Kitty scared me!

Old September 3rd 06, 10:59 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

Default Kitty scared me!

Christina Websell wrote:
She didn't seem keen for her breakfast this morning. Instead of being
encouraged upstairs by me waving a pouch in front her - so she can
eat it alone - I had to carry her upstairs.
She refused her food. Totally.
I thought "Uh, uh, here we go" :-( having been down the CRF path
with some of my whippets. When they refuse to eat and almost nothing
tastes nice enough to encourage their appetite. I felt despondent.
I thought well, despite the renal food, it's not stopping her
deteriorating very quickly.

UNTIL. I noticed a couple of small feathers in the kitchen
reminscent of a collared dove..
I looked under the kitchen table which has a long tablecloth on it.
Sure enough, there was a 2/3rds eaten dove under there.
She was just too full of dove to eat her breakfast! She has eaten the
remainder now, did not want her dinner and is curled up snoring on my
chair. I'm glad I checked with the vet that it's okay for her to eat
collared doves, it is. Phew. I would not know how to stop her even
if it wasn't.

Tweed

I wish I knew why Snoopy is off her food :-( I'm glad Kitty is OK.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Old September 3rd 06, 11:21 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian A

Helen Miles wrote:
"Christina Websell" wrote in
message

My imagination is often too vivid. I always imagine the worst
possible scenario. Kitty is fine. She is so full that all she can
do is curl up and sleep.////

My cat Daisy (RB) had a real taste for collared doves and pigeons. One
day she ate an entire bird she had caught and had chronic indegestion.
Her hiccups got so bad, we ended up taking her to the vet. When he
finished ****ing himself laughing, he gave her some indegestion stuff
and sent her home. The lesson didn't stop her eating collared doves
though. ;o)

Helen M

It's a good thing there's no shortage of collared doves. ;-)

Old September 3rd 06, 09:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Christina Websell wrote:

[...]

Why wouldn't it be? (Unless you live in an area where people poison them,
and she might get hold of one that had been poisoned?) Rodents and small
(and not-so-small) birds are a cat's natural prey. Obviously she wanted
more variety in her diet.

Kitty Farmcat has eaten birds and rodents all her life. However, she has
recently been diagnosed with kidney failure and is supposed to eat a special
diet. No-one poisons the doves around where I live, I checked with the vet
that it was okay for her to eat them still because she is only supposed to
have the renal diet. That's the reason, not because I don't realise that
birds and mammals are a cat's natural diet.

Tweed

Old September 3rd 06, 09:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

On 2006-09-02 17:47:10 -0500, "Christina Websell"
said:
Kitty happens to be here and eats them? Or is he bringing his catches
for her?

Personally, I think he brings them for her.

Swayed by Karen's logic, I concur with her analysis.

LOL! Your one-liner really made me laugh, Tak. Thanks!

Tweed

Old September 3rd 06, 09:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Helen Miles" wrote in message
news:2774736b1bf6d7110feb9f51bbe8b7db.76411@mygate .mailgate.org...
"Christina Websell" wrote in
message

My imagination is often too vivid. I always imagine the worst possible
scenario. Kitty is fine. She is so full that all she can do is curl up
and
sleep.////

My cat Daisy (RB) had a real taste for collared doves and pigeons. One
day she ate an entire bird she had caught and had chronic indegestion.
Her hiccups got so bad, we ended up taking her to the vet. When he
finished ****ing himself laughing, he gave her some indegestion stuff
and sent her home. The lesson didn't stop her eating collared doves
though. ;o)

Hee hee.
KFC can (and does) eat a whole collared dove without getting indigestion!
She only leaves the wings and recently has been leaving the tail too, she
used to eat that before.
I don't know how she can do it. The collared doves are pretty meaty around
here as they sneak the chicken food. They probably weigh around 1lb, which
means she can eat a quarter of her own bodyweight in a day. Imagine doing
that yourself! No wonder she didn't want her food yesterday and was so
sleepy!
She was still a bit full this morning and only ate a bit of breakfast, but
at least I know why and don't need to worry.

Tweed

Old September 3rd 06, 10:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Adrian A wrote:
I wish I knew why Snoopy is off her food :-( I'm glad Kitty is OK.
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy and Bagheera)
Cats leave pawprints on your heart.

Lots of purrs and best wishes for Snoopy to regain her appetite,
Polonca and Soncek

Old September 3rd 06, 10:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Christina Websell wrote:
She didn't seem keen for her breakfast this morning. snip
UNTIL. I noticed a couple of small feathers in the kitchen reminscent of a
collared dove..
I looked under the kitchen table which has a long tablecloth on it. Sure
enough, there was a 2/3rds eaten dove under there.
She was just too full of dove to eat her breakfast! She has eaten the
remainder now, did not want her dinner and is curled up snoring on my chair.
I'm glad I checked with the vet that it's okay for her to eat collared
doves, it is. Phew. I would not know how to stop her even if it wasn't.

Tweed

I'm very relieved Kitty is ok.
Best wishes and good-health purrs for her,
Polonca and Soncek

Old September 3rd 06, 11:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote in message
ups.com...
Christina Websell wrote:
She didn't seem keen for her breakfast this morning. snip
UNTIL. I noticed a couple of small feathers in the kitchen reminscent of
collared dove..
I looked under the kitchen table which has a long tablecloth on it. Sure
enough, there was a 2/3rds eaten dove under there.
She was just too full of dove to eat her breakfast! She has eaten the
remainder now, did not want her dinner and is curled up snoring on my
chair.
I'm glad I checked with the vet that it's okay for her to eat collared
doves, it is. Phew. I would not know how to stop her even if it wasn't.

Tweed

I'm very relieved Kitty is ok.
Best wishes and good-health purrs for her,
Polonca and Soncek

Thank you, she seems very well and is using her new litterbox.

Tweed

Old September 4th 06, 03:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

"Christina Websell" wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm very relieved Kitty is ok.
Best wishes and good-health purrs for her,
Polonca and Soncek

Thank you, she seems very well and is using her new litterbox.

I'm also glad Kitty's decided she still likes the litterbox.

Old September 27th 06, 10:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Steve Touchstone

On Sat, 2 Sep 2006 23:47:10 +0100, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

snip
My imagination is often too vivid. I always imagine the worst possible
scenario. Kitty is fine. She is so full that all she can do is curl up and
sleep.
It's Boyfie's fault! He catches the doves and brings them for her. She
caught them for herself up to about 2 years ago.
Boyfie never eats anything he catches, he brings it into the kitchen and
Kitty eats it, whether a bird or a mousie.
I don't know what to think. Is he bringing his catches to me and Kitty
happens to be here and eats them? Or is he bringing his catches for her?

Tweed

I vote for BF Paying her off for making good on prmise not to box his
ears as hard as she used too ;-)
--
Steve Touchstone,
faithful servant of Sammy, Little Bit and Spot

[remove Junk for email]
Home Page: