IBKFergus update

Old January 11th 05, 01:42 AM
Yowie

Default IBKFergus update

Ah, life with a kitten. I had forgotten.

Integration.

My dear sweet Shmogg. Cat of famous grump and B*st*rd C*t tricks. Hallway
Troll. Attacks ankles at every opportunity. At least 6 full kilos of
Cattitude. Terrified of a wee small kitten. Now runs and hides at mere sight
of Hell on Four Paws, aka IBKFergus.

Fluffy, a loyal, if not so bright, companion. Wagger of tail in the face of
adversity, killer of socks, moocher of food. Now merely another kitten
plaything. Happy (as always) to be so.

Cary, my precious son. Drooler supreme, bounc-o-matic fiend, rug-rat of
doom. Grabs and gums indiscrimately. Victim of kitten's obsession with
ankles. Laugher at kitten antics. Kitten's soul brother.

Joel, loving husband, couch grouch. Namer of kitten, curser of kitten.
Kitten's nemesis and wielder of the Squirty Thing of Death. Kitten's
favourite shoulder ride.

Vicky, hapless cat slave. Feeder and provider of all things kitten. Cleaner
of all things kitten. Fixer of all things Kittened. Main victim of Kitten
antics. Have kitten claw and teeth marks all over body. Left ear
particularly favoured by kitten for licking and purring loudly into.

IBKFergus, small black kitten. Utterly Fearless. Consequently, quite stupid
due to total lack of fear of *anything*. Will fall great heights in single
bound if we haven't grabbed him already. Will attack 6kg worth of grumpy
adult male cat without any idea of the consequences if grumpy adult male cat
decided to attack back (Shmogg, the balless wonder). Has crawled into great
gaping maw of doggy mouth, that could well have kittens twice his size for
breakfast. Continues to flirt with death around Cary's great grab-and-gob
policy. Likes lurking on black objects so great bumbling hoomins
inadvertantly steps or trips over him because we didn't see him in time.
Climbs up hoomins whether clothed or not to get shoulder rides. Manages to
get into Cary's cot (we still don't know how) to attack his ankles whilst
asleep. Thinks doggy tail is for chasing. In fact, thinks *everything* is
for chasing. Occasionally catches own tail and meows in pain. Still chases
own tail. Has been locked in fridge. Has gotten stuck behind toilet. Has got
lost in lounge. Has got stuck behind bookcase. Has got stuck on top of
bookcase. Dissappears for hours then appears with cobwebs all over him.
Now has proper round kitten belly. May well continue to have round belly if
keeps eating like a little piggy. Only has two modes: full ahead and full
stop. Knows damn well how to do "cute and adorable" to get out of trouble.

Shmogg took up spraying for a while, and we had the inevitable hisspits, but
it seems IBKFergus's complete lack of fear has meant that Shmogg has had to
back down, and is no longer Ruler of the House. I think perhaps that he has
found his successor, and is passing on his mantle of B*st*rd C*t to a
younger, more agile individual, so he can retire and spend his days as a
happy purring lap fungus rather than having to spend his days plotting and
scheming. I do expect one or two more B*st*rd C*t tricks, just so the
youngster can get the knack of torturing the hoomins, but I think IBKFergus
is otherwise settling into his role as B*st*rd C*t, and Shmogg will happily
retire to a consulting role.

Yowie

Old January 11th 05, 01:51 AM
Monique Y. Mudama

Very entertaining! Thanks for sharing.

On 2005-01-11, Yowie penned:
Ah, life with a kitten. I had forgotten.

--
monique, roommate of Oscar the (female) grouch
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old January 11th 05, 02:06 AM
Tish Silberbauer

Ahh, yes I remember! Great post Yowie! Sounds like things are
settling down very nicely at Casa del Wollongong.
Schmogg is having the same kind of reaction that Ted did when first
Columbine and then Spock'n'Persephone came along - initial horror and
then a kind of resignation. It's only taken 2 years, but they all now
coexist quite peacefully.

I hope you're recovered from what was ailing you the other day.

Tish

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 12:42:30 +1100, "Yowie"
wrote:

Ah, life with a kitten. I had forgotten.

Integration.

[regretfully snipped]

Old January 11th 05, 02:18 AM
Jo Firey

Only another cat lover would find the following kitten behavior commentary
absolutely charming and envy you the experience. Welcome to our world
Fergus.

Jo

Old January 11th 05, 02:52 AM
jmcquown

Yowie wrote:
Ah, life with a kitten. I had forgotten.

Integration.

My dear sweet Shmogg. Cat of famous grump and B*st*rd C*t tricks.
Hallway Troll. Attacks ankles at every opportunity. At least 6 full
kilos of Cattitude. Terrified of a wee small kitten. Now runs and
hides at mere sight of Hell on Four Paws, aka IBKFergus.

LOL! I have never been around a kitten but I can assure you Persia is
handful enough!

I love tales about IBKFergus And Shmogg and Fluffy, and Cary and DH too,
of course!

Jill

Old January 11th 05, 03:08 AM
Yowie

I'm sure Shmogg is a fan of Douglas Adams.

First is was Fluffy, then Cary, and now IBKFergus.

They are all, as much as catly possible, SEP.

Someone Else's Problem.

Since they are SEP, he doesn't have to acknowledge their existance. When
they are *directly* bothering him, he might hisss or swat, but otherwise he
can safely go about his business knowing if they do exist at all, they are
someone else's problem - usually mine - and can get on with his catly duties
without worrying about what may or may not exist in someone else's reality.

Yowie

Old January 11th 05, 03:35 AM
Victor Martinez

What a great read! Thanks Yowie! Now I want a kitten...

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old January 11th 05, 04:13 AM
Marina

Yowie wrote:
Ah, life with a kitten. I had forgotten.

LOL! Great update, Yowie.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki
Old January 11th 05, 04:36 AM
Christine Burel

Wow -- that little stinker has all wrapped around his paw -- sounds like a
very happy acquisition.
Christine