Places Persia Won't Nap Anymore

Old May 13th 14, 05:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Places Persia Won't Nap Anymore

Cats sure are funny creatures. When I lived in Tennessee, Persia would
often nap on my bed. Since I brought her to South Carolina in 2008, she
won't nap on my bed. Yet she sleeps with me, at least part of the night.

After my mom passed away she'd nap on the bed in the other bedroom. Now
she won't do that anymore. What changed her kitty mind about that
snoozing spot? I've no idea.

She mostly naps on her (not-so-crackly anymore) "crackle sack" in the
living room. Or in her cushy little pyramid shaped bed. Or on the
floor in a puddle of sunshine when she can find one.

There *was* one night a few months ago when she seemed particularly
eager for me to go to bed. She got up on my bed and waited for me to
finish my nightly ablutions. That was a first. Apparently also a last
since it hasn't happened again.

Jill
Old May 16th 14, 01:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

On Tue, 13 May 2014 12:15:52 -0400, jmcquown
wrote:

Cats sure are funny creatures. When I lived in Tennessee, Persia would
often nap on my bed. Since I brought her to South Carolina in 2008, she
won't nap on my bed. Yet she sleeps with me, at least part of the night.

After my mom passed away she'd nap on the bed in the other bedroom. Now
she won't do that anymore. What changed her kitty mind about that
snoozing spot? I've no idea.

She mostly naps on her (not-so-crackly anymore) "crackle sack" in the
living room. Or in her cushy little pyramid shaped bed. Or on the
floor in a puddle of sunshine when she can find one.

There *was* one night a few months ago when she seemed particularly
eager for me to go to bed. She got up on my bed and waited for me to
finish my nightly ablutions. That was a first. Apparently also a last
since it hasn't happened again.

Jill

That's an interesting comment in general about how cats decide what to
do or not do. Each of my cats has favorite places but don't always use
them or may just drop somewhere else. Sometimes they all come running
to eat, sometimes one will decide to show up later. They're all just
weird.
Old May 16th 14, 07:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

wrote:

[...]

I think they like to keep us guessing. They establish a routine, get us
used to it, then change it.

Joy

--
Joy Unlimited