cake mix is awesome with white chips.

Jane
- owned and operated by the Princess Rita
Old April 21st 08, 02:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

kilikini wrote:
Jo Firey wrote:
"Stormmee" wrote in message
I am thinking about chocolate chip cookies, and would like recipe
suggestions, the simpler the better, thanks, Lee

Buy a package of Nestles semi sweet chocolate chips. There will be a
recipe on the package. The only changes we make are to use half
butter and half butter flavor Crisco in place of the shortening. Oh
and we drop the oven temp by 10 degrees, but that could just be our
oven.
Get a roll of parchment and put a sheet of that over your cookie
sheet.
Bake and enjoy.

Jo

I add a smidgen of cinnamon to the batch, too. It's heavenly!

kili

My mom puts a tablespoonful of peanut butter in hers

Jill

Old April 21st 08, 02:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Apr 21, 7:15*am, Jane wrote:
On Apr 21, 2:04*am, "Stormmee" wrote:

I am thinking about chocolate chip cookies, and would like recipe
suggestions, the simpler the better, thanks, Lee

You want simple? *I got SIMPLE!

Take one boxed cake mix. *Any flavor, but for chocolate chips, yellow
cake works great.
Mix in 1/2 cup of vegetable oil and 2 eggs. *Add 1 1/2 cups of
chocolate chips.
Drop by spoonsful onto ungreased cookie sheets and bake for however
long you
bake cookies (10 minutes?) at about 350 degrees.

You can't get much simpler unless you bought cookie mix.

Note: *Chocolate cake mix is awesome with white chips.

Jane
- owned and operated by the Princess Rita

These really are good. The variation I've seen called for a 1/4 cup of
oil and 1/4 cup of butter, and some walnuts. She prepared one batch
with chocolate cake mix and one with yellow. Then she formed a small
ball of each and kind squooshed them together, giving it a marbled
look. (It was that "Semi-Homemade with Sandra" cooking show, the
recipe is on her website, "Harvest Walnut Cookies" or something like
that. Too easy, and good if you like a cookie that's soft and chewy.

Sherry
Old April 21st 08, 04:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Normin

The Toll House cookie recipe on Nestles TollHouse chocolate chips
is wonderful

Sara

Old April 21st 08, 06:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Yowie wrote:

I am a geek. And I have access to some geek toys. So I took the very
carefully calibrated thermal probe home from work and checked my oven.

At the setting of 200 degrees celcius on the oven, my carefully calibrated
temperature probe read 241 degrees celcius.

At the setting of 150 degrees celcius on the oven, my carefully calibrated
temperature probe read 180 degrees celcius.

Wow, so you were burning or at least overcooking food, because you thought
the oven temp was lower?

BTW, 241 C = 465 F - yikes!! I don't think I've ever cooked anything
at that temp.

--
Joyce

To email me, remove the triple-X from my user name. ^..^
Old April 21st 08, 07:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

thanks I have them in the freezer talking to me was just wondering if anyone
had a different one they liked, or suggestions like yours, thanks, Lee

Recipe for the Cats Pat Cat anecdotes 4 December 22nd 06 08:01 PM
Recipe time! Mishi Cat anecdotes 3 December 17th 06 08:26 PM
Need Recipe CatNipped Cat anecdotes 8 August 21st 06 12:41 PM
[OT] Recipe needed Pat Cat anecdotes 22 June 28th 06 07:05 AM
RECIPE TIME: was My dog is gay! OU812? Cat anecdotes 7 September 4th 04 04:47 PM