The Saga of Anti Heather- or How I Came To Be Owned By So Many Cats -Chapter Three

Old April 11th 08, 03:58 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
[email protected]

Default The Saga of Anti Heather- or How I Came To Be Owned By So Many Cats -Chapter Three

Chapter Three: Vinnie (RB). and Liddle Zoé Underfoot (RB) - In 1998,
I got a call from one of the vet techs, asking me I knew anyone who
wanted a 2-3 year old black cat, who's days were numbered.
Apparently, he had been owned by an older lady, who decided she
couldn't look after him any more. Her son had taken him to Ted's
office, paid a month's board, and instructed them to put him down if a
home couldn't be found.

Unca Graeme and I agreed to go and take a look at him, thought he
looked much older than 2-3, but decided to take him anyway. We were
in the midst of packing and moving into a larger apartment, so we paid
two weeks board, and said we'd get him after we'd moved.

According to Ted, Vinnie (owner called him Minnie), was more likely
around 10- 11 years old. Vinnie was with us until August, 2005, when
we had to help him to the Rainbow Bridge, as his liver shut down. Our
wonderful Ted came to the house to help him on his way.

On June 14, 2000, we went out for breakfast. One of the waitresses
called me into the back. When I asked her why, she wouldn't tell me,
just told me to follow her, so I did. She pointed to a box on the
floor. There in the box, was a kitten, looking so tiny and helpless.
I could feel the tears welling up in my eyes. I picked the kitten up
and burst into tears. I told her she was coming home with me.

For three days, a postal worker had seen a mother cat and her kittens
under an old broken down truck. On the fourth day, in the pouring down
rain, he noticed there was only one kitten, huddling alone, hungry,
afraid, and trying to keep dry under the truck. The mother and
siblings were nowhere to be found.

Not knowing what to do with the kitten, the postal worker took the
kitten to the restaurant, where he knew the waitress and I were cat
lovers, and one of us would adopt her.

We immediately took her to our vet, as she was sneezing, and her eyes
were runny. The vet said she was probably about four weeks old, and
weighed under one pound. He also suggested we run a DNA test on her,
which we did. She tested positive for panleukopenia. We were
heartbroken. She was immediately put on medication, as well as
Missing Link, and was tested again in three months. We were overjoyed
to hear she had beaten it.

She continued to do well, but couldn't be spayed, as she weighed under
five pounds, and Ted wanted to wait till then. On May 31, 2001, we
took her in to be spayed, thinking we'd be going to pick her up the
next day.

This next part is very hard for me to write even now. sniff For
some reason, Unca Graeme decided to take a "mental health" day off
work. I'm very glad he did. We were in the car and the cell phone
rang. Unca Graeme answered it; then handed it to me. It was our
vet. He made sure I wasn't driving, then gave me the awful news. Our
Liddle Zoé Underfoot was gone. She'd made it through the spay, but
her chest cavity was full of fluid. She woke up, but then stopped
breathing. They managed to bring her to live, but it wasn't meant to
be. Our precious baby had gone to the Rainbow Bridge without me
having a chance to say goodbye. tears The one consolation was that
every single person who was on duty in the clinic that day was there
with her.
Old April 11th 08, 04:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Lucy[_3_]

It's still very hard for me to realize that either of these sweet
kitties is really gone.

Julie

Old April 11th 08, 05:55 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
[email protected]

You and me both Julie. :-(

Heather

wrote:
[...]

with her.- Hide quoted text -

Old April 11th 08, 06:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Stormmee

we remfurz diz anna it wuz veri sadsad, Trudi, remfurin anna watchin soft
leak onna keyboard agin

Old April 12th 08, 08:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Pi2nya AKA Sweetee

I well remember Liddle Zoé Underfoot. Dyna (RB) helped her be a
cheerleader and since she was soo small she was the one who was at the
top of the pyramid at the PawBall game.

How long was Liddle Zoé Underfoot with you Heather...it felt like
several months...no?

Sylvia

Old April 14th 08, 03:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
[email protected]

And I will always remember Dyna. The two of them were such great
pals. I also remember when you sent Dyna's littlest whisker for her
littlest friend in our Kissamouse card. That whisker is in a little
case I have that contains one of Zoé's whiskers and one of her nail
sheaths.

We brought Zoé home at the beginning of May 2000, and she went to the
Rainbow Bridge June 1, 2001. She was just over a year old.

Heather

Old April 15th 08, 07:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
The Ajo Clowder >^.^[_2_]

Vinnie -- he wuz a gud guy ana I am prowd he wuz mine brofur-in-paw.
As fur purr liddle Zoé Underfoot ..... snif... she wuz sew.....Bastdamnit
Ralph, sitting and thinkin and letting a tear or two slip down his cheek

Old April 15th 08, 09:44 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
[email protected]

Yes he was Ralph, and I know you miss him. I know what you mean about
liddle Zoé. She gave it a good fight though. :-(

Anti Heather, giving Ralph a big hug

Old April 16th 08, 12:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Mosey =^. .^= Mosey =^. .^= is offline
Banned

Dat is sew sad. Iam sew sorry yew had tew go throught that.
Da Bridge iz a wunnerful place to be, but it is sew hard on yew.
Many healings purrs from me.
Love, Mosey and Kyla
angelvinvin@

Old April 17th 08, 11:03 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
[email protected]

Thank you; it is hard. But knowing I'll see them again someday makes
it just a bit easier.

Anti Heather