Would you tell a lie to save a cat?

Old March 8th 15, 11:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Would you tell a lie to save a cat?

I've just advised someone on facebook to lie to get into a cat hoarders
home.
When Boyfie had his dreadful injury last year, the first thing the vet
wanted to know was "can you afford this?"
Otherwise he'd have been a gonner..
So I said yes.I kind of lied at the time. I knew it would be megabucks, but
I figured just get him operated on and saved and work the money out later.
The vet is unlikely to reverse his operation later if I cannot pay.
Boyfie was a lucky boy as lots of you contributed to his bill. We both
can't thank you all enough. He's worth every penny.

Old March 9th 15, 12:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley Madigan

Would I tell a lie to save a cat? Nope....if needed I'd tell more than one and worry about it after the cat was saved

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old March 9th 15, 02:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

I've just advised someone on facebook to lie to get into a cat hoarders
home.
When Boyfie had his dreadful injury last year, the first thing the vet
wanted to know was "can you afford this?"
Otherwise he'd have been a gonner..
So I said yes.I kind of lied at the time. I knew it would be megabucks, but
I figured just get him operated on and saved and work the money out later.
The vet is unlikely to reverse his operation later if I cannot pay.
Boyfie was a lucky boy as lots of you contributed to his bill. We both
can't thank you all enough. He's worth every penny.

~~~~~~~
It depends on the circumstances and the nature of the lie. In the type of
situation you described, I certainly would do just as you did. And Boyfie
is a lucky boy to have you (and you to have him).

MaryL

Old March 9th 15, 02:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

On Sun, 8 Mar 2015 22:49:23 -0000, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

I've just advised someone on facebook to lie to get into a cat hoarders
home.
When Boyfie had his dreadful injury last year, the first thing the vet
wanted to know was "can you afford this?"
Otherwise he'd have been a gonner..
So I said yes.I kind of lied at the time. I knew it would be megabucks, but
I figured just get him operated on and saved and work the money out later.
The vet is unlikely to reverse his operation later if I cannot pay.
Boyfie was a lucky boy as lots of you contributed to his bill. We both
can't thank you all enough. He's worth every penny.

In a way I just did. I'm only allowed two cats in the place where I'm
moving, and I have three. So I lied.
Old March 10th 15, 07:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote:

I've just advised someone on facebook to lie to get into a cat hoarders
home.
When Boyfie had his dreadful injury last year, the first thing the vet
wanted to know was "can you afford this?"
Otherwise he'd have been a gonner..
So I said yes.I kind of lied at the time. I knew it would be megabucks,
but
I figured just get him operated on and saved and work the money out later.
The vet is unlikely to reverse his operation later if I cannot pay.
Boyfie was a lucky boy as lots of you contributed to his bill. We both
can't thank you all enough. He's worth every penny.

In a way I just did. I'm only allowed two cats in the place where I'm
moving, and I have three. So I lied.

That's not so bad a lie. Three is only one more than two and I doubt it can
be proved if the landlord comes. If there are three in your house, just say
"this stray cat came in yesterday, starving, so what can you do?"

I have bought my own house so I can have as many cats as I want but I've
always said that's its easy to feed quite a few cats, but not so easy to
afford the vet, if more than one have health problems at the same time.
I would like another cat. Boyfie disagrees about this.

Old March 10th 15, 10:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley Madigan

On Monday, March 9, 2015 at 1:59:16 PM UTC, dgk wrote:

In a way I just did. I'm only allowed two cats in the place where I'm
moving, and I have three. So I lied

We're not even supposed to have cats at all!

In our previous place (30 years ago) when we had one cat Speedy Joe as we had a garden our tenancy agreement said we could have 1 cat. When we moved here the tenancy said "No pets" but the landlord said if we still had the one cat they'd allow him but after he died no more cats

Speedy Joe bless him wasn't with us at the time He was a semi feral who ran off when he was about 4 but we kept up the fiction and they've tolerated our cats since on the basis they still seem to think we've only got Speedy Joe (if we had he'd be 34)

Old March 11th 15, 01:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

wrote:
I've just advised someone on facebook to lie to get into a cat hoarders
home.
When Boyfie had his dreadful injury last year, the first thing the vet
wanted to know was "can you afford this?"
Otherwise he'd have been a gonner..
So I said yes.I kind of lied at the time. I knew it would be megabucks, but
I figured just get him operated on and saved and work the money out later.
The vet is unlikely to reverse his operation later if I cannot pay.
Boyfie was a lucky boy as lots of you contributed to his bill. We both
can't thank you all enough. He's worth every penny.

Only hoomins are negligent enough to leave such hazards lying around, so we
all owe him reparations.
Old March 11th 15, 02:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

On Tue, 10 Mar 2015 14:35:55 -0700 (PDT), Lesley Madigan
wrote:

On Monday, March 9, 2015 at 1:59:16 PM UTC, dgk wrote:

In a way I just did. I'm only allowed two cats in the place where I'm
moving, and I have three. So I lied

We're not even supposed to have cats at all!

In our previous place (30 years ago) when we had one cat Speedy Joe as we had a garden our tenancy agreement said we could have 1 cat. When we moved here the tenancy said "No pets" but the landlord said if we still had the one cat they'd allow him but after he died no more cats

Speedy Joe bless him wasn't with us at the time He was a semi feral who ran off when he was about 4 but we kept up the fiction and they've tolerated our cats since on the basis they still seem to think we've only got Speedy Joe (if we had he'd be 34)

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

I remember reading something like this concerning a will - the cat's
caretaker was allowed to live in a lavish home as long as the cat was
alive. After 30 years or something the bank began to be suspicious,
and sure enough, whenever the cat died the guy got another one that
looked like it.

I'm actually moving into a Home Owner's Association thing where we
have to obey the rules, and one rather odd rule is that you can have
one pet that is up to 20 lbs, or two that total 25. It really is
referring to dogs, but I'm not going to make a fuss about it.

The only real issue is that I was considering bringing an outside cat
named Baby. But I'm leaving instructions with my neighbor that if they
have to move, or anything medical happens to Baby, or if her mother
(Jet) dies, I'm going to come back and get Baby. That will give me
four.
Old March 11th 15, 02:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_6_]

On 2015-03-11 10:43 AM, dgk wrote:

[...]

When I made my big move to an apartment-type condo, one of my
requirements while looking was I would only look at placed that pets
were permitted. I rapidly discovered that buildings that did allow pets
generally allowed only one - so when I found a place I was seriously
interested in, I put as a condition on my offer that the board must
permit me to have two cats. They agreed, and I have it in writing.

Many of the building residents have pets - cats are less obvious, but I
often meet people bringing dogs in or out - the rules say a "fish, bird,
one cat or dog of reasonable size...". Clearly "reasonable" is a matter
of interpretation; there's a dog that looks to me like a husky in one of
the apartments on my floor; a nice animal.

Now, just over a year later, I'm really happy with my move, and glad I
found such a pet-friendly building.

Cheryl
Old March 11th 15, 10:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley Madigan

When my mum was buying a place it had a "no pets" clause. She explained that she was currently looking after my brothers cat (He been sent to New York by his company for 3-4 months and this was before the pet passport scheme so if he took his cat with him then at the end of that time when he came back to the UK he would have had to put Schroedinger in quarantine for 6 months)

They told her the reason for the clause was if there was an irresponsible pet owner like say someone who let their dogs out when they went to work of a morning and left them to run around all day then they could use it. They had no problem with an indoor only cat

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

OT Save PBS and NPR Melissa Houle Cat anecdotes 5 September 14th 05 02:25 AM
OT Save PBS and NPR Cwazee Catt Cat health & behaviour 1 September 14th 05 02:25 AM
Save A Cat Lovie Dovey Cat anecdotes 3 August 3rd 05 05:05 PM
Help Save A Cat Lovie Dovey Cat community 0 August 3rd 05 02:03 AM
Save me Gracecat Cat anecdotes 8 June 26th 05 07:35 AM