Earthquake OT

Old August 25th 08, 11:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
ollie2

Default Earthquake OT

Last night at 11.30 I was nearly jerked out of bed by an earthquake
measuring 5.9. Horrible. It caused 2000 claims to be lodged so far
and a lot of liquor stores and supermarkets had smashed bottles everywhere.
We get a lot of earthquakes in our area of Hawke's Bay in New Zealand as we
are on the fault line but this was our biggest in a while. There was a
small aftershock later in the night. In 1931 our area was destroyed by a
huge earthquake which caused many deaths so we are always nervous when one
strrikes these days.

Bev

The e-mail of the species is more deadly than the mail.

Old August 26th 08, 01:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

ollie2 wrote:

Last night at 11.30 I was nearly jerked out of bed by an earthquake
measuring 5.9. Horrible. It caused 2000 claims to be lodged so far
and a lot of liquor stores and supermarkets had smashed bottles everywhere.
We get a lot of earthquakes in our area of Hawke's Bay in New Zealand as we
are on the fault line but this was our biggest in a while. There was a
small aftershock later in the night. In 1931 our area was destroyed by a
huge earthquake which caused many deaths so we are always nervous when one
strrikes these days.

5.9 is enough to jolt you out of bed! I'm glad you weren't hurt. Have you
done a head count of the furrbutts? I'm sure they're fine, physically,
but they might be a bit shaken up, so to speak.

I'd send purrs, but they might feel like an aftershock. :-/ How about
some head-rubs and nose-touches?

--
Joyce ^..^

Old August 26th 08, 01:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
ollie2

wrote in message
ollie2 wrote:

[...]

Thanks Joyce, the furbutts are OK, although they hate earthquakes. They
always know a few seconds ahead of a 'quake, they get wide-eyed and nervous.
One woman rang up the radio station I was listening to at the time and said
her cat belted out the cat door!!!

Bev

Old August 26th 08, 03:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sam

ollie2 wrote:
Last night at 11.30 I was nearly jerked out of bed by an earthquake
measuring 5.9. Horrible. It caused 2000 claims to be lodged so far
and a lot of liquor stores and supermarkets had smashed bottles everywhere.
We get a lot of earthquakes in our area of Hawke's Bay in New Zealand as we
are on the fault line but this was our biggest in a while. There was a
small aftershock later in the night. In 1931 our area was destroyed by a
huge earthquake which caused many deaths so we are always nervous when one
strrikes these days.

Bev

Calming purrs (for your nerves and the Earth) on the way.

Sam, supervised by Mistletoe
Old August 26th 08, 07:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

ollie2 wrote:
Last night at 11.30 I was nearly jerked out of bed by an earthquake
measuring 5.9. Horrible. It caused 2000 claims to be lodged so
far and a lot of liquor stores and supermarkets had smashed bottles
everywhere. We get a lot of earthquakes in our area of Hawke's Bay in
New Zealand as we are on the fault line but this was our biggest in a
while. There was a small aftershock later in the night. In 1931
our area was destroyed by a huge earthquake which caused many deaths
so we are always nervous when one strrikes these days.

Glad you're OK. How did the owners cope?

Yowie
--
"because its more fun to be evil" - Jarppi, _The Dudesons_

Old August 26th 08, 11:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_2_]

ollie2 wrote:
Last night at 11.30 I was nearly jerked out of bed by an earthquake
measuring 5.9. Horrible. It caused 2000 claims to be lodged so
far and a lot of liquor stores and supermarkets had smashed bottles
everywhere. We get a lot of earthquakes in our area of Hawke's Bay in
New Zealand as we are on the fault line but this was our biggest in a
while. There was a small aftershock later in the night. In 1931
our area was destroyed by a huge earthquake which caused many deaths
so we are always nervous when one strrikes these days.

Bev

--

Purrs for you all to stay safe.
Cats leave pawprints on your heart

Old September 4th 08, 10:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
polonca12000

ollie2 wrote:
Last night at 11.30 I was nearly jerked out of bed by an earthquake
measuring 5.9. Horrible. It caused 2000 claims to be lodged so far
and a lot of liquor stores and supermarkets had smashed bottles everywhere.
We get a lot of earthquakes in our area of Hawke's Bay in New Zealand as we
are on the fault line but this was our biggest in a while. There was a
small aftershock later in the night. In 1931 our area was destroyed by a
huge earthquake which caused many deaths so we are always nervous when one
strrikes these days.

Bev

Lots of purrs,
Polonca and Soncek

Earthquake in LA! Jeanne Cat anecdotes 63 August 5th 08 04:39 PM
Earthquake this morning! [email protected] Cat anecdotes 45 July 25th 07 08:58 PM
Baby earthquake [email protected] Cat anecdotes 6 August 4th 06 07:51 AM
Earthquake Bev Cat anecdotes 27 September 18th 04 11:32 PM
California Earthquake Jeanne Hedge Cat anecdotes 8 December 23rd 03 10:16 AM