[Q:] LA Area Spay/Neuter and TNR Programs

Old May 9th 05, 10:39 PM
bowensanders

Default [Q:] LA Area Spay/Neuter and TNR Programs

Greetings;

Does anyone have any information about free LA area spay/neuter
services, or (even better) a mobile spay/neuter van or vet that could
be persuaded to come to do a good number of cats on-site (hopefully for
a very reduced cost, or perhaps we could find funding for the
situation) for someone who is unable to actually take them to the vet
themselves (she's an elderly woman, who despite her best efforts is
unable to keep her females indoors all the time, and consequently three
of the four females have given birth to litters totalling 12 kittens in
the last 3 months)

I have heard of such things happening, such as the one in New York City
that comes out to the location to do sizable numbers on call - and
they're grant, federally and philanthropically subsidized, so the cost
is very little, if anything at all.

Does anyone know of such a service?

If there is no such service which makes house calls, the next best
thing would be somewhere we would be able to take them all to get them
fixed (though the mass transit system isn't very keen about taking pets
on busses, carrier or not, we've managed to do it more often than we
were denied) if not via public transit, then perhaps we could fashion a
loaned ride or such.

In any case, there are currently 4 Females and 1 or 2 males that need
to be fixed now, and depending on wether we take the kittens to a
rescue organization or handle all the adoptions ourselves, we will
eventually need to fix the 12 kittens (only four or five males.) as
well.

Any information you can provide us would be fantastic.

Thanks in Advance,
bowensanders

Old May 9th 05, 11:12 PM
Philip

bowensanders wrote:
[...]

What do the kittens and parents look like? Known breeds?

Old May 10th 05, 05:33 AM
Phil P.

"bowensanders" wrote in message
ups.com...
Greetings;

Does anyone have any information about free LA area spay/neuter
services, or

I could only find one free clinic in LA:
Los Angeles Animal Services
Los Angeles, CA
213-485-5765

Free spay/neuter to pets of low income residents 62 or older.

ABC is also low-cost- They might give you a group rate.

Animal Birth Control
11314 W. Pico Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90064
310-444-3114

(even better) a mobile spay/neuter van or vet that could

The closest mobile clinic I could find to LA is the Central Coast Spay
Shuttle (C-CAPS) is in Pismo Beach- about 175 miles away. You might want to
give them a call and ask if they know of any mobile clinics closer to you.

(805) 481-5119 or (866) Pet-spay (toll free)

Let me know how what happens- In the meantime I'll try to locate a free
mobile clinc close to you.

Best of luck,

Phil

Old May 11th 05, 09:17 PM
bowensanders

We really appreciate your help. We're gonna be calling them all later
on today. We'll keep you posted to let you know how it goes!

bowensanders & laurelnoelle
www.bowensanders.com will have the kitty scrapbook soon....