Claws

Old June 8th 04, 09:52 AM
jb

"David Wright" wrote in message
Hello,

My cat is continually scratching my neighbours cars - they have caught him
scratching up and down the wings, and on the bonnet. They have been decent
enough about it, but patience only lasts for so long!

My question is, is it legal or ethical or possible to get a cat's claws
clipped/removed/something else to avoid my cat doing this? He is a

domestic
tom, aged 2 years.

Thanks,
D.

Here's a good explination of the proceedure and why so many people dont
declaw there cats. Your basicly removing the last digit to remove each claw.
http://www.talktothevet.com/ARTICLES...tdeclawing.HTM

Old June 8th 04, 03:29 PM
J. Marz

"David Wright" wrote in message ...
Hello,

My cat is continually scratching my neighbours cars - they have caught him
scratching up and down the wings, and on the bonnet. They have been decent
enough about it, but patience only lasts for so long!

My question is, is it legal or ethical or possible to get a cat's claws
clipped/removed/something else to avoid my cat doing this? He is a domestic
tom, aged 2 years.

Thanks,
D.

My neighbors cat mysteriously dissapeared after scratching my cars new
paint job. I warned them twice to have it declawed, they never
listened and it ended up missing. If you want to avoid a lawsuit or
your cat dissapearing, my advice is to have it declawed. Don't let the
nut-jobs in here tell you any differently there is nothing wrong with
declawing.

James Marz

Born in lust, turn to dust.
Born in sin? come on in! - Stephen King

Old June 8th 04, 03:56 PM
Nicholas

Yes, there is - declawing removes a cats ability to fight and climb, and
leaves it at the mercy of other animals, which is why its rightly illegial.

My neighbors cat mysteriously dissapeared after scratching my cars new
paint job. I warned them twice to have it declawed, they never
listened and it ended up missing

I wonder if you had anything to do with it...

om...

Old June 8th 04, 10:43 PM
Laura R.

circa Tue, 08 Jun 2004 16:38:44 +0100, in alt.cats, Kristine
Kochanski ) said,
Yes there is, and the original poster is a UK citizen (judging by the
correct spelling of neighbours :-p), where it is quite rightly
illegal. Thanks for your post James, I often wonder if I'm being cruel
in only letting my cats outside under supervision, you've reassured me
that there are indeed plenty of idiots out there willing to do them
harm and I'm doing the right thing. Cheers.

He's also a troll and best killfiled.

Laura
-Oscar Wilde

Old June 9th 04, 10:52 AM
Nicholas

Indeed - someone to be ignored...

Has anyone managed to take a cat for a walk - apparently you can get cat
walking leads, which could be useful when you let a cat outside after, say,
moving house.
However, due to a cats nature I can either see you going around it circles
or not moving...

Nicholas

.. .