HELP! Kittens

Old June 12th 08, 12:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
GaDragonfly

Default HELP! Kittens

DH came home with these two bitties tonight.

http://www.dropshots.com/gadragonfly#albums/Kittens

The pictures are blurry but I was trying to get a shot of the
relationship in size of the little one to the larger one. I'm not
sure how old the little one is. Can anyone get an idea from this
picture? Should I be bottle feeding the little one? The siamese
looking one is about 6" long. As you can see the little one is even
smaller. It looks like his have changed from blue so maybe he's older
than he looks. DH said they found them on the loading dock at work.
I'm giving them kitten milk. He said they both drank some sweetened
condensed milk (which was all they had this afternoon). They are so
adorable. I'll get better pics later. I'm haven't eaten yet and
getting a little hungry. Had to go out and buy a kennel, kitten food,
a bitty litter box, etc. Life has been crazy, crazy here and now it
has gotten even more so.

Julie
Old June 12th 08, 01:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"GaDragonfly" wrote in message
[...]

congrats Julie. I'd try them both on a pan of KMR and see if they can lap.
If not, then I'd go with bottle feeding. They look adorable. I bet they
were miserable in the heat out there. Thank you Rusty for saving them and
thank you for taking them in.

Pam S whose already in lurve with the little Siamese bitty.

Old June 12th 08, 02:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
GaDragonfly

Thanks for your comments, Mishi and Pam. I am giving them KMR right
now. The Siamese has drank from the bowl, the little bittie has not
yet. Rusty said the little one did drink when it was really hungry
this afternoon. I'm concerned about them giving it sweetened condensed
milk, but since that was at least 8 hours ago surely it won't come to
harm. I bought some canned kitten food as well as solid. I'm going to
try giving them the canned now that they've calmed down some. Of
course the four, owners had to check them out and then when I stuck my
hand in to get the tiny bittie, the Siamese hissed at me. I had to
laugh! I'll keep you posted on how we're doing. The next big question
is if we can leave them alone tomorrow or if the little one will need
food during the day. I'm trying to get in touch with our cat sitter to
see if she'll help us out.

Julie
Old June 12th 08, 02:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
GaDragonfly

These babies are breaking my heart. I've uploaded a few new, better,
photos. This one reminds me of a very young, teenage mother on her
own looking pensive and as if she has the weight of the world on her
shoulders:
http://www.dropshots.com/gadragonfly...06-11/08:58:47
This is another one, looking into the camera as if asking if we'll
help:
http://www.dropshots.com/gadragonfly...06-11/08:59:44

Ms. Siamese used the litterbox, so she knows what that is for!

Julie
Old June 12th 08, 02:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Enfilade

I think the stripy one looks old enough for soft food, and if he has
issues with that, we started our bitties on gruel that was part soft
food part water, when they were 4 weeks old (by veterinary advice, the
vets said to give the gruel a shot and the bits were about 3 and a
half weeks old when they first sampled it). By 5 weeks they were on
canned food and starting to munch on dry.

Good luck with your new baby bitties.

--Fil
Old June 12th 08, 04:30 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

GaDragonfly wrote:
[...]

Goodness, how sweet they look. I saw in your other post that the siamese
is very protective of the smaller bitty. What a trooper, to take
responsibility of such a little one, when she is just a bitty herself!
Lots of purrs on the way for you all, but especially to Rusty for taking
them home (and to you for taking care of them). The stripey one looks to
me like he's 4 or 5 weeks, but it's hard to tell. Re leaving them alone,
if Stripey doesn't eat by himself, I think you need someone to come in
and feed him while you're at work.

Old June 12th 08, 07:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Shiral

On Jun 11, 4:51*pm, GaDragonfly wrote:
[...]

Oooooooooo, that wittle stripey baby!

Seriously, they're both adorable. Good luck, although they both look
as if they're old enough to survive with loving fostering. I don't
have any wise advise to give, as I've never fostered kittens, myself.

Melissa
Old June 12th 08, 09:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
LesleyM via CatKB.com

GaDragonfly wrote:
DH came home with these two bitties tonight.

they're both lovely! This needs a KFW!

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old June 16th 08, 05:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karen

On 2008-06-11 18:51:06 -0500, GaDragonfly said:

[...]

OMG. So tiny. Concatulations. I hope they grow up strong and healthy.
Poor babies. That little one is soooooooooooooo teeny.

Old June 16th 08, 06:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Karen wrote:

OMG. So tiny. Concatulations. I hope they grow up strong and healthy.
Poor babies. That little one is soooooooooooooo teeny.

Good to see you, Karen! I was just thinking that I haven't seen a post
from you in ages.

Kittens Inc in Dallas has wonderful cats/kittens for adoption Chris[_3_] Cat rescue 1 September 8th 07 11:27 PM
more kittens! Jack Campin - bogus address Cat anecdotes 0 July 2nd 07 03:53 PM
Old kittens Pat Cat anecdotes 1 January 10th 07 12:47 AM
We now have four kittens Tanada Cat anecdotes 40 March 30th 05 11:43 AM
cat had kittens...more? John N. Cat health & behaviour 4 August 16th 03 11:50 AM