(OT) Doctors Who Rip You Off

Old March 8th 12, 06:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Phoenix[_2_]

Default (OT) Doctors Who Rip You Off

Bastette wrote:

I don't understand why people who are (justifiably) cautious about
giving the government too much power are perfectly content with a
system where private corporations have every bit as much power over
people's lives as the government does, if not more so.

I think I love you. Marry me? :-)

Actually, for real, I've been thinking this but have been unable
to put it into words quite so succintly and elegantly as this.

May I quote you else-net? Would you like attribution?

Thank you.

Deborah
we actually are going to get a cat soon...have a carrier! and the
address of the no-kill shelter...and...squee-ing!
Old March 8th 12, 09:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Judith Latham" wrote in message
In article , Christina Websell
wrote:

"Bastette" wrote in message
Jack Campin wrote:

My girlfriend just had an interesting experience. She had to go to
Germany for a few days, but got an infected burn just before she
left (the burn was tiny, she's susceptible to this). And it hadn't
responded to the first antibiotic they tried. So should she cancel
the trip? She phoned the NHS-24 helpline and they said it should be
okay, just keep it elevated and cool on the flight and check with a
doctor on arrival if necessary.

So, she went to a medical practice in Munich - and during the
consultation she could see they were accessing her medical records
from the UK. She got a different antibiotic prescribed and the
wound dressed (fancy silver-impregnated gauze), went back to the
surgery for two repeat visits before she flew back. It's healing
well now.

This was covered by the European reciprocal health care scheme.
Total cost: 5 euros, for the second week's course of antibiotics.

envy!

Germans are pretty good at most things, I have found.

(N and I have done the war and got it out of the way) If there is one
thing that will stop a Brit and German bonding it is that. We discussed
it and I was surprised what she said. She was embarrassed about it
and didn't want to be German because of it. How sad is that? It's not
her fault, she was not alive then.

It's very sad. No one should be blamed for anyone else's actions.

We have a lady at work, Maron, who is german. She came over as a sixteen
year old on some sort of exchange along with her twin sister. It was meant
to be for one year and after that her sister went home but Maron stayed.
Maron is now in her late thirties and has a partner, who she's been with
for about twenty years. She's a really nice person and we've never
discussed the war and so I don't know how she feels. I think she must feel
welcome to have stayed so long.

--
Judith Latham
Stourbridge, West Midlands. UK.