Mowsie in the howsie

Old May 30th 07, 02:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana

Default Mowsie in the howsie

On 29 May 2007 23:33:31 GMT, yodeled:

Christina Websell wrote:

"Cheryl Perkins" wrote:

Boyfie is clearly well-meaning, but has the implementation a little
confused - reversed, even!

He just hasn't got the hang of that killing bite yet! and he *will* insist
on opening his mouth to meow if I look at him when he comes in. Without
prey that is fine, with prey it's a disaster.

The other night, I heard a lot of banging around right outside my front
door. Or, I should say, Roxy and I heard banging around. My ears didn't
swivel around at the sound, but hers did.

I cautiously opened the door. Fortunately, I have both a solid, wooden
door and a screen door on the outside. So I opened the inner door and
looked out. Smudge was lunging at something just out of my line of sight.
So I closed the door again, to leave her to it.

About 20 minutes later, I heard Smudge's standard, let-me-in scratch at
the door. Again, I opened the door cautiously, keeping the screen door
shut. I demanded to see her face full-on before opening that screen door!
It was dark out, so hard to see, but something didn't look quite right.
She trilled at me and, sure enough, dropped a small mouse, which moved.
Again, I shut the door.

I didn't let her in until quite some time later, after I'd seen proof
positive that she had nothing in her mouth. The pandemonium of a mouse
running loose in my apartment was not something I wanted to deal with!

Joyce

Aww, you haven't lived a full life.

I'll never forget the night when Stinky dropped his still-live catch
in bed with me. :O

Theresa
Stinky Pictures:
http://community.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

Make Levees, Not War
Old May 30th 07, 02:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana

wrote in message
.. .
Christina Websell wrote:

"Cheryl Perkins" wrote:

[...]

Yes, I can that the "Hi Mommy!" effect.

Stinky does that too, with and without mousies. The without-mousie
version goes like this: He's doing his once or twice daily around the
house swagger patrol, yowling his head off, defending his territory
against all enemies real and imagined, and if he sees me, he'll just
veer off course towards me, stick his tail up in the air, headbutt me
and brush past me, then continue on his appointed rounds. "COME ON
OUT YA BUGGERS, I'LL KICK YER-- oh hi, Mommy!"

Theresa

Make Levees, Not War
Old May 30th 07, 10:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Kreisleriana" wrote in message

wrote in message
. ..
Christina Websell wrote:

"Cheryl Perkins" wrote:

[...]

LOL! Boyfriend likes to patrol too. He likes to amuse the rats around my
poultry huts by staring the death stare at the big ones and sometimes
catching the small ones, He used to be bullied big time by a black cat
that we call The Enemy who lives a couple of houses away and would come into
the garden and beat Boyfriend up regularly.
One day, he got fed up with it. He is a total pacifist, but it was really
enough. Huge fight and The Enemy does not dare to come into Boyfie's yard
again ever since.
I sometimes see The Enemy on the street and if Boyfie comes out to join me
he just seems to melt away.

Tweed