Prayers needed - lost foster

Old May 12th 04, 03:23 PM
JoJo

Default Prayers needed - lost foster

My foster babies went in for surgery Monday. As with any surgery, be it
human or animal, regardless of age, sometimes they don't make it. Sadly,
Sam, one of my fosters did not make it. I had to go to the shelter
yesterday and identify the remaining white kitten. Yurtle was to be adopted
by a girl named Erin, who was to get him yesterday after 6:00. I had to get
there before she did to make sure it wasn't Yurtle that had passed away
(Yurtle and Sam were both white, it was hard for shelter to tell them
apart).

I am happy to say it wasn't Yurtle, but equally sad that it was Sam. Poor
guy always frightened easily. His first few days here all he did was shake,
made me feel so bad for him. He never did warm up to people, but he did
enjoy being petted every once in a while. Is it possible that he could have
been scared to death?

It happens from time to time, this is the first foster (and hopefully last)
that I have lost. So please say a little prayer for Sam and hope that he's
at the bridge and not scared anymore.

Thanks

--
JoJo
http://home.comcast.net/~zookeepr/fosters.html

Old May 12th 04, 04:01 PM
Karen

Poor Sam. He may just not have been a real healthy little kitten. So sorry
to hear this Purrs and a prayer for Sam and you.

Karen

Old May 12th 04, 04:05 PM
Kreisleriana

On Wed, 12 May 2004 10:23:49 -0400, "JoJo"
yodeled:

[...]

Oh no, oh no, how terribly sad. Purrs and prayers for all of you.

Theresa

Old May 12th 04, 04:30 PM
Jeanette

JoJo wrote in message
[...]

JoJo, I'm so sorry. Sometimes it seems even harder to lose a foster kitten
than it does to lose a cat of your own. I hope that Yurtle has a long and
happy life with his new family though.

Jeanette

Old May 12th 04, 04:46 PM
lrulan

aw, poor little baby. We will light a candle for his safe journey to the RB.
He won't be scared there anymore.
Jazz & his mama

--

Irulan
from now until the end of time

Old May 12th 04, 04:49 PM
badwilson

So sad :-( Purrs,
--
Britta
Sandpaper kisses, a cuddle and a purr. I have an alarm clock that's covered

"JoJo" wrote in message
[...]

Foster Kitty Needs Purrs JoJo Cat anecdotes 44 April 21st 04 05:34 PM
prayers needed Jean H Cat anecdotes 1 October 3rd 03 09:30 AM
thanks for the prayers Jean H Cat anecdotes 1 October 3rd 03 08:39 AM