We have friends in the ocean.

Old May 14th 10, 10:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Fred[_2_]

Default We have friends in the ocean.

I am writing on a subject close to my heart and mind. All
cetaceans; whales, porpoises, and dolphins have large brains with
convolutions that are deeper and more numerous than human brains. When I
was in school I was taught that we humans were more intelligent than
animals because of the convolutions in our brains. What then do we say
about the dolphins and other cetaceans. In fact every part of the human
brain that is related to conscious thought has a correlating part in the
cetacean brain and in the cetaceans it is larger and more highly
developed.
Nature doesn't develop features in a species if these features
serve no purpose. A large, highly developed brain would not happen if
the creature had no use for it. These are thinking intelligent beings,
and if we are to go by the brain morphology, they are more intelligent
than we are ourselves.
The problem is that around the world, and particularly in Japan,
dolphins are being slaughtered in horrible ways. If you haven't yet seen
the movie, "The Cove," then you should. It's not easy to watch, but if
we don't see it, then we can't do anything about it, and if we don't do
something, it will continue. This is not an anti-Japanese issue. The
vast majority of the Japanese people knew nothing about this until just
recently, and most still don't know what goes on there. The best thing
we can do for dolphins in Japanese waters is help spread the word in
Japan and when the people see what's going on there, in places like Taiji,
they will put a stop to it.
I can't describe to you in these few lines what the full impact
of this problem is. You should really see the movie and watch the
dolphins in this movie. Try to imagine what they are going through.
Then you'll understand.
I recommend the following sites:
http://thecovemovie.com/ and see the video clip, "My Friend Is."
then explore the site.
http://www.savejapandolphins.org/interactive.php is another good site.
and,
http://www.opsociety.org/
These are all interrelated organizations, with a major goal in
common, to stop the slaughter of these intelligent sensitive beings.
Please be a part of the solution.

Regards,
Fred
Old May 15th 10, 12:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mosey =^..^=[_7_]

Hi Fred
I can understand this cause perfectly, but I honestly can't watch videos
like these because I get too upset by them. I have to change the channel
when the horrid ASPCA ones come on too..I know what is going on and it is a
travesty, but I guess I'm too sensitive to watch them.
Thank you for posting it though.
Love and Peace
Kyla

"Fred"

Old May 15th 10, 03:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
meOwy

On May 14, 5:56*pm, Fred wrote:
[...]

Fred- Hide quoted text -

I am so with you Fred. I just have a broken piece of heart inside me
all the time for these animals that are mercilessly victimized by the
"superior" species. I would be ashamed to be a human, except that so
many of them do care and feel deeply for their fellow creatures that
share this world. I thank that little actress that went over there at
great risk to herself to confront these zombie killers, and I hope she
doesn't give up, because she can reach a lot of people because of her
fame and her fan following.

Thanks for bringing this up. Hope it adds up to some kind of relief
for these beautiful animals that have done a lot for humans, even
though they have been slaughtered by many means.

Meowy's Meowmie