Mayhem (RB)

Old June 14th 16, 01:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy[_3_]

Default Mayhem (RB)

On 6/13/2016 5:26 PM, MaryL wrote:
On 6/13/2016 11:17 AM, jmcquown wrote:
On 6/13/2016 10:05 AM, MaryL wrote:
On 6/13/2016 7:04 AM, Lesley Madigan wrote:
Kristi Chong has just sent Princess Mayhem Fluffytail over the Rainbow
Bridge

Lesley

Slave of thee Fabulous Furballs

I'm so sorry to hear this. Please give Kristi my condolences. Kristi
hasn't posted here for a long time. We would like to hear from her
again.

MaryL

I suspect everyone has gone to Facebook.

Jill

...except me! I absolutely refuse to use Facebook or other social media
because they share too much personal information. In addition, I don't
like the little short messages used on Facebook. IMO, there isn't any
"meat" in the messages. Unfortunately, I think you are correct that
most people have gone to Facebook, and that means that usenet is
disappearing.

MaryL

I also like the threads here on usenet. On Facebook messages are often
succeeded by those that aren't replying to the last post, and it's very
hard to hold a real conversation there.
Old June 14th 16, 11:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_6_]

On 2016-06-13 9:34 AM, Lesley Madigan wrote:
Kristi Chong has just sent Princess Mayhem Fluffytail over the Rainbow Bridge

I'm very sorry to hear this.

--
Cheryl
Old June 14th 16, 02:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

On 6/14/2016 6:34 AM, Adrian wrote:
MaryL wrote:
[...]

Facebook messages can be as long as you like, unlike Twitter. No more
information is shared than Usenet if set up properly.

Facebook is notorious for changing the rules and sharing private
information. I don't have any objection with people using Facebook, but
I simply will not be among them.

MaryL

Old June 14th 16, 05:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
The New Other Guy

On Tue, 14 Jun 2016 08:33:27 -0500, MaryL
wrote:

Facebook is notorious for changing the rules and sharing private
information. I don't have any objection with people using Facebook, but
I simply will not be among them.

Facebook can ONLY share what you offer.

Took me quite a while to sign up, but now I'm VERY glad I did,
I reconnected with past friends AND family that I'd lost contact
with.

Old June 14th 16, 06:25 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mishi[_2_]

On Monday, June 13, 2016 at 7:33:49 PM UTC-4, Matt Ferrari wrote:
"Joy" wrote in message
On 6/13/2016 5:04 AM, Lesley Madigan wrote:
Kristi Chong has just sent Princess Mayhem Fluffytail over the Rainbow
Bridge

Lesley

Slave of thee Fabulous Furballs

My sympathy to Kristi. It always hurts to lose one of our loved ones.

Rip Mayhem

Goofy Just went to the bridge today also.

:'( What happened to Goofy? {{{Hugs}}}
Old June 15th 16, 11:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

wrote:

Facebook is notorious for changing the rules and sharing private
information. I don't have any objection with people using Facebook, but
I simply will not be among them.

Facebook can ONLY share what you offer.

Took me quite a while to sign up, but now I'm VERY glad I did,
I reconnected with past friends AND family that I'd lost contact
with.

I know of at least three people from this group who have signed up to
Facebook with completely made up information.

Just make sure that your made-up name *sounds* like a real name. If you
call yourself something like "The Cat Goddess," FB will harass you and
try to get you to provide ID proving that your legal name really is The
Cat Goddess. This kind of thing has happened to a friend of mine and to
several of her friends.

--
Joyce

Something you'll never hear an 8-year-old say:

"Nana, will you spit on your hankie and wipe the gravy off my face?"
Old June 16th 16, 12:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

wrote:

Facebook is notorious for changing the rules and sharing private
information. I don't have any objection with people using Facebook, but
I simply will not be among them.

Facebook can ONLY share what you offer.

Took me quite a while to sign up, but now I'm VERY glad I did,
I reconnected with past friends AND family that I'd lost contact
with.

I know of at least three people from this group who have signed up to
Facebook with completely made up information.

Doesn't that sort of defeat the purpose if you're trying to reconnect
with people?

Personally I don't want to reconnect with anyone. I talk with all the
family and friends I want to. Old friends are just that, old friends.
Being a military brat I didn't exactly spend a lot of time getting to
know people when I was a kid - we were always moving. No deep ties there.

When I *did* sign up for FB a woman from High School (whom I'd been
trying to avoid since my 30's for various reasons) found me. She was
always a bit of a nutcase. That's fine fine when you're in school or
even in your 20's. By the time she found me on FB she was on her third
(or is it her fourth?) husband. She'd turned into a holy roller (i.e.
spouting the gospel). No, thanks.

Jill

Mayhem's new bed moonglow minnow[_2_] Cat anecdotes 5 February 1st 10 01:35 PM
Mayhem's new perch Mischief[_2_] Cat anecdotes 1 February 24th 09 12:10 PM
Rituals with Mayhem Mischief Cat anecdotes 1 December 2nd 07 03:11 PM
Mayhem's tail Mischief Cat anecdotes 2 April 27th 07 04:02 PM
Mayhem never gets enough Mischief Cat anecdotes 9 August 27th 06 05:52 AM