Absolutely OT but it made me laugh, not for dial-up users

Old May 17th 07, 08:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Absolutely OT but it made me laugh, not for dial-up users

http://www.glumbert.com/media/roadblock

Old May 17th 07, 10:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

Christina Websell wrote:
http://www.glumbert.com/media/roadblock

It made me laugh too, I don't have much sympathy for the drivers that got
caught.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old May 18th 07, 12:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

Adrian A wrote:
It made me laugh too, I don't have much sympathy for the drivers that got
caught.

I've never seen those things before. Are they common in Britain?

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old May 18th 07, 12:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
AZ Nomad

On Thu, 17 May 2007 20:33:36 +0100, Christina Websell wrote:

http://www.glumbert.com/media/roadblock

That was great!
Old May 18th 07, 01:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown

Victor Martinez wrote:
Adrian A wrote:
It made me laugh too, I don't have much sympathy for the drivers
that got caught.

I've never seen those things before. Are they common in Britain?

I haven't either but they're very cool! (And yes, I laughed.)

Jill

Old May 18th 07, 01:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ketzl's Dad

On Thu, 17 May 2007 15:33:36 -0400, Christina Websell wrote:

http://www.glumbert.com/media/roadblock

Wow, I've never seen anything like that. I wonder how they retract for buses?
Don't the drivers following the buses realize they're at a dead end?

I wish we had these in New York, and that they could be activated by
pedestrians.

--
Joey DoWop Dee
Remember: It is To Laugh

Old May 18th 07, 01:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep

"Ketzl's Dad" wrote in message
. net...
On Thu, 17 May 2007 15:33:36 -0400, Christina Websell wrote:

http://www.glumbert.com/media/roadblock

Wow, I've never seen anything like that. I wonder how they retract for
buses?

I believe the vehicles that are allowed beyond the barrier have transponders
that signal the posts to retract.

Old May 18th 07, 02:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep

"Christina Websell" wrote in message
http://www.glumbert.com/media/roadblock

A couple of things to watch for in this video:

The silver car that backs away from the barrier posts is the first car that
gets slammed by them! Same driver, same white thing on the dash. After he
backs away, notice the steam/smoke coming from the front end of the car.

The mini-van/suv that is the second to get slammed by the posts - the driver
is holding his head - looks like he wasn't wearing seat belts and his head
hit the roof of the car.... also his airbag deploys!

Third vehicle slammed by the posts (I think this is at a different
intersection - looks different anyway), the passenger (on the left of the
vehicle) smashes into the windshield!!! Hard enough to crack it!

Old May 18th 07, 04:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
PatM

On May 17, 7:05 pm, "Magic Mood Jeep" wrote:
"Christina Websell" wrote in message

http://www.glumbert.com/media/roadblock

A couple of things to watch for in this video:

The silver car that backs away from the barrier posts is the first car that
gets slammed by them! Same driver, same white thing on the dash. After he
backs away, notice the steam/smoke coming from the front end of the car.

The mini-van/suv that is the second to get slammed by the posts - the driver
is holding his head - looks like he wasn't wearing seat belts and his head
hit the roof of the car.... also his airbag deploys!

Third vehicle slammed by the posts (I think this is at a different
intersection - looks different anyway), the passenger (on the left of the
vehicle) smashes into the windshield!!! Hard enough to crack it!

Boy, if those things were around here the tow truck drivers would make
a fortune!

PatM

Old May 18th 07, 10:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jane

On May 17, 11:26 pm, PatM wrote:
[...]

And mechanics.

The 2nd driver even had a baby in the van! Shame on them!

Jane
- owned and operated by Princess Rita