The Recall is Affecting Europe Now

Old May 3rd 07, 02:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
CatNipped[_2_]

Default The Recall is Affecting Europe Now

The recall also expanded to include 2 varieties in Europe.

Full details:

http://www.itchmo.com/read/breaking-...ation_20070502

BREAKING NEWS: Menu Foods Recall Expands Dramatically Due to
Cross-Contamination

May 2nd, 2007

This recall expansion covers dozens of new brands and foods - wet foods
only. Menu Foods is now recalling additional foods due to
cross-contamination, more than a month and a half after the initial recall.
(Corrected) The recall also expanded to include 2 varieties in Europe.

Menu Foods expanded recall list at:

http://www.itchmo.com/read/breaking-...ation_20070502

Brands covered in expansion are listed at Itchmo. New brands are marked
(New). Our recall list is now up-to-date.

Menu Foods says:

Menu Foods has previously recalled wet cat and dog food produced with
adulterated wheat gluten supplied by ChemNutra Inc. Menu Foods is now
expanding the recall to include cuts and gravy and select other products
which do not include ChemNutra wheat gluten but which were manufactured at
any of Menu Foods' plants during the period that ChemNutra wheat gluten was
used at that plant, to the extent they have not already been subject to a
recall, due to the possibility of cross-contamination. Menu Foods has
received a report from a customer and has received study results, both of
which indicate cross-contamination.

Hugs,

CatNipped

Old May 3rd 07, 07:11 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

CatNipped wrote:

The recall also expanded to include 2 varieties in Europe.

Full details:

http://www.itchmo.com/read/breaking-...ation_20070502

BREAKING NEWS: Menu Foods Recall Expands Dramatically Due to
Cross-Contamination

I see that Friskies/Purina is still not on the list. That's a relief.

On the other hand, Trader Joe's *is* on the list, and I've occasionally
fed them TJ's canned food. That will stop!

Thanks for the update.

Joyce
Old May 3rd 07, 07:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
sheelagh

http://www.itchmo.com/read/breaking-...all-expands-dr...

[...]

Thank you very much for this one C.N. I was thinking about this one
yesterday, so when I noticed you post it today, I had already realised
that this problem is far more widespread than we are aware of. As I
have posted, there are many people that I know who have got people
from USAF bases to buy pet food for them because of the quality and
price difference. Thankfully , I am not one of them.. but I do know
people who have purchased many of the foods on your regular lists
( which are very much appreciated, I assure you, because our own media
has ignored the entire issue altogether!!!!!).

In fact, if it wasn't for the groups, we probably wouldn't know at
all.
Worse, the personnel who are buying these pet foods seem to know
nothing about
this either. That is utterly shocking as far as I am concerned....

We need to be asking the media questions ourselves, & I have decided
to contact a few media outlets such as Sky News, to ask why they are
not cutting stories about this disaster. It is a global problem, not
just an American problem..... & this is simply one of the reasons
why...I'm certain there are others, I just haven't thought of them
yet;o(
S;o)

Old May 3rd 07, 07:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

sheelagh wrote:

Thank you very much for this one C.N. I was thinking about this one
yesterday, so when I noticed you post it today, I had already realised
that this problem is far more widespread than we are aware of.

And apparently, it's widespread not just geographically, but time-wise, too:

http://www.itchmo.com/read/melamine-...china_20070430

Joyce
Old May 4th 07, 01:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Gabey8[_2_]

On May 3, 2:59 pm, wrote:
sheelagh wrote:

Thank you very much for this one C.N. I was thinking about this one
yesterday, so when I noticed you post it today, I had already realised
that this problem is far more widespread than we are aware of.

And apparently, it's widespread not just geographically, but time-wise, too:

http://www.itchmo.com/read/melamine-...s-back-decades...

Joyce

And I wonder if some pet diseases like renal failure in cats was
always at the rate it is now, or if it started to increase at around
the same time as the melamine started going into the food?

I wish the people responsible for this had to eat the same
contaminated ingredients they've been disseminating to our pets, until
they develop the same symptoms. It makes me furious.

Donna

Old May 4th 07, 01:57 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jofirey

"Gabey8" wrote in message
oups.com...
On May 3, 2:59 pm, wrote:
sheelagh wrote:

Thank you very much for this one C.N. I was thinking about this one
yesterday, so when I noticed you post it today, I had already realised
that this problem is far more widespread than we are aware of.

And apparently, it's widespread not just geographically, but time-wise,
too:

http://www.itchmo.com/read/melamine-...s-back-decades...

Joyce

And I wonder if some pet diseases like renal failure in cats was
always at the rate it is now, or if it started to increase at around
the same time as the melamine started going into the food?

I wish the people responsible for this had to eat the same
contaminated ingredients they've been disseminating to our pets, until
they develop the same symptoms. It makes me furious.

Donna

No, not bad enough. There are things that will kill a cat that won't harm a
person all that much.

How about we feed them some ground glass instead. That might give them some
clue what this does to cats.

Jo

Old May 5th 07, 12:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ginger-lyn

wrote:
CatNipped wrote:

The recall also expanded to include 2 varieties in Europe.

Full details:

http://www.itchmo.com/read/breaking-...ation_20070502

BREAKING NEWS: Menu Foods Recall Expands Dramatically Due to
Cross-Contamination

I see that Friskies/Purina is still not on the list. That's a relief.

On the other hand, Trader Joe's *is* on the list, and I've occasionally
fed them TJ's canned food. That will stop!

Thanks for the update.

Joyce

I'm holding my breath on that one, too, since that's my guys' dinner
food (lunch is dry Science Diet, also not on the list -- knock wood).

Ginger-lyn
Old May 6th 07, 06:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
sheelagh

On 4 May, 01:23, Gabey8 wrote:
On May 3, 2:59 pm, wrote:

sheelagh wrote:

[...]

It would be a fitting reassurance, wouldn't it? If they were willing
to, I might be inclined to believe them, but not until!! I feel just
as angry about it as you do too!
S;o)