MEOW: This Year's Jellicle Ball

Old September 12th 11, 10:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
R.H. Ruskin

Default MEOW: This Year's Jellicle Ball

Meow this is Misty. Does any Cat know when the Jellicle Ball *Is* as
well as *Where*?? There *may* be some (I think *6*) new Cats from NV
who might want to attend as well as a few from CA and VT. I need to
send some pee mail to them to let them know.

Misty
Old September 12th 11, 10:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Amelia T Cat

On Mon, 12 Sep 2011 14:23:34 -0700, R.H. Ruskin wrote:

Meow this is Misty. Does any Cat know when the Jellicle Ball *Is* as
well as *Where*?? There *may* be some (I think *6*) new Cats from NV who
might want to attend as well as a few from CA and VT. I need to send
some pee mail to them to let them know.

Misty

Well, we're involved in a mini-adventure that will help us determine
that! We're currently eating dinner in Mew York City (check the threads
titled "a side abenshure fur fudz.", "At http://babbonyc", and "Planning
for the Jellicle Ball").

Here's the current situation:
I received an e-mail a few days ago from a mysterious cat. This cat says
she's the High Priestess of a Temple of Bast that has never been visited
by cats from this world. She has heard about the Jellicle Ball, and she
and her clowder would love for us to use their facilities as the venue
for this year's Jellicle Ball.

She sent me directions to a big statue in Mew York City's Central Park
know as Cleopatra's Needle. On Cleopatra's Needle we will find
inscriptions that the humans have so far misinterpreted, that will direct
us to a hidden entrance to their domain. Once we're finished enjoying
this wonderful dinner we're going to set out for Cleopatra's Needle and
see what we can find.

In fact, since this dining room at Mario Catallis restaurant "Babbo" has
enough room, I will set up a projector in just a little bit so I can
project the inscriptions so we can all work on deciphering them.

I think we can count on this temple being in a very mysterious and
exciting place, possibly a part of the Second World that we haven't heard
about before. I've sent a message to Aed and Morgana asking if they've
heard anything about it but it's a mystery to them as well.

Amelia
Old September 13th 11, 01:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
riddik

On Sep 12, 5:23*pm, "R.H. Ruskin" wrote:
Meow this is Misty. Does any Cat know when the Jellicle Ball *Is* as
well as *Where*?? There *may* be some (I think *6*) new Cats from NV
who might want to attend as well as a few from CA and VT. I need to
send some pee mail to them to let them know.

Misty

Like Amelia said, "where" is a mystery dat is being explored.
"When" is October 12.

Azad
Old September 13th 11, 01:33 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Pi2nya AKA Sweetee

Default This Year's Jellicle Ball

I fownd da pozt...
kwote "There is only one full moon in October, and this year it falls on
October 12" unkwote.
HTH,
--
Pitô.ônya

Old September 13th 11, 02:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Storrmmee

I iz veree cited to find owt ifin diz iz gonna be da pwaze fur da ball...
err... anna... besidez, if we don't leaf diz dinner soon Chester iz gonna
'splode!!! Trudi

Old September 13th 11, 04:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Gramby

yez anna so will O T, I finkz him had one of efferfing on da minu (BURP).
Piglett feeling rather stuffed herself.

Old September 13th 11, 05:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Storrmmee

Trudi looks at hersef from sideta side... err i guez i shuldint katz
aspurzinz mineownsef...Trudi

Old September 13th 11, 05:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
R.H. Ruskin

On Sep 12, 2:58*pm, Amelia T Cat wrote:
[...]

Hi Amelia, So good to hear from you. I will be there. I have Oct. 12th
marked on my Cal-en-dar. It will be so nice to re-connect with you
all once again. The High Priestess of the Temple of Bast -- I wonder
if I might know her or if my Great, Great, Great Grandma Bonnie, the
Black Panther (RB), who was the former Mistress of the Night, knew
her. Small sisterhood. As soon as you know the location let me know.
I need to send a coded pee-male to the William's clowder as their
silly human intercepted my message. She knows approximately when the
Ball is but not where. Humans are spying on us again. Must be all
these new technology devices. At least they still have not developed a
teleporter.

I can't wait to see you all again.

Misty, the Black Panther
Old September 13th 11, 04:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Amelia T Cat

[Amelia disappears from the room momentarily, then returns with a
projector. She lowers a screen from the ceiling and turns on the
projector.]

Ok, kitties, here are the images of the inscriptions on Cleopatra's
Needle. These are the same images as shown at http://en.wikipedia.org/
wiki/Cleopatra%27s_Needle#The_Obelisk_Hieroglyphs (http://goo.gl/VKdi9).
As you can see, the humans think these are all inscriptions about the
Pharoah Ramses. Sammy, could you come help me please?

[Sammy and Amelia approach the screen, and Amelia directs a laser pointer
to the screen. Sammy unfolds a map of Central Park on a nearby table.]

Here you can see these inscriptions that say to start by heading west
1200 feet. [Sammy draws a line from Cleopatra's Needle to just west of
the south end of the Great Lawn]. The next line says to go south 1500
feet. [Sammy draws another line south, just past the edge of Turtle Pond,
into The Ramble]. Then here's a line that says to look for a wall of
shrubs that looks like a sea serpent's spine. [Sammy pulls out a
magnifying glass and a detailed aerial photo of The Ramble.]

Sammy: I fink I might have finded it. Right here.

Amelia: Ok, then it says to duck under the middle hump of the Sea Serpent
and go into a hidden glen. There is a big rock there with a opening under
it. If we go into the opening as far as we can go then look up, we should
see a tunnel. The tunnel goes for a few hundred feet, then open up into a
gallery that leads to the Temple of Bast.

We can't really tell for sure what's there until we go there and look.
What do you kitties think, should we go look now, or do we want to eat
some more?

Amelia

Old September 13th 11, 07:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Gramby

Piglett puts a paw over her mouth. Still a quiet (BURP) is audible. For
myown partz, I haz had enuf fuds for now. Wascal, since I cees efferyfing
double wud u walk wiff me on diz quest? I wud hate to follo da rong line,
dat kud be a duzaster.