The difference between them

Old August 16th 06, 05:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Susan M

Default The difference between them

Hi the

A striking day-to-day contrast between the two cats.

Two nights ago, Chester pulled an all nighter - which makes him a very bad
and very ill advised cat. Otis was crazy - his brother was Out and he was
In. Fred hasn't slept well in months and put Otis in the basement. For 3
hours, Otis yowled in deepening tones of desperation as he clawed at the
basement door and threw himself at the door. After all this sleepless time,
I told Fred that Otis had likely worn himself out so should come up where he
would fall asleep. That is what Otis did. Fred didn't get sleep though.
Otis got closer to eviction - though he's been on this slippery slope for 10
years. Otis is not adaptable.

Last night, Otis uncharacteristically was out late and looked like he might
pull an all nighter. Chester had slept in the basement all day recovering
from the big night Out before. He was luxuriously enjoying the cool early
evening air when I unceremoniously plucked him up and set him inside so that
he wouldn't repeat his prior nights shananigans. What did Chester do? Curl
up adorably on Jane's bed and purr. Came to bed and purred and cuddled and
played and drifted off to sleep, despite a whole day doing the same thing in
the basement. He is adaptable.

Shortly after I had fallen asleep, Otis came home and yowled outside the
window. I was thankful that he was home and safe above all - but why did he
have to wake me out of REM?

Susan M
Otis and Chester