Too cold

Old January 15th 04, 03:02 PM
Stacey

Default Too cold

Hi all. It's too cold here! Right now it's -1F with expected high of 4F
changing to -5 by early evening. Not to mention the flurries and lake effect
snow. SIGH. I was supposed to work today but called the boss and requested
a jail break, which he summarily approved!

Now onto topic.

With the onslaught of cold weather the furry blankets are brought out, much
to the cats' delight. I can't sit in my chair without Patrick and Nancy on
my lap with Moogie at my feet on the end of the recliner. Mr. Bob even came
over and slept on top of my chair, trying to decide if he was cold enough to
snuggle with the other cats.

Moose usually accompanies me outside to have a cigarette (must protect me
from terrorist squirrels and the like) but last night she decided it was too
cold and refused to protect me on my nicotine break. She's become a
subterranean Moose of late, crawling under the blankets to sleep with us!
She thinks she's a cat.

How's the weather where you are?

Stacey

Old January 15th 04, 03:40 PM
Mary Pelis

Stacey wrote:

[...]

The National Weather Service has issued a wind chill warning for later today,
tonight and tomorrow morning around these parts (Western Mass.). We will be
feeling the wind to the tune of 40 below zero F!! I cannot imagine what that
feels like, nor do I *want* to. All I can say is, if the SO doesn't want to
drive me right to the door of my building tomorrow morning (6:00 AM), I'm not
going to work. The four minute walk from where I park to where I work will be
enough to freeze my frickin' lungs!

I want to be my cat - he's got heated beds in two rooms, full food & water, and
a hoomin home to cuddle with him most of the day. It just ain't fair.

M.

Old January 15th 04, 04:34 PM
badwilson

"Stacey" wrote in message
[...]

Do you really want to know? Oh well, you asked for it! Today, as every
other day, it was 30 degrees Celsius and a nice sunny day. I watered my
orchids and puttered around with my outdoor pond. During the hottest part
of the afternoon, I closed all the curtains and cranked up the air
conditioner while I worked out. This evening, we had some BBQ chicken and
wine outside on the patio, it was a little warm out so we moved a fan to the
patio door. It is now 10:30pm and the temperature is 26C. Same thing
expected for tomorrow, etc. Might go to the beach and play frisbee. Yup,
life's rough right now ;-)
--
Britta
Check out pictures of Vino at:

Old January 15th 04, 05:11 PM
John Biltz

On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 6:40:09 -0800, Mary Pelis wrote
(in message ):

Stacey wrote:

[...]

67 F and sunny in Vegas expected today. As a side note -40 is -40 C and
-40 F. Its the one place where they are the same.

Old January 15th 04, 05:20 PM
David Yehudah

It's getting so cold and blustery I may have to put on a long-sleeved
shirt this evening late. It got all the way down to 45 last night and
probably won't get over 75-78 this afternoon. Brrrrr.

Old January 15th 04, 05:30 PM
Lisa Katt

Stacey skrev i meddelandet ...
snip
Moose usually accompanies me outside to have a cigarette (must protect me
from terrorist squirrels and the like) but last night she decided it was

too
cold and refused to protect me on my nicotine break. She's become a
subterranean Moose of late, crawling under the blankets to sleep with us!
She thinks she's a cat.

How's the weather where you are?

Stacey

When will it be too cold for *you* to go out for a nicotine break?
Elisabet

Old January 15th 04, 05:34 PM
Sherry

How's the weather where you are?

Stacey

I almost hate to tell you thiis, but it was 70 degrees yesterday.
I can't remember where you live? But I have a penchant for worrying about stuff
I have no control over, and have been thinking about the awful weather (and
outdoor animals) in the NE.
Hope you enjoy the day off, stay warm and snuggly.

Sherry
Old January 15th 04, 10:07 PM
Ann

We have a wind chill warning here in Connectiuct too. I had a few places I
had to go today so I went out this morning before it got any colder. It was
10 degrees with little wind. I keep telling my cats they don't know how
lucky they are to have a warm house to live in.

Ann

Old January 15th 04, 10:13 PM
m. L. Briggs

On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 14:02:31 GMT, "Stacey"
wrote:

[...]

Cold and foggy for the last two weeks. No zeros yet but about 11 at
night. TuTu asks to go out on the patio but stays about one minute.
"If winter comes, can Spring be far behind?" I am trying to be
positive!