Strange computer happenings OT

Old September 27th 06, 09:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

Default Strange computer happenings OT

I don't know whether to be pleased or not! A couple of hours ago I nipped
back on to rpca for updates on Sam etc and instead of having more than 2
thousand posts unread all were greyed out as if read.
Aaargh. I now have no idea if anyone replied to any of my posts or what
anyone said recently.

I haven't a clue how this happened and I am sorry if any of you were
expecting a reply and I ignored you.

I have to say it's a novelty to have only 11 posts outstanding but at the
same time I hope I didn't miss a request for purrs.

Tweed
puzzled

Old September 28th 06, 02:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Julie and Sam

"Christina Websell" wrote in message
I don't know whether to be pleased or not! A couple of hours ago I nipped
back on to rpca for updates on Sam etc and instead of having more than 2
thousand posts unread all were greyed out as if read.
Aaargh. I now have no idea if anyone replied to any of my posts or what
anyone said recently.

I haven't a clue how this happened and I am sorry if any of you were
expecting a reply and I ignored you.

I have to say it's a novelty to have only 11 posts outstanding but at the
same time I hope I didn't miss a request for purrs.

Tweed
puzzled

You didn't miss a post from me regarding Sam, but thank you for thinking
about him. I do appreciate your comments about asking the vet if Sam's
tumor is a primary. I suspect it is but I'm going to ask anyway. The one
thing everyone agrees on is that feline osteoporosis is not as bad as canine
osteoporosis. I don't know that this is a good thing necessarily, but at
this point I'll take anything they'll give me. I'm sorry you lost one of
your dogs to this disease but I'm glad I have you to ask questions of when I
have them.

Julie

Old September 28th 06, 06:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tension_on_the_wire

Julie and Sam wrote:
You didn't miss a post from me regarding Sam, but thank you for thinking
about him. I do appreciate your comments about asking the vet if Sam's
tumor is a primary. I suspect it is but I'm going to ask anyway. The one
thing everyone agrees on is that feline osteoporosis is not as bad as canine
osteoporosis. I don't know that this is a good thing necessarily, but at
this point I'll take anything they'll give me. I'm sorry you lost one of
your dogs to this disease but I'm glad I have you to ask questions of when I
have them.

Julie

Hi Julie, it's a typo, right? Osteoporosis v. osteosarcoma?
I'm assuming that since you are still talking tumor, you meant
osteosarcoma. And more than likely, by the way, you are
right about it being a primary tumor because osteosarcoma
is by definition a primary bone tumor and any metastasis
or secondary tumors would come up most often in other
tissues like lung, liver, brain and other non-bone places.

Here's hoping it is resectable.

(no, not respectable 8^P)

--tension

Old September 28th 06, 08:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Julie and Sam" wrote in message
. ..

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

I do appreciate your comments about asking the vet if Sam's tumor is a
primary. I suspect it is but I'm going to ask anyway. The one thing
everyone agrees on is that feline osteoporosis is not as bad as canine
osteoporosis.

You have now confused me. I thought you said Sam had osteosarcoma.
Osteoporosis isn't nearly as serious.

I don't know that this is a good thing necessarily, but at
this point I'll take anything they'll give me. I'm sorry you lost one of
your dogs to this disease but I'm glad I have you to ask questions of when
I have them.

I will try and help but I don't think I will be much use to you. As Pearl's
osteosarcoma was a secondary from her spleen and her shoulder had crumbled,
while she was under anaesthetic for the x-ray I told them not to let her
wake up.
For a primary I think there is more hope.

Tweed

Old September 28th 06, 08:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Christina Websell wrote:

"Julie and Sam" wrote in message
. ..

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

I do appreciate your comments about asking the vet if Sam's tumor is a
primary. I suspect it is but I'm going to ask anyway. The one thing
everyone agrees on is that feline osteoporosis is not as bad as canine
osteoporosis.

You have now confused me. I thought you said Sam had osteosarcoma.
Osteoporosis isn't nearly as serious.

Hey, come on guys. She's distraught, and made a mistake. Osteoporosis
is a much more common condition, so it's not surprising she wrote that
instead.

Joyce