So what's happening Conan?

Old July 3rd 05, 04:38 PM
Rhonda

Oh man, that was good.

The cats think I am crazy, cracking up at a computer.

Rhonda

Charlie Wilkes wrote:

Lyn, I wish I could email you some of this bud I am smoking. It would
make you a better, more enlightened person, just as it has done for
me.

Charlie

Old July 3rd 05, 04:53 PM
Rhonda

Yes, he was going to be gone starting today (but was supposed to be
there yesterday, our tentative flight date.)

Rhonda

CatNipped wrote:

Didn't Dan say something about having to run some fireworks out of town this
weekend?

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old July 3rd 05, 05:32 PM
Philip

Charlie Wilkes wrote:
On Sun, 03 Jul 2005 02:42:55 GMT, Rhonda
wrote:

Hey Charlie,

Okay, thanks for explaining.

Secret power struggles, double agents... I'll vote on making this
into a movie, too. "The Conan Chronicles" or "Crouching Rescuer,
Hidden Cat."

Would be nice to have some fun on this group again.

Rhonda

I understand why you feel that way. You put a lot of time and effort
into trying to make arrangements. It would have been nice if Dan had
leveled with you and saved you the trouble, instead of blowing smoke
up your ass while he worked in earnest with a different group of
people.

It also gives me a slight case of the creeps. This is one of the rare
times when I was willing to deal with a group on Usenet as a real
person. Obviously I would have been been involving myself with some
individuals I would rather not know.

But I still trust you, and now we both know who not to trust, eh?
That's worth something if you ever intend to contact any of these
folks off the list.

Charlie

Charlie ... would you trust me?

Old July 3rd 05, 05:32 PM
Philip

Mary wrote:
"-L." wrote in message
oups.com...

Mary wrote:

Rhonda--there is certainly nothing illegal about what Dan and Monica
have done. I just hope it is something they enjoy having their names
associated with. There is no question that Dan lied to us all.

Un-****ing-belivable! Now you have to vilify Dan and Monica! Cannot
you read?

"We will update the group as things unfold, but we do not wish to
engage in
lengthy threads or e-mails about this. We want to focus on Conan's
well-being and best interests."

Conan is well, cared for and not in any danger. But that's not enough
for you, apparently. Yet you claim it was "all about the cat." Conan
is not in a cage, asshole.

Prove it.

Hhahahha. YOU MARY.... are the one who claims Conan is locked up in some
tight little cage. PROVE IT.

Old July 3rd 05, 05:58 PM
Mary

"Rhonda" wrote in message
Hi Mary,

I just want Dan to answer. I want to hear what happened from him, but he
doesn't seem to be talking. We don't have to know all the details, but I
think we deserve some sort of explanation, and he deserves to defend
himself.

I honestly don't want to call or harass or anything like that. I don't
think that would help -- just an explanation and a good home for Conan
would be enough for me.

I'm finished with it, Rhonda.

Old July 3rd 05, 06:00 PM
Mary

Mary wrote:

Rhonda--there is certainly nothing illegal about what Dan and Monica
have done. I just hope it is something they enjoy having their names
associated with. There is no question that Dan lied to us all.

It doesn't really matter, right? Cats are a dime a dozen. Cheaper
to kill than to keep. Happily, we at least know who these folks
are. First names, last names, and telephone numbers. That's
reassuring, right?

Didn't Dan say something about having to run some fireworks out of town

this
weekend?

I emailed him last Tuesday--twice. We will not hear from him because he
has been caught in a major lie. He trusted Monica not to exposed him, but
she could not resist displaying her coups--hence the "we decided not to
take your money" line in the Tuesday post. So he got screwed too.
Although, for some reason, I just do not feel too bad about that.

Old July 3rd 05, 06:01 PM
Mary

"Rhonda" wrote in message
Oh man, that was good.

The cats think I am crazy, cracking up at a computer.

Rhonda

See, we have our laughs!

Old July 3rd 05, 09:35 PM
Charlie Wilkes

wrote:

[...]

Sure, Philip. You haven't lied yet, have you? Why would I not trust
you? I am a very trusting soul in the absence of a reason not to be.

Charlie
Old July 3rd 05, 10:39 PM
Philip

wrote:

[...]

From my perspective, there is no reason to lie about anything. But it is
painfully apparent that withholding information because the lowest common
denominator cannot handle the truth is wise.

Old July 3rd 05, 10:46 PM
Rhonda

Yep, keep them coming!

Rhonda