I skeered my boy! :(

Old December 15th 06, 01:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
John F. Eldredge

Default I skeered my boy! :(

On 14 Dec 2006 05:25:29 GMT, wrote:

I was walking into the computer room this evening, and Licky was
standing in the doorway, waiting for me to come in so he could get
petted (this room is his favorite place for that). I was moving at
a fast clip, and he suddenly darted toward me, and we had a little
collision in the doorway, which banged against him kind of hard. He
shot off out of sight, and didn't come out from behind the big recliner
(one of his favorite hiding places) for about 15 minutes. And when
he did, he just sat there staring at me like he was sure I was the
#1 public menace.

And nothing could convince him to relax, not all the syrupy apologies
and coo-cooing in the world! My poor scaredy-cat!

But I guess all is forgiven - he's now lying in my arms, purring full
blast. He's not only a scaredy-cat, he apparently has a very short
memory.

I used to work for a small company which had a cocker-spaniel mix,
Dixie, as the company mascot. She was not the bravest dog in the
world. On one occasion, I rounded a hallway corner too fast and
startled Dixie; for the rest of the day, she would bark at me whenever
she saw me. By the next morning, however, she had gone back to being
friendly.

--
John F. Eldredge --

PGP key available from
http://pgp.mit.edu
Old December 18th 06, 04:37 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Christina Websell wrote:

KFC says how dare you upset her beloved Licky? She's rising herself up to
slap the face of anyone who dares with all claws out.

quaking It was an accident, Kitty! Really, I didn't mean it! And Licky
has forgiven me, honest. It'll never happen again, I promise!!

Joyce
Old December 19th 06, 12:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

KFC says how dare you upset her beloved Licky? She's rising herself up
slap the face of anyone who dares with all claws out.

quaking It was an accident, Kitty! Really, I didn't mean it! And Licky
has forgiven me, honest. It'll never happen again, I promise!!

Kitty sez hmmm. She will fight you if you upset her Licky ever. She sez
she has twenty-odd claws and knows how to use them.

(Meowmie note: OMG she certainly does)

Tweed

Old December 19th 06, 12:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Christina Websell wrote:

wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

KFC says how dare you upset her beloved Licky? She's rising herself up
slap the face of anyone who dares with all claws out.

quaking It was an accident, Kitty! Really, I didn't mean it! And Licky
has forgiven me, honest. It'll never happen again, I promise!!

Kitty sez hmmm. She will fight you if you upset her Licky ever. She sez
she has twenty-odd claws and knows how to use them.

Yes, Kitty. You're right, Kitty. I will always be nice to Licky and will
never upset him again. He is my sensitive boy, who has a fierce Protector.
I'm merely a lowly slave.

Joyce
Old December 19th 06, 03:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

Marina wrote:
wrote:
Christina Websell wrote:

Kitty sez hmmm. She will fight you if you upset her Licky ever. She sez
she has twenty-odd claws and knows how to use them.

Yes, Kitty. You're right, Kitty. I will always be nice to Licky and will
never upset him again. He is my sensitive boy, who has a fierce Protector.
I'm merely a lowly slave.

fondly remembering being chastised by Waffles for something I
accidentally did to Frank

Well, whatever it was, I'm sure it was just an isolated incident.

Old December 19th 06, 11:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

Christina Websell wrote:
wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

KFC says how dare you upset her beloved Licky? She's rising
herself up to
slap the face of anyone who dares with all claws out.

quaking It was an accident, Kitty! Really, I didn't mean it! And
Licky has forgiven me, honest. It'll never happen again, I promise!!

Kitty sez hmmm. She will fight you if you upset her Licky ever.
She sez she has twenty-odd claws and knows how to use them.

(Meowmie note: OMG she certainly does)

Tweed

Snoopy and Baggy are jealous, they've only got eighteen claws each. ;-)
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old December 20th 06, 10:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Adrian A wrote:
Christina Websell wrote:
wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

KFC says how dare you upset her beloved Licky? She's rising
herself up to
slap the face of anyone who dares with all claws out.

quaking It was an accident, Kitty! Really, I didn't mean it! And
Licky has forgiven me, honest. It'll never happen again, I promise!!

Kitty sez hmmm. She will fight you if you upset her Licky ever.
She sez she has twenty-odd claws and knows how to use them.

(Meowmie note: OMG she certainly does)

Tweed

Snoopy and Baggy are jealous, they've only got eighteen claws each.
;-)

Kitty says what a pity, how useless is that?
She has 20ish. Knows how to use them, too!