My Cat Got A Glue Trap Stuck To Him

Old January 27th 04, 05:27 AM
rbinca

Christina said:

is left open they like to go in there and sniff around. IMO, I'd rather see
a mouse stuck in some glue and put it in the trashcan then open up my panty
and see a smushed mouse (or decapitated mouse) any day! I have a really hard
time understanding why some of the posters in here feel sorry for the mouse.

Well, imagine yourself stuck in something you can't get out of to eat,
and you are slowly starving to death. Perhaps then you will understand.

One place where I used to work had a pest control company that used
them. One night I found a mouse stuck in it. It was crying so pitifully
I took a broomstick and broke it's neck with it. Since then I would
never use them, and made the company use quick kill traps instead - at
least while I was there. I felt so bad after that for a little while -
having to kill the mouse myself. Poor thing. I don't understand how they
can possibly be considered humane versus a bar mouse trap.

rrb
Old January 27th 04, 06:08 AM
Sherry

Thanks Sherry....I do understand what you are saying and I do apologize if
anything I said upset anyone in this newsgroup concerning the
mouse....(still bracing lol)....thanks for being so sweet about it though. I
should have been more careful about the post. Anyone else reading this I do
apologize and let's just drop it altogether and you all have a good night.

Christina

Done.
Hope your kitty's fur grows back and other cats don't laugh at him too much..
:-)

Sherry

Old January 27th 04, 06:40 AM
MaryL

"Christina" wrote in message
I'm in Louisiana......what time is showing up on your end?

It's 11:25pm here....

--

You are showing up a day in the future. If you check the dates, you will
find that responses appear to show up a day before you posted the original

MaryL

Old January 27th 04, 06:45 AM
Cat Protector

I am lucky to never have mice. If I did Isis or Jade would take care of the
problem.

Cat Galaxy: All Cats, All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com
"MacCandace" wrote in message
I agree. I feel sorry for the poor mouse as well as the cat. At least

the cat
will survive. All animals feel pain and it's just plain wrong to inflict

it on
them. I agree that we don't necessarily want mice in our homes but this

is the
worst way to get rid of them...this or poison. The humane traps are best.

Of
course, I've never had a mouse either but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't use

the
glue traps or poison.

Candace
(take the litter out before replying by e-mail)

See my cats:
http://photos.yahoo.com/maccandace

"One does not meet oneself until one catches the reflection from an eye

other
than human." (Loren Eisely)

Old January 27th 04, 02:44 PM
dgk

On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 23:41:43 -0500, "Christina"
wrote:

Sorry to have upset you rrb.....I think I'm going to unsubscribe to this
newsgroup. I don't like to upset people and I obviously have done that to a
few.....have a good night and again I apologize for speaking about the mouse
about being inhumane.

Christina

Don't unsubscribe. We all learn something here. Today we've learned
that glue traps are cruel. I work with a Vegan who lent me a humane
trap when I needed one. It works pretty well. The poor mouse was still
terrorized because the cats were batting the trap around when I heard
the commotion and came upon that lovely scene.

Still, the mouse survived and, the last time I saw it, was heading off
to college. I suppose I should explain that that I live next to a
college and let the mouse out in one of the fields.

On another occasion I came home from work and Nico didn't greet me at
the door. That was always a bad sign but this time the problem wasn't
Nico. He was simply too busy playing with his new buddy the mouse.
Batting it around, throwing it up in the air. That sort of thing. It
was in a very bad way and was either dead or unconscious. It got a
burial at sea.

Old January 27th 04, 04:43 PM
Judy F

Not all cats know what to do with mice!!! I had a cat who would wake us
every night at around 2am chasing a little mouse around. When she cornered
it she'd let it go and continue the chase. We were finally able to get the
mouse into a container and let it go outside, but I don't think that cat
would ever have actually harmed the mouse (other than to exhaust and terrify
it!).
Judy F

"Christina" wrote in message
no comment......

--

wrote in message
Glue traps are extremely cruel and I would never consider using one to
catch mice. I think this was a sign from the universe for you to find
other means of dealing with the mice.

Megan