KFC update 3

Old April 24th 08, 05:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Enfilade

Default KFC update 3

In 2004 Kumani caught a severe virus, involving a high fever,
inability to eat and 3 days on IV at the vet's. All four of ours are
indoor-only, and the others didn't have any symptoms at all. How a
virus would have gotten into our apartment for just Kumani to catch,
we don't know. I swear this stuff is in the air.

I'm glad to hear that KFC is rallying. Continued purrs coming.

--Fil

Thank you all so much for being so supportive in previous threads. I'd like
to reply to everyone because each post deserves it. but I can't. What
wonderful folks you are. You buoy me up in the bad times.

Old April 24th 08, 06:06 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
wafflycat

So, atm, KFC is still with us.

Good news. Let's hope she continues in such a positive way
Old April 24th 08, 01:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep ©

Christina Websell wrote:
"Yowie" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:
I phoned this afternoon to check how she was doing. I wanted to
phone as soon as I got up, and then every hour, but decided this
would be seen as unreasonable.
The receptionist relayed back from a nurse that she was holding her
own and that a vet would call me back when he'd finished his
consultations (Alison was not there today.) It seemed a long wait
until I got the call. It was from one of the partners in the practice and
I immediately
suspected the worst. I do know him, though, he's so nice I knew if
it was bad news he'd break it gently.
It wasn't so bad.
She has one of the worst upper respiratory tract infections he's ever
seen. She is on a drip (how on earth they did that I'll never know)
and she cannot come home yet.
The results of the blood tests were surprising. Some of the kidney
levels are not bad at all, but her protein level is very high which
he says indicates a bad infection (but I also know that high protein
is also an indication of failing kidneys as the last vet that tested
her said, so we'll wait and see)
I asked how she could have got this infection since she's hardly
stepped out of the house for at least 2 years. He said very old cats
have a compromised immune system. I accept that but she must have
caught it somehow and from where? He was in a rush to get off the
phone (maybe an emergency operation waiting) so it is something I
will discuss when I get the opportunity.
So, atm, KFC is still with us.

Thank you all so much for being so supportive in previous threads. I'd
like to reply to everyone because each post deserves it. but I
can't. What wonderful folks you are. You buoy me up in the bad
times.

More purrs on the way, Tweed.

There's alot for KFC, but pelase take a few for yourself. You need them
too.

I know, but it's killing me. What if she dies because I didn't realise I
should have taken a sneeze more seriously and acted quicker?
I'll never forgive myself.

Just remember one thing: If you hadn't taken her in when you did, given
her the outstanding care and love that you did, she would have died a
LONG time ago!

She has lived as long as she did BECAUSE YOU CARED!

her wipe out Bunny's world domination.
--
The ONE and ONLY
Old April 24th 08, 01:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"Yowie" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:
[...]

Oh Christina. Nobody could have done more for that little cat, and she
knows it, even if you don't. We are waiting with you, and holding your
hands from afar. The boys are sending her their best purrs, and soothing
ones for you.

Theresa, Stinky and Dante

Old April 24th 08, 01:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bettina

On 24 Apr., 00:28, "Christina Websell"
wrote:
[...]

Tweed

Glad to hear she`s got a chance!
Please do not put it on Boyfie - viruses are always everywhere around.
It is just about the body system to decide to react to them.
Everybody who entered your house could have brought in on their
shoesoles some.
And even the wind carries viruses around - so as long as someone
doesn`t live in a vacuum there will always be all kinds of viruses
around. So it is not Boyfies fault that KFC caught a virus.

Hoping the best and praying
Bettina
Old April 24th 08, 03:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

Purrs will continue for KFC - we're all hoping she recovers from the
infection and can come home soon.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old April 24th 08, 04:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Continuing the get well purrs and thoughts for KFC.

Debbie

Old April 24th 08, 04:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Irulan

Thank you for the updates. So glad to hear she is
still so feisty. We keep praying for her.

Lily & her mama

--
Irulan
from the stars we come

Old April 24th 08, 05:27 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormmee

stop that right now, you made the best decision based on your experience and
knowledge, that is all she or you could ask of yourself, Lee, who has a
breaking heart for you

Old April 24th 08, 08:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Steve Touchstone[_3_]

purrs continuing