Why can't I comment on the RPCA FB group?

Old March 20th 12, 06:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Default Why can't I comment on the RPCA FB group?

Someone on the RPCA group on Facebook posted a link, which I looked at
and then tried to comment about it on the group. I am a member of the
group (otherwise I wouldn't be notified of posts!), and I was logged in
at the time.

When I clicked in the comment box, the little text that says "Write a
comment..." didn't go away. That was odd. But I deleted it and wrote
a comment. But there's no submit button. I tried hitting Enter, but
that didn't do anything either.

Just to see what would happen, I went to my... I forget what you
call it - not my "home page", but like that. Where I would write my
status. (Sorry, I've forgotten the FB lingo. My wall?) Anyway, the
same thing happened there - I cannot post on my own wall/home page.

What's going on? Can someone help?

Thanks!

--
Joyce

"Bacteria, with a few more bells and whistles."
-- Bonnie Bassler, describing human beings
Old March 20th 12, 08:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

On 20/03/2012 5:47 PM, Bastette wrote:
Someone on the RPCA group on Facebook posted a link, which I looked at
and then tried to comment about it on the group. I am a member of the
group (otherwise I wouldn't be notified of posts!), and I was logged in
at the time.

When I clicked in the comment box, the little text that says "Write a
comment..." didn't go away. That was odd. But I deleted it and wrote
a comment. But there's no submit button. I tried hitting Enter, but
that didn't do anything either.

Just to see what would happen, I went to my... I forget what you
call it - not my "home page", but like that. Where I would write my
status. (Sorry, I've forgotten the FB lingo. My wall?) Anyway, the
same thing happened there - I cannot post on my own wall/home page.

Yes, where you'd write your status is your "wall". But if you couldn't
write a comment on that either, than I'd suggest the problem lies with
Facebook in general and not your access to the RPCA group on facebook as
such.

With anything on facebook, I'd reboot my computer, then try to access
Facebook about an hour later to see if it does the same thing. I'll give
them their dues, if something *unintentionally* stuffs up, they're
usually pretty quick at fixing it. Its their intentional "improvements"
that stick around for ages and ages.

Good luck!

Yowie
Old March 21st 12, 03:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep

On 3/20/2012 2:47 AM, Bastette wrote:
Someone on the RPCA group on Facebook posted a link, which I looked at
and then tried to comment about it on the group. I am a member of the
group (otherwise I wouldn't be notified of posts!), and I was logged in
at the time.

When I clicked in the comment box, the little text that says "Write a
comment..." didn't go away. That was odd. But I deleted it and wrote
a comment. But there's no submit button. I tried hitting Enter, but
that didn't do anything either.

Just to see what would happen, I went to my... I forget what you
call it - not my "home page", but like that. Where I would write my
status. (Sorry, I've forgotten the FB lingo. My wall?) Anyway, the
same thing happened there - I cannot post on my own wall/home page.

What's going on? Can someone help?

Thanks!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh I see the hourly facebook fart has struck again.

In other words, it's not you, it's facebook

her wipe out Bunny's world domination.
--
The ONE and ONLY
Old March 21st 12, 06:39 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Magic Mood Jeep wrote:

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh I see the hourly facebook fart has struck again.

In other words, it's not you, it's facebook

Well, actually, it is me. Or, more accurately, it's NoScript, a
script-busting program I installed on my computer. It keeps a lot of
advertising off of wesbites by not allowing them to run. So sites load
faster. But most importantly, viruses and malware hidden in javascript
and other client-side software can't infect your computer. However, I
haven't gotten all the kinks out of it yet. Some sites work fine, but
others are having weird problems that I haven't figured out yet. One of
my favorite online games, SuperCollapse, isn't working (it uses Java).
If not for Bubbels, I'd have the DTs.

I know this is the problem because (1) I didn't have any trouble before
I installed NoScript, and (2) I accessed Facebook from my work computer
today and everything was hunky dory.

Does anyone here have NoScript on a Windows XP machine and use Firefox
as their browser? Maybe you can answer a few questions? Thanks!

Of course that doesn't mean that Facebook is free of problems, but at
least I know this one's on my end.

--
Joyce

Hi, this is the Sylvia stress reduction hotline. At the sound of
the beep, repeat after me: "This week, let someone else strive for
excellence." -- Nicole Hollander
Old March 21st 12, 04:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Arthur Shapiro[_2_]

In article , Bastette wrote:

Does anyone here have NoScript on a Windows XP machine and use Firefox
as their browser? Maybe you can answer a few questions? Thanks!

I use Firefox with NoScript, although the XP machines aren't used much these
days. Several older mchines have XP. Generally I can look at 99+% of sites,
sometimes after relaxing restrictions. Feel free to contact me privately or
here.

I do not/will not use Facebook, however.

Once in a while, you just have to start enabling various blocked items in
NoScript, starting with the most obvious ones if that adjective can be used,
and otherwise bite the bullet and allow everything temporarily. (I hope I'm
not confusing NoScript with AdBlockPlus.)

Art

Art
Old March 22nd 12, 12:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Yowie" wrote in message
[...]

That's one reason I won't deal with Facebook. Then there's stuff like this:
a friend of mine told me last week she got an email from a brother who had
moved from the US to Europe. He posted some photos on FB and emailed her to
take a look. A linked friend of hers (or whatever they're called) was able
to read her reply to him on his Wall. This friend made a suggestive (wooo
hooo!) comment about her brother being a real hottie. Like "Why didn't you
tell me?!" It creeped my friend out. Who wants some online friend lusting
after their brother?! She certainly didn't want to reply to that comment
publicly.

I don't know how/if she could limit what her FB friends could see if she
replied to him on his FB page/wall, whatever. I don't trust Facebook. But
then again, I'm rather old fashioned

Jill