Purrs for Meep

Old April 22nd 10, 11:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
jmc

Default Purrs for Meep

We don't know if anything's actually wrong yet, but at her vet visit
yesterday the vet thought she felt a lump near Meep's cecum. Might be a
tumor, Vet's not sure. Meep is also slowly but surely losing weight,
despite eating (somewhat) better over the last couple of months - she
gets two small cans or one big (tuna can sized) per day, more if she
finishes that off. Most days she eats 75% or more of that. She should
weigh around 8.5 lbs, she's down to 7lb 6oz. Vet commented on her
slightly elevated BUN but normal creatnine at her last blood test (Nov),
saying this might indicate something wrong with her gut (I think).

Meep's demeanor hasn't really changed, but there's just something I
can't quite put my finger on - and don't know if it's just old age or
something else. I'm desperately worried it's the latter. She turns 14
in a couple of weeks.

It's sit-and-wait at the moment, they took blood and we're waiting for
results back.

She's been in good health, good coat, clear eyes, so I'm hoping she'll
be around a good number of years yet.

jmc
Old April 23rd 10, 02:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Stan Brown

Wow -- that's rough. And of course you can't even ask her what's
wrong. I hope the vet can shed some light, one way or the other.

http://OakRoadSystems.com
Shikata ga nai...
Old April 23rd 10, 03:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Rene

Purrs and hugs for you. Waiting for test results sure stinks. Give
Meep lots of pets while you're waiting.
Old April 24th 10, 12:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Nadia N.

Purrs from Kotyo and Sweety and good thoughts from me.

Nadia, Kotyo and Sweety

--
Little Monster pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/nnakova/Kotyo
Sweety pictures: http://picasaweb.google.com/nnakova/Sweety
Old April 26th 10, 07:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Rene

Any word yet? Crossing my fingers.
Old April 26th 10, 11:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
jmc

Suddenly, without warning, Rene exclaimed (4/26/2010 2:58 PM):
Any word yet? Crossing my fingers.

Partial word - bloodworks were ok, first part of gastro panel ok, still
waiting on second half.

Either she doesn't like the taste of the pepcid & ulcer med, or they're
not helping, as she hasn't eaten much in 24 hours. Going to skip them
tonight to see if she'll eat.

jmc

Meep goes to the Vet on Monday... jmc Cat health & behaviour 15 March 11th 09 02:11 AM
I miss Meep! jmc Cat health & behaviour 17 May 16th 06 07:14 PM
The meep Caroline S. Cat anecdotes 2 December 9th 05 01:09 PM
Meep: No Crystals! jmc Cat health & behaviour 8 July 26th 05 07:53 AM
Meep Knows No. jmc Cat health & behaviour 5 March 28th 05 03:37 AM