Cat keeps throwing up

Old February 6th 13, 09:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Jesse

Default UPDATE: : Cat keeps throwing up

On 2013-02-05 05:24:47 +0000, IBen Getiner said:

On Feb 4, 10:42Â*am, dgk wrote:
On Mon, 4 Feb 2013 03:48:12 -0800 (PST),IBenGetiner

wrote:
On Feb 4, 2:26Â*am, Clara Semps wrote:
Thought I'd give you an update on poor Furby's nasal condition. It
hasn't improved at all but he actually seems to be practicing a
meditation technique to keep his stomach calm (I kid you not) and
hasn't thrown up in weeks.

I've tried ALL of your suggestions, from the pill pocket (turns up his
nose at it even without a pill inside) to a seafood mix with the
crushed pill (yuck, ptooey), to liquid using an injector (moreon his
face than down his throat) to trying to put the pill down his throat
with the pill injector. The last gifted me with several rather deep
bites on my thumb and my roomie has some nice gashes on his arms from
our attempts. sigh

He's gained a little bit of weight now that he's not throwing up as
much but still just a miserable kitty as he sits here on my dining room
chairs (now covered with towels) and drips. I've taken to calling him
Booger Boy. He seems to like it and while he's no where near as well
as he should be or I'd like him, he's gained a little weight back and
is Â*hanging with me more often, though I've taken to walking around
with a nappy on my shoulder. ROTFL

I do love this guy. He's my mama's boy and actually lets me wipe his
eyes and nose now. Such a baby.

Jacksie, the holy terror aka the Brat, is another pleasure to have
round the house when she's not torturing Furby. But I feel sorry for
her because the only one who plays with her is me and I don't have the
time every day. Poor thing. She's now taken to curling up against my
butt in the morning so she can have some fun first thing when i wake.
LOL

Anyway, there's the update. Hope you all had a really Happy Holiday and
a wonderful New Year! Sorry for the delay but it's been busy.
information helps you.

Clair.... Here is a link describing the procedure that I spoke of in
my previous posting. It really is the best way to go, assuming that
you want to be in control of the situation and not let it be in
control of you. : )

http://www.petdr.com/declawdesc.htm

IBen

Many of us know cats that had problems after having half of their
fingers amputated. I had one cat that had been "declawed" and he was
never really happy, could never follow the other cats on the cat trees
or any of the high places they like to go. And he was a big biter, and
none of my other cats do that.

I've never had problems with any of my cats scratching furiture. I
provide plenty of scratching materials and they love those. Once in a
while I do end up with a scratch, but that's a small price to pay for
leaving the cat as it was created.

So you're saying that he became a biter due to that little
operation....??! I defy you to prove it. Our cat was a biter BEFORE he
had those needless bothersome knives removed. Just FYI. Declawing
produces NONE of the issues that you blame on it. Our boys have never
been happier, and they exhibit no ill effects at all. It's all IN YOUR
HEAD. You're against the procedure because you subscribe to the
mindset of "let the cat run wild and do as he pleases". To people like
you RULES and the word "NO" are forbidden territory. Why don't you
just admit it instead of trying to twist this poor ignorant woman’s
mind? Be a big time saver in the long run (since I have forever and a
day to make my point).

IBen

You're a complete idiot and have little valuable medical and
psychiatric knowledge about felines if you think declawing them is an
acceptable way to control unwanted behavior.

Any vet will tell you it is common place for a feline to begin biting
much more after being declawed. Their claws are their first line of
defense and without them they often feel even more helpless and become
fearful much easier. Naturally they're going to bite instead, this is
just plain common sense.

Newsflash: Cats have claws and they need to scratch things. This is natural.

If you're having problems with your cat destroying items then either
you are not an effective and responsible pet owner, or you should not
have cats.

If you have any reason at all that is not medical to remove a cats toes
then YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE A CAT.

You have forever and a day to make your point because you have no life,
maybe this is why you obsess over controlling your cats natural
behaviors? Do you need a job? I bet you do.

Jesse

Old February 13th 13, 11:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Clara Semps

On 2013-02-06 20:58:38 +0000, dgk said:

Anecdotal evidence is always difficult to prove. But the cats balance
is all on those paws, and amputating the entire first half of their
fingers is going to ruin it. Not just removal of the nail. They cut
off the entire finger beyond the knuckle. How would you like that done
to you?

I really don't like arguing with people. There are both good and bad
reasons for declawing and not declawing. However, you cannot prove any
of it to those who have alternate experience.

Tell my cats they can't balance, leap or teleport to the highest points
in my house. It's all I can do to keep them off the kitchen counters.
They seem no worse for the wear, though I'll admit, I don't think I'd
declaw a cat that was older than a year. The younger the better as it
seems to make for a very easy adjustment. At least in my experience
with the cats I've had over the years.

Clara

Old February 13th 13, 11:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Clara Semps

On 2013-02-06 21:55:11 +0000, Jesse said:

You're a complete idiot and have little valuable medical and
psychiatric knowledge about felines if you think declawing them is an
acceptable way to control unwanted behavior.

snipped for brevity

Jesse,

Please don't let this conversation decline to personal insults. You
will never change anyone's mind by calling them names. I've read many
different thesis, theories, dissertations and articles about declawing.
There are many vets who would refute what you say, else why would they
do it. Not all vets are out just for the money.

Regardless, sinking to attacking the opposition doesn't help your
cause. You are both entitled to your beliefs. This is a controversy
that has been going on for years with FACTS on both sides, both
anecdotal and clinical. Just agree to disagree. No one is forcing you
to declaw your cats and probably never could. Believe me, you can't
force anyone to NOT declaw their cat if they want to, so why bother?

Clara

Old February 13th 13, 11:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Bill Graham

On 2013-02-06 20:58:38 +0000, dgk said:

[...]

In my case, I keep "outside" cats. Declawing is out of the question. It
would be the exuivalent of the government taking my guns away from me, so I
would have to remain huddled in my house, hiding under my bed, afraid to go
anywhere, or do anything.....

Old February 14th 13, 12:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Bill Graham

On 2013-02-06 21:55:11 +0000, Jesse
said:

[...]

Bingo! If you keep indoor cats, and have a house full of valuable antique
furniture, then there is no intrinsic reason why you should not declaw them,
But by the same token, don't tell me that I should not keep outside cats. I
cater to those cats who were feral, or raised to live and love outside. They
come to me as abandoned strays, looking for a little love and care, and a
free meal now and then. Not to be put into my jail. When I take one in, I
know he/she is going to cost me a bundle for shots, and neutering, and cat
food for life. And all I ask for this is the pleasure of knowing that they
are protected from a hostile world. I wasn't the one who created them to be
tortured by cold and hunger every year. It was an unfeeling God who does
that. I am just trying to undo some of "His work".....

Old March 1st 13, 10:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Timo J Keranen

Default New books

Store has new books, both printed and e-books.

http://felinebookstore.com