BAD NEWS at Caboodle Ranch

Old March 8th 12, 11:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Dan M[_2_]

Default BAD NEWS at Caboodle Ranch

On Thu, 08 Mar 2012 22:42:25 +0000, Christina Websell wrote:

Stop making excuses for them, Dan.
There were dead and decomposing cats there, or was it all made up?

That's the point, I don't know! I haven't been there for over a year. And
as I don't trust the organizations that lead the charge against the
ranch, I don't have a firm belief either that there were, or that there
weren't dead and decomposing cats there. I just don't have access to a
source of information that I trust. Therefore I have to rely on my
judgement of the character of the people involved.

Dan
Old March 9th 12, 12:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Dan M" wrote in message
On Thu, 08 Mar 2012 22:42:25 +0000, Christina Websell wrote:

Stop making excuses for them, Dan.
There were dead and decomposing cats there, or was it all made up?

That's the point, I don't know! I haven't been there for over a year. And
as I don't trust the organizations that lead the charge against the
ranch, I don't have a firm belief either that there were, or that there
weren't dead and decomposing cats there. I just don't have access to a
source of information that I trust. Therefore I have to rely on my
judgement of the character of the people involved.

Dan

Well I do think that it is possible to be carried away with the idea of
rescue, and maybe they did.
When I saw their website I thought "what a lovely place"
I am shocked.. It's unlikely the the ASPA would have have moved in to
remove the 700 if it was not necessary, although I am not a fan of our own
RSPCA.

Old March 9th 12, 12:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"Dan M" wrote in message
[...]

The ASPCA doesn't act like PETA in any way not in my experience anyways.
Anything that PETA starts getting involved in I dont believe a word they
say. they are nothing but media hounds they orginally had the best
intentions but their supporters are whack jobs to say the least.

I dont know what happened. I do believe that the ranch people have the best
intentions, but sometimes the best intentions have the worse outcomes. I
hope all can be taken care of and it works out for the little masters

If he is guilty than the law will take over If not there will be a ton of
supporters that will step up and help out. Did you see the list of people
on the ASPCA website that stepped up to help.

Old March 9th 12, 01:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_5_]

"Amelia T wrote in message
Why were they intact kitties?
No excuse.
Boyfie was intact when he came here, now he isn't. His snip stopped him
wandering to be killed by a car.
Now, he likes to wander in his own garden, to see rats, and then retire
to his duvet. He will occasionally catch a young rat, which is useful
but the big boy rats with the huge chisel teeth he decides they are up
to me to get the the terrier men in.
Boyfie is a very sensible boy.

They were intact because that how they were delivered to Caboodle. At the
time I was down there, Craig would wait until he had several intact cats
to be snipped, then would have the vet out to do them all at once.

Stop making excuses for them, Dan.
There were dead and decomposing cats there, or was it all made up?

Could be, if PETA is involved. They're a group that has been known to
not let facts get in the way of their propaganda. All for the greater
good, you know. It's odd how some people and groups think it's quite OK
to say or do anything in support of their cause.

Cheryl
Old March 9th 12, 01:40 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Cheryl" wrote in message
"Amelia T wrote in message
[...]

It might or not be true but if it is we have a whole new idea about the
Catcooble Ranch.
Boyfie says he would not go there.

Old March 9th 12, 03:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Christina Websell wrote:

"Cheryl" wrote in message

"Amelia T wrote in message

[...]

It sounds to me as though Craig, the guy who runs the place, just
couldn't keep up. I remember wondering about that last year when I
read about it on the website. He's obviously a cat lover and wants
what's best for them, but I could not imagine how one man could do
all the work required to take care of 700 cats. He had to feed and
clean out litterboxes for them all, and food stations/sandboxes were
located all over the property. He also had to tend to sick cats by
himself. I guess a vet came in occasionally, when needed, but it
doesn't seem like that was often enough.

The place did look really nice, and it was great that the cats got to
roam around a large outdoor area freely. But apparently that wasn't
enough to provide good care for all of them. Seems to me like this
guy bit off a little more than he could chew.

Now why the authorities are responding in such a lunkheaded way is
beyond me. Why are they taking *all* the cats away, instead of, maybe,
relieving Craig of enough of the burden so he could take proper care
of the ones left at the ranch? It doesn't sound like anyone is
thinking very creatively about how solve this problem - they're just
blundering ahead using the brute-force method of dealing with it.

And what they did with the woman's personal pets is unconscionable,
especially after they promised they would leave those cats with her.
But that figures - with agencies like this, the left hand never knows
what the right hand is doing. What promise? We have a warrant! Ugh.

Tweed: I don't think Dan is making excuses. He's reporting *what he
saw*. Remember, he was there - which makes him a better authority on
this subject than anyone else here!

--
Joyce

The heck with top and bottom -- I want relationships with strangeness
and charm.
Old March 9th 12, 10:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_4_]

"Christina Websell" wrote:
"Amelia T Cat" wrote in message

Stop making excuses for them, Dan.
There were dead and decomposing cats there, or was it all made up?

You weren't there Christina so you don't know! Stories like that are made
up all the time, it is obvious there is a vendetta against Caboodle Ranch.
--
Adrian
Old March 9th 12, 01:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_5_]

On 2012-03-08 10:10 PM, Christina Websell wrote:
wrote in message
"Amelia T wrote in message
[...]

Well, that's just it. I'm trying hard NOT to get a whole new idea about
it based on news reports some of which originate with a group I wouldn't
believe under any circumstances. Or even based merely on news reports
which in turn are based on one or maybe two sources.

It's too easy to do a lot of damage by publishing the most
attention-grabbing and sickening allegations when the retractions (if
any) get a tiny bit of space on an inside page, or a mention in the
credits. I don't want to encourage that kind of media frenzy by changing
my opinion before all the facts are in - and preferably investigated and
analyzed by some unbiased and not involved party, which generally
doesn't include anyone in the mass media.

--
Cheryl
Old March 9th 12, 02:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Dan M[_2_]

On Thu, 08 Mar 2012 19:56:51 -0500, Matthew wrote:

If he is guilty than the law will take over If not there will be a ton
of supporters that will step up and help out. Did you see the list of
people on the ASPCA website that stepped up to help.

No, I didn't. I'll take a look.

Dan
Old March 9th 12, 06:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

On 9 Mar 2012 14:43:59 GMT, Dan M wrote:

On Thu, 08 Mar 2012 19:56:51 -0500, Matthew wrote:

If he is guilty than the law will take over If not there will be a ton
of supporters that will step up and help out. Did you see the list of
people on the ASPCA website that stepped up to help.

No, I didn't. I'll take a look.

Dan

I called the ASPCA and spoke to a nice lady and I explained that many
cat lovers were very unhappy with the way the ASPCA handled this and
used it as a fund-raising tool. I mentioned that people who had been
at Caboodle did not see it in a bad state and that it appeared that
the video was cherry picked to make the place look bad.

She listened to my pleasant rant and mentioned that I was not the
first person to call and that she was forwarding the concerns to the
higher-ups. I guess it helps since I'm a donor as well.

I suggest sending emails and phone calls. It looks like PETA was
opposing a Florida law that would have shelters hand off cats to
rescue organizations and wanted to discredit a big one in order to
stop that law. PETA apparently believes that cats shouldn't live
outside or in no-kill shelters. PETA is apparently a bit insane and
staged this whole thing.

He

http://www.peta.org/about/why-peta/N...-Shelters.aspx

Apparently TNR is pointless because the cats will have awful lives so
they're better off dead. Maybe we should be injecting PETA members.

Go See The Caboodle Ranch Mosey =^..^=[_7_] Cat community 0 January 6th 11 01:26 AM
Caboodle Ranch Sherry Cat anecdotes 5 November 26th 10 06:42 PM
I got to visit Caboodle Ranch Dan M Cat anecdotes 42 August 2nd 10 08:01 AM
Caboodle ranch bizit Granby Cat community 8 August 1st 10 10:54 PM
Caboodle Ranch tanadashoes Cat anecdotes 1 March 11th 09 05:06 PM