IBKFergus grows...

Old July 12th 05, 06:18 AM
Yowie

Default IBKFergus grows...

IBKFergus may be growing larger, but she certainly isn't growing *up*.
Nothing is safe from her. He favourite hobby seems to be knocking breakable
things off surfaces I thought were cat-proofed (ha!), playing "herd of
stampeding elephants through the Serengeti" in the dead of night, and biting
my toes when I'm sound asleep.

She tries to torment Shmogg alot too. Shmogg boxes her ears on an
exceptionally regular basis but she's either remarkably stupid or remarkably
persistant, because even though she is soundly defeated in mere seconds (she
being just playful and about 2kg and Shmogg being mean, dirty and about 6kg)
every single time, she is back for more punishment in no time flat.

She doesn't stay still long enough to be petted, so I still don't know her
favourite scritching spots. The only time she'll deign to be touched is when
she's leapt from the floor straight into my cleavage (I'm sure Joel wishes
he had this ability) and then she'll touch noses with me and purr like a
maniac before dashing off on super urgent hoolikitten business again.

I'm starting to suspect she's actually a squirrel. She doesn't meow, she
just chirrups and chitters. And she chirrups and chirps alot. Whatever it
is, she has to climb to the top of it and perch there. Including me. Even if
I'm straight out the shower and don't have any clothes on. Having an insane
kitty climbing your wet white and wobbling form is an experience to be
reckoned with. My massage therapist was quite worried about the state of my
back, and started making humourous comments regarding BDSM & whips. I had to
explain that it was merely an insane hoolikitten imitating a squirrel and
mistaking me for her tree. I'm glad my massage therapist has cats too, but
I'm sure the guy inthe next cubicle thought the conversation *very*
interesting! I daren't go to a hairdresser, though, because the small
pinpricks in my scalp wold just be too hard to explain. I don't thinkanyone
would understand that a sane person would willingly wear a cat hat, a *live*
cat hat that attached itself to said head with 16 incredibly sharp "hat
pins".

WE still have t lock IBKFergus out of Cary's room at tnight, otherwise
those two would spend all night torturing each other. For a while I tried to
keep them seperate, because IBKFergus sctaches Cary, and Cary pulls
IBKFergus' tail, ears, fur or whatever else he can grab. i used to think it
couldn't possibly be any fun for *either* of them when they played together,
but they are obviously bonded far more tightly to each other than anyone
would care to think. Cary has learnt (the hard way) that he can't fly off
the lounge, that he shouldn't put his fingers in closing drawers and that
Shmogg shold be well avoided (and Shmogg has learnt the same about Cary) but
IBKFergus and Cary can spend hours a day either tormenting or amusing and
entertaining each other, or possibly a bit of both at the same time. Its
quite clear that CAry is IBKFergus' hoomin, and IBKFergus is Cary's willing
accomplice in anything that looks like Trouble. I fear for when they get
older and more cunning....

Yowie

Old July 12th 05, 12:38 PM
SuzQ

Poor Yowie you do lead an "interesting" life
Suz&Spicey

Old July 12th 05, 12:44 PM
Yowie

"SuzQ" wrote in message
lkaboutpets.com...
Poor Yowie you do lead an "interesting" life

Yeah, but I wouldn't change it for squids.....

Yowie
(Who'd want that much calamari anyway?)

Old July 12th 05, 01:01 PM
Victor Martinez

Awww... that is so sweet.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old July 12th 05, 01:32 PM
Karen

in article , Yowie at
wrote on 7/12/05 12:18AM:

[...]

Ah domestic bliss. I demand piccies!

Old July 12th 05, 01:47 PM
Lesley

She doesn't meow, she
just chirrups and chitters. And she chirrups and chirps alot.

Redunzel is exactly the same. I;ve heard a lot of cat noises over the
years Isis (RB) being the most talkative cat ever (she would even talk
to herself) and I have never heard a cat actually say "Meow"- has
anyone else?

Lesley
Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old July 12th 05, 01:48 PM
CatNipped

"Yowie" wrote in message
[...]

She sounds like she may have a little bit of Maine Coon in her - all the
traits above are very strong in MCs.

[...]

LOL! Thanks for the tension-breaker, Yowie - funny tale marvelously told!

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old July 12th 05, 03:18 PM
Kreisleriana

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 15:18:49 +1000, "Yowie"
yodeled:

[...]

How lovely! All of it!! Of course, I am nuts.

Theresa
Old July 14th 05, 01:12 PM
SuzQ

The only way I'll eat squid is with marinara dipping sauce.
Suz&Spicey

Old July 14th 05, 03:30 PM
Jo Firey

"SuzQ" wrote in message
lkaboutpets.com...
The only way I'll eat squid is with marinara dipping sauce.
Suz&Spicey

On our recent vacation, I had a seafood plate with the most scrumptious
fried squid. It was fried into long crisp sticks. Youngest grandson "does
not like fish or seafood" I handed him one and he ate it. He then
proceeded to finish the rest of the ones on my plate.

Discussion later between me, DH, and his older brother "I'm not going to
tell him, are you going to tell him?"

He still doesn't know. Only that it was calamari and he doesn't know what
that is.

Jo

The Acolyte Yowie Cat anecdotes 12 May 11th 05 12:53 PM
IBKFergus grows up Yowie Cat anecdotes 24 April 24th 05 07:32 AM
IBKFergus isn't black Yowie Cat anecdotes 11 January 23rd 05 04:25 AM
IBKFergus update Yowie Cat anecdotes 27 January 12th 05 06:57 PM
Ping IBKFergus.. dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers Cat anecdotes 3 December 24th 04 05:35 PM