Raised Cat Feeding Station?

Old December 29th 11, 03:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Raised Cat Feeding Station?

What do you think? Now that I'm in the market for a nice big water dish
for Persia it occurred to me maybe she might benefit from a raised feeding
station.

She's not getting any younger so I was curious about something raised off
the ground so she doesn't have to hunker down to eat and drink. What's your
opinion?

Jill

Old December 29th 11, 03:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message
What do you think? Now that I'm in the market for a nice big water dish
for Persia it occurred to me maybe she might benefit from a raised feeding
station.

She's not getting any younger so I was curious about something raised off
the ground so she doesn't have to hunker down to eat and drink. What's
your opinion?

Jill

all our furballs have it except limo we use a throw a way dish since she
eats where ever she is at

Old December 29th 11, 03:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Julie_Snowshoe[_2_]

On Dec 29, 9:38*am, "jmcquown" wrote:
*What do you think? *Now that I'm in the market for a nice big water dish
for Persia it occurred to me maybe she might benefit from a raised feeding
station.

She's not getting any younger so I was curious about something raised off
the ground so she doesn't have to hunker down to eat and drink. *What's your
opinion?

Jill

Jill,
I gave Hobbes a raised feeding station and I think it helped him a
great deal. Before the raised feeding station he would lie down to
eat and struggle to get up. With the raised feeding station he could
just walk up and lower his head slightly to eat. I'm all for raised
feeding stations.
Julie
Old December 29th 11, 04:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Storrmmee

honestly i thought of that when you said she liked a deep dish, cats like
deep for two reasons, one is to play in it, which you haven't mentioned so
the other is so as not bend over, so i would go for it, even if she doesn't
exactly need it atm she will be used to it by the time she might, Lee

Old December 29th 11, 06:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message
What do you think? Now that I'm in the market for a nice big water dish
for Persia it occurred to me maybe she might benefit from a raised
feeding station.

She's not getting any younger so I was curious about something raised off
the ground so she doesn't have to hunker down to eat and drink. What's
your opinion?

Jill

I found a nice deep ceramic water dish and also a raised feeder with two
stainless bowls. I'll give both of them a try. So far she's not really
missing the fountain action of the Drinkwell. She's content to drink from
the ceramic dish. I did get oversized bowls on the raised feeder so I won't
have to refill the water dish several times a day. We'll see which ones she
prefers! Thanks.

Jill

Old December 29th 11, 09:28 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

jmcquown wrote:
What do you think? Now that I'm in the market for a nice big water dish
for Persia it occurred to me maybe she might benefit from a raised
feeding station.

She's not getting any younger so I was curious about something raised
off the ground so she doesn't have to hunker down to eat and drink.
What's your opinion?

Jill

My cat dishes are in a sort of rack, so they are not entirely resting on
the floor. However, since they sometimes tend to remove food from the
dishes to the floor, and eat it from there, I'm not sure the dishes
prevent "hunkering down".
Old December 29th 11, 10:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley Madigan

I think I might get one of those myself- in the vain hope it'll stop
both of them dragging choice morsels onto the feeding mat or the floor

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old December 30th 11, 05:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Storrmmee

and i am interested, i used stainless in a frame for mine in the kitchen
they all liked them, Lee

Old January 1st 12, 07:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kajikit[_2_]

On Thu, 29 Dec 2011 13:47:17 -0800 (PST), Lesley Madigan
wrote:

I think I might get one of those myself- in the vain hope it'll stop
both of them dragging choice morsels onto the feeding mat or the floor

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

It doesn't keep them from nosing the kibble out of the dish and onto
the floor... where it immediately becomes invisible and inedible by
their standards! The girls have a raised feeder and a dish on the
floor but all three seem to prefer the little stand.