Groaning Cats

Old October 4th 10, 09:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

Default Groaning Cats

I've been noticing lately that Archer groans in his sleep. Not a meow, not
a purr, not anything I've ever heard coming from a cat! His moans sound
human. He's not in any kind of distress or ill, the sound is like what a
person might do when taking a big yawn and stretching. Has anyone else
noticed their cats doing this or is it just another of Archers weird
oddities?

--
Hugs,

CatNipped
See our clowder at: http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/

See the RPCA FAQ site, by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.com/rpcablog/

Old October 4th 10, 10:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

CatNipped wrote:
I've been noticing lately that Archer groans in his sleep. Not a meow, not
a purr, not anything I've ever heard coming from a cat! His moans sound
human. He's not in any kind of distress or ill, the sound is like what a
person might do when taking a big yawn and stretching. Has anyone else
noticed their cats doing this or is it just another of Archers weird
oddities?

Are you sure he's not just snoring? My older cat always has snored to
some extent, and as she grows older it's more pronounced.
Old October 4th 10, 10:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

No, it's definitely a moan or groan, it's not constant, only when he moves
or stretches in his sleep and it's a noise that sounds just like a human's
groan. It's as if he's grumbling about something.

Old October 5th 10, 12:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

"CatNipped" wrote:
No, it's definitely a moan or groan, it's not constant, only when he moves
or stretches in his sleep and it's a noise that sounds just like a human's
groan. It's as if he's grumbling about something.

It's not spectral?
Old October 5th 10, 03:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_4_]

LOL! No, spectral would be Sammy "channeling" Bandit. She can be just as
mean when the mood hits her - and you all remember how mean that is, right?
She didn't get the nickname of "Queen B*tch Cat of the Universe" for
nothing! ;

--
Hugs,

CatNipped
See our clowder at: http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped/

See the RPCA FAQ site, by Mark Edwards, at:
http://www.professional-geek.com/rpcablog/

"Takayuki" wrote in message
news

Old October 5th 10, 12:02 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" wrote:
CatNipped wrote:
I've been noticing lately that Archer groans in his sleep. Not a meow, not
a purr, not anything I've ever heard coming from a cat! His moans sound
human. He's not in any kind of distress or ill, the sound is like what a
person might do when taking a big yawn and stretching. Has anyone else
noticed their cats doing this or is it just another of Archers weird
oddities?

Are you sure he's not just snoring? My older cat always has snored to
some extent, and as she grows older it's more pronounced.

The other day, I felt and heard a regular buzzing/vibrating going off
at my hip, and just automatically reached for my cell phone. But I
wasn't getting a phone call - it was Buster snoring lightly on my lap.