Kitty Farmcat has lost her appetite

Old December 16th 07, 06:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

Default Kitty Farmcat has lost her appetite

my sister raises chickens and after the first kill, she dispensed with
plucking in the traditional sense and skinned them, says she won't ever go
back, Lee, drooling in bird envy of KFC
Christina Websell wrote in message
Thank Bast, my neighbours brought me 2 pheasants last Saturday and today
"voila!" the terrier men came again for a rat hunt and brought me another

2
with a Christmas card as an appreciation for letting them bring their
terriers here to rat.
We will be eating pheasant for the foreseeable future ;-) I just wish

they
came already plucked and gutted though..

Tweed

"Stormmee" wrote in message
buy a pheasant if need be, Lee, praying for both of you,
Christina Websell wrote in message
Since yesterday. This panics me because of her CRF and her great age.
I have been down this road before with my old dogs, of offering

tempting
little morsels of various wonderful foods, only to have them rejected

and
for me to get more and more despairing as they reach end-stage CRF.

Kitty cannot afford not to eat. She is getting frailer and frailer, as

all
CRF patients do as their damaged kidneys excrete more protein than they

can
take in. I know she did this once before a few months ago but with

purrs
she came back so I am asking for a few more, please.

Yesterday, because she didn't want to eat by evening, I bought her some
lactose-free milk which she drank. I could only get semi-skimmed, I

wanted
to get full-fat to get some calories into her. but apparently full fat
lactose free milk is not made. Dammit.
She only licked at her breakfast of fish pate this morning which she
normally loves. She spent the day mostly asleep in front of the fire

and
at
one time my heart nearly stopped when I checked on her, I thought she

was
dead - by her position and expression.
She ate maybe a tablespoon of chicken this evening, but hey I have a
pheasant cooking in the oven that my neighbour gave me and she has

always
loved pheasant.

Yeah, I know :-(((((

Tweed

Old December 16th 07, 07:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Christina Websell wrote:

Kitty cannot afford not to eat. She is getting frailer and frailer, as all
CRF patients do as their damaged kidneys excrete more protein than they can
take in. I know she did this once before a few months ago but with purrs
she came back so I am asking for a few more, please.

Of course we will purr for KFC. I know you know she can't go on forever,
however much we all would like her to, but we're purring that she will
continue for just a while more. {{{Tweed}}}

--
Marina, Miranda and Caliban
Old December 16th 07, 07:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

Christina Websell wrote:
Yeah, I know :-(((((

Lots of purrs on the way.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old December 16th 07, 07:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bettina

On 16 Dez., 18:23, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
[...]

Hopefully it`s just a "bad" day.
Lots of purrs on the way.

Bettina
Old December 16th 07, 08:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gandalf

On Sun, 16 Dec 2007 17:23:29 -0000, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

[...]

Purrs are on the way for KFC to get her appetite back, and to feel
better, soon(!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~

- Robert Heinlein

Life is very difficult. Once you understand that, life becomes easier.
-Buddha

Old December 16th 07, 09:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Christina Websell wrote:

She is ill, really ill. She fell off her footstool today, a low upholstered
thingie that she likes to sit on in front of the fire if her bed next to it
does not please her.
I am holding out on the pheasant just yet as she just ate another two tsps
of chicken.

Purrs for KFC to get past her sick feelings and start eating again.
Or to pass peacefully, if this is her time.

I forget, are you giving her subq fluids? If not, that might help right
now.

And don't hold out on the pheasant! If you think she'll eat it, give
her some! Even if she ate a bit of chicken. Right now is the time to give
her *whatever* you think she'll want to eat.

Purrs,
Joyce

--
To send email to this address, remove the triple-X from my user name.
Old December 16th 07, 09:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Christina Websell wrote:

Yesterday, because she didn't want to eat by evening, I bought her some
lactose-free milk which she drank. I could only get semi-skimmed, I wanted
to get full-fat to get some calories into her. but apparently full fat
lactose free milk is not made. Dammit.

Does she like butter? Maybe she'll lick some off your finger.

Purrs from my gang, Licky leading the chorus

Joyce
Old December 16th 07, 10:16 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

[...]

Hugs and purrs-- our very biggest ones for our dear old girl.

Old December 16th 07, 10:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

Purrs are on the way.

--
Joy

Nothing is impossible. Some things are just less likely than others. --
Jonathan Winters

Old December 16th 07, 11:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

She is ill, really ill. She fell off her footstool today, a low
upholstered
thingie that she likes to sit on in front of the fire if her bed next to
it
does not please her.
I am holding out on the pheasant just yet as she just ate another two
tsps
of chicken.

Purrs for KFC to get past her sick feelings and start eating again.
Or to pass peacefully, if this is her time.

I forget, are you giving her subq fluids? If not, that might help right
now.

No, we have not reached that yet, although it might be the next step.

And don't hold out on the pheasant! If you think she'll eat it, give
her some! Even if she ate a bit of chicken. Right now is the time to give
her *whatever* you think she'll want to eat.

Of course I gave her some! How could I not? Little torn up pieces of
still warm roasted pheasant breast which she ate. I didn't give her very
much as it is easy to sicken a CRF patient if you do, from my experience.
The leg portions went into the slow-cooker, I guess she will be having that
tomorrow. Good job I've got three more pheasants to go at, eh?
It's months since I was gifted with a brace of pheasants and now I get two
inside a week just when I need them. Amazing.

Tweed